Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default attending an asian wedding

hello all...

i just have a quick question. i have an asian wedding that i will be attending this saturday. i heard that there is a seven course meal or so! anyway, i was wondering if anyone out there knew of the courses that way i can plan my eating accordingly. i know i'll probably go over points, but... i wanna try to keep it at a minimum if possible.

thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 09:00 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hello!
when you say asian do you mean chinese, japanese, indian, pakistani or something else? in britain it can mean any of those things, but i think maybe you are meaning far eastern...?
i went to a japanese restaurant the other month and you have about 7 courses but they aren't very big. i'd avoid the tempura (deep fried veggies). hopefully there will be lots of fish and sushi (which apparently you finish your meal on) is very healthy, go for vegetable sushi and that should minimise points (unless it's avacado!).
hope that helps,
kirsty
Old 05-15-2003, 10:07 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

hi kirsty

the wedding is a chinese wedding. i don't know how that affect things. i'm assuming that the sushi will not be there.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:34 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

yeah sushi is japanese so it won't be there!
chinese food is usually pretty healthy, i'm sure you'll be able to find low point things. good luck and i hope you have a lovely time at the wedding.
oh, just had a thought. avoid the spring rolls and prawn toast. they're pretty high in points!
Closed Thread