Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Sept 8

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the place for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Bluvsu, I am doing the happy dance for ya'! Congrats on your fifty pound magnet! And here you are, on the brink of ONEderland, too! I hope the move isn't too stressful for you right now; sounds like you'll have a good "window" of time to move, though, and that's good! You'll get lots of exercise moving all those boxes, I'm sure. But take care of your back, and don't lift anything too heavy!

Bandit, hope you are having a great week!

JOYce, hope you are getting to rest a bit from your trip! All unpacked? (It takes me weeks to unpack from a trip sometimes.) We miss you!

DH and I had a quiet weekend; went to SA on Saturday to WW, and DH had his lowest weight ever!! He has lost a total of 65 pounds now, and is looking so great. We found all kinds of clothes the other day from years ago, and he can fit in them just fine; luckily, they were the kind that never go out of style.

Our little garden is coming up nicely. We have huge tomato plants (blooms but no tomatoes yet), red pepper, micro greens, beans, spinach, and herbs growing. Will plant lettuce this weekend.

I'm in the second week of keeping my 12-week journal. I used most of my flexpoints last week, but the scale at home shows a 2.8 loss! So I'm pretty close to nopay again, maybe in the next week or so, I hope! I think I'm going to like the flex plan.

Hi to Texaslady, Janet, Carol, Nascar Girl, Hottie, Linda, and anyone else I may have missed. Hope to see you again soon!

Regards,
Jan
Old 09-08-2003, 12:29 PM   #2  
Inchworm

Yes, I'm getting all rested and back to reality. I found myself ready to sign up for too many fun classes this week. So made the big decision this morning to scratch the ceramic class and concentrate on glass and beads. That will be more than enuf.

blu I'm hoping your move is going well. (both to a new home as well as nearing the one to ONEderland!)

Jan that is great about dh! WOW! I know he is thrilled! down 65 pounds!!
tell him that I have been taking his advice and watching the Food channel as well as 'doing the right thing'. dh has been pleasantly surprised with the meals I have been fixing since I've come home. You and dh set a wonderful example for me. Now I really HAVE to do it!

I bought some more of those Skinny cow 'strawberry shortcake' ice cream sandwiches. they are so good, could become a redlight food for me.

gotta get going! see y'all later!

Last edited by gmalil; 09-08-2003 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #3  

Jan- 65 pounds!! that is awesome. Give DH a big HIGH FIVE FOR ME! I love the 12 week journal too. I carry it in my purse and write down everything. I am challenging myself to lose 15 pounds by Halloween.

Hoping to go see some family in Chicago in Dec. They saw me at 40 lost. Well some have not seen me at all since I started losing. So they will be shocked. I have not seen my sister since Christmas and probably won't see her till this Christmas. She will be just amazed.

thanks for the well wishes on the move. I am pretty excited. 3 more weeks and I am outta here!! I can't wait. This week I am going to get some boxes to the new house. And pack some more. I gotta get moving on packing during the week Cause I have not been doing well there.

Today major victory ...one lady brought in sweedish fish ( I LOVE THEM) and m&ms. and then there was a cake in the breakroom. I did not TOUCH any of it. I kept saying 2.2 to onderland and none of those will help you get there! So now to keep chanting that tomorrow and the next day.

I wore a pair of pants that are falling off of me. Thank goodness they have a drawstring. But they will be retiring this fall when it is to cold to wear capris anymore. Not even going to pack them away.

did you know if you take the cheese off an egg mcmuffin it is only 5 points. And did you know you can go to www.mcdonalds.com and custom a menu item. Just fair warning there is nothing you can do to make a Big Mac point friendly.

Well off to bed for me. Gotta get up and make lunches in the morning since I did not do it tonight.

have a great day tomorrow. And keep on losing!!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

BLuv - A 5 Pt Egg McMuffin is do-able, thanks. Will keep that in mind for fast breakfast.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #5  

JOYce, those Strawberry Shortcake SC's sound wonderful; that's my favorite brand of lowfat ice cream. I haven't seen that flavor here yet, but will keep looking! Dad loved his card, thank you so much for sending it! And how thoughtful of you to make the print large for him! You are so sweet ...

Bluvsu, WAY TO GO on resisting the cake, candy etc.! You go, girl! You'll be in ONEderland in no time! That is so cool about your upcoming visit to your family; won't it be fun to see the surprise and delight on their faces?! I'm glad you are throwing out those too-big clothes; you're telling yourself that you will never need them again, and that's a very important message. Thanks for the tip on the McDonald's site; I will definitely give that a try!

Same old same old here. The week is going well so far, points-wise, and DH and I have walked at least two miles every day, sometimes more. Our evening walks are getting to be a real habit now, which is good! This morning, I used the treadmill for 20 min., and will probably walk again at sunset tonight. It feels good to get more consistent with my walking again; I skipped too many days of it while traveling this summer, and it caught up with me!

Hope everyone's having a great week so far!
Jan
Old 09-09-2003, 11:46 AM   #6  

Hi Bandit! I think we were posting at about the same time...
Jan
Old 09-10-2003, 08:50 AM   #7  

Morning Ladies! Hope all is well. We have had a bad 2 weeks at our house! DH broke his little toe 2 sat. ago and this past sat night he dropped a pickle jar (ball Jar) and the glass flew into a toe on his other foot! We were in ER 4 hrs Sunday and they couldn't get the glass out! Went to a bone Dr Monday; he says it will work itself out! To top it all off, my new puppy knocked over my popouri pot full of red popuri and I had to clean allthe carpets! Plus I slipped on the floor and have a huge bruise on my right leg below the knee on the bone! It's been a ordeal! I told DH I was gonna get him a walker! He's hobbling around ok today; went to work. The good news is I'm down 2 pounds! (Of course that's 2 of the 6 I had gained) At least it's going back in the right direction!
Jan - Tell DH congrads on the 65 loss!! Great Job!!!
Well better get back to work Everyone have a good week!

Last edited by Nascar Girl; 09-10-2003 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:30 AM   #8  

Nascar- sure hope things get better for you.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #9  
Inchworm

GRACIOUS nascar! You really know what it means when they say "when it rains it pours!!" I do hope that your storm is over!! WTG losing weight in spite of it all!

Others must like those SC strawberry shortcakes too, I haven't been able to find them again.

We're finally having some cooler weather here! Thank goodness!
Old 09-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #10  

Default re 50 or more week of Sept 8

Nascar Girl, oh my, what an awful chain of events!! I hope it means that you and your DH have both used up all the bad karma all at one time, and will have nothing but good luck for the rest of the year! WTG on losing the two pounds; great to see the scale going in that direction, isn't it!

Hi Bluvsu and JOYce!

Nothing new to report here; just working hard and hoping not to catch the "bug" that's going around the school like wildfire. Poor kids; as if they're not tired enough with school starting, all their activities, and just being teenagers, now this has to hit them. Sniffles, sneezes and sore throats everywhere ...

Gotta run! Hope everyone's having a great week. I guess Texaslady is busy making mums; we had our homecoming last Friday, here. Sure would love to hear from Janet, Carol, Hottie, Linda, and our other members!

Regards,
Jan
Old 09-10-2003, 08:41 PM   #11  

Default Hola!

Hi everyone!
This week has been tough and it is only Wednesday! I have been a good little Weight Watcher though! Using my points and Flex if needed. But I am sure struggling to keep my butt out of the vending machine! I have not done it. I just keep thinking 199.8 that is what it is all about right now.

I went and tried on some new clothes. I hate the clothing industry. Someone tell me why I seem to need a diffrent size in every brand. It is either a 18 or a 16. Sometimes a 16W. I just wish it was standard. But I did buy a new shirt in a L it is still a tad tight in the tummy but give me 5 pounds. And it is still to warm to wear it yet.

I may be MIA for the next week or so. Moving is coming way to quick. This weekend I am off to the new place to get my shelves lined. and some boxes moved in and clean! Fun Fun Fun!!! But I will be there the 27th. and plan to be unpacked by the 29th when I go back to work. HMMMMMMMMMMM.....sounds like Major AP points to me.

Well see you all soon. I will let you know when I am in onderland!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:33 AM   #12  

I keep forgetting to subscribe to the thread on Mondays!

Jan, that is GREAT that your DH has lost 65 pounds -- imagine how much better shape his whole insides are--lots less work for his heart to do its job, for one thing. That is just wonderful. And you are getting so close to being no pay again, I'm looking forward to the message you'll be sending us all soon that you have made it back down to goal.

I really like the flex points plan. Sure makes sense to me.

Nascargirl, you have had some bad breaks (including that toe of DH's), I know that things will get better for you soon. Hang in there!

Bluvsu2, how fun to be looking forward to seeing your family in December. They will be so happy to see the "new you!" Have fun moving, I'm sure you'll rack up quite a few APs.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:50 PM   #13  

Hi everyone! Thanks for the support! I think we should be good for at least 7 yrs on that bad luck! LOL!
Bluvs2 -I hear ya on the clothes issue. Every style/brand is different. Good luck on the move and be careful!!
Well gotta get back to work will try to check in later!
Old 09-11-2003, 04:08 PM   #14  

Hi Bluvsu, hope the move goes smoothly! Smart of you to get things like shelf paper done ahead of time; sounds like you are really organized. WTG on the size L shirt! I think it's a great idea to buy something that's a little snug as an incentive. In fact, I did the same thing last weekend: I bought a suede skirt I'd seen in a magazine (and then had to have the jacket, too, of course!). I bought it a size smaller than I usually wear, because I'm determined to get to my personal goal (about 10 pounds below WW goal) this winter. That suede outfit will be a visualization tool for me. It's already worked several times, when I was tempted to have a few more pts, and instead imagined how good it would feel to wear that outfit this winter!

Hi Linda! Thanks for the encouragement! The scale keeps creeping downward, so I hope to have that good news soon. Maybe we'll both reach goal again at the same time!

Nascar Girl, I agree, the fates owe you at least 7 years of good luck now! Take care, and have a restful weekend!

Regards,
Jan
Old 09-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #15  
Inchworm

Thumbs up HE FOUND OUT!

Dh, after eating Brummel and Brown for a cupla yrs, read the label for the first time, and discovered that it is made from yogurt! He will not eat yogurt! so guess it is 2 tubs of margarine on our table
Closed Thread