Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 10:52 PM   #1  

Hi! Here is the new thread. We seem to have lost #43.
Dianne,
I missed you. Glad you are back.
Essie,
That is great that you feel the same. You will get going again. I know you will. How about that new gym yet. Did your brother get it going?
Hope you didn't get much snow. SPRING!!!! Can't wait.
TTYL,
Terri

Hope we found you Zoe, Jen and Myra!
Terri
Old 03-07-2001, 03:37 AM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Don't even talk about snow. We got about a foot and it is supposed to snow again Friday and Saturday. I've had enuf winter for a lifetime.

Myra
Old 03-07-2001, 08:55 AM   #3  

Myra,
I cannot imagine that much snow anymore. I'll be praying for SPRING to get here. Just keep thinking WARM, BUDS, GREEN GRASS etc...

Hi Jen, Essie, Zoe and Dianne
It is HUMP DAY!!!!!
Terri
Old 03-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #4  

Where is everyone? I am getting sleepy waiting for y'all.

I want y'all to come back. Leaving us is a

If you leave us we will have to deal with the

If y'all don't come back I have to keep playing with these smilies. Then I will get

I don't want to have to e-mail y'all and be

So please come back.

Miss you!!!!!!
Terri
Old 03-08-2001, 10:34 AM   #5  

Terri -- You are too funny - those new smilies are so cute. I especially like that little
You are just soooooooooo creative, LOL

Well, today is a brand new day and I'm starting over (again), but that's okay. I've decided to treat this like an addiction just like gambling or alcohol -- I will take this one day at a time. I'm starting to feel that if I think of this as a lifetime thing, I will be overwhelmed I like being underwhelmed better

Hope everyone is doing well -- Myra I know you said not to mention it again, but looks like you, me and Essie are in for some more s_ _ w this weekend We'll get through it somehow. Spring is right around the corner.

Hi Jen and Zoe -- hope you guys are okay. Zoe, hope you are enjoying your vacation, and Jen , hope you are still planning your trip to Mexico.

Have a great day, everyone.

Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 03-08-2001 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:44 PM   #6  

hehehe,
Yes I feel it is like an addiction. We will be starting over every day. I love the guilt that I do not feel when I stay op. It feels much better than when I don't. I know my fat cells are sitting there in wait and ready to be sneaky
Then they will turn like the on me. I get so confused (I love theses smilies too) .
We can do this albeit slowly. But it will get done.
One day at a time. That is how I live. My biggest accomplishment since starting is that if I eat something perfectly sinful (like a Buster Bar and I have ) I hop right back on now. At least after I eat, I mean lick the stick. Before I used that as a liscense to eat whatever 'til the next day. Not anymore. I have learned that I can start right now. I have never done that before. That to me is .
Giving up is a
I am so glad you started again. You are an asset to us. And a friend. You go to so many interesting things. I love to hear about them. If you leave I will
hehe,
Love ya'll,
Terri
Old 03-09-2001, 12:34 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've been away from here for toooo long!

Tuesday was my daughter's birthday, she had asked me to watch the boys overnight so she and Michael could go out for dinner, etc. Of course I said yes, and it was a very busy two days!

Add to that the tons of homework and studying I've been doing (but love), and the week is gone!

I'm glad to hear that you're okay, Essie, and Dianne, with that terrible weather. Myra, how are you doing? At least it's March, so it won't be around for too long.

Terri!!! I'm dizzy from the smilies!!! LOL too funny, and you've been very creative with them, I must say!

It's getting late, I'll be back tomorrow.

~Jen
Old 03-09-2001, 01:00 AM   #8  

You sure do sound like you were busy. Man!!!
I'll bet your grandbabies loved it. Fun but tiring.
What are you going to school for?
I might go back for my Masters in Education.
Take care everyone.
Terri
Old 03-09-2001, 06:42 AM   #9  

Wink

Hello

Seems like we all found eachother again. Terri #43 was there. Nobody posted on it so I deleted it

We got soooooo much snow. The next couple of days it's going to be in the 40's so it'll start to melt.

I have to try real hard to lose 10% of my weight by the end of August. My nephew is getting married. Yesterday I did so well & one of the attorney's keeps chocolate on her desk & at the end of the day I ate 5!!!! Now this woman is very overweight, has chocolates right in front of her & she tells me that doesn't bother her! My problem is sweets!! Me & my brother(personal trainer), we are so much alike it's scary sometimes.

We celebrated David's birthday (my baby) Saturday. I met his "new" girlfriend. She is so cute. With my son you never know. Time is flying! I wish he would settle down already, so I can become a Grandma

Well ladies, I don't want to spend to much time on-line this morning. Have sort of a busy day ahead of me. I'll try to be back later.

Have a great day everybody.

Last edited by livingfit426; 03-09-2001 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2001, 07:19 AM   #10  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm here too. I've been inundated with both snow and work. I'm going crazy. Not doing so well on WW but I refuse to give up. This week I am determined to lose.

I hope all are doing well.

Myra
Old 03-09-2001, 09:41 AM   #11  

I'm sorry Essie. I didn't see it. I wasn't being pushy.
I am glad you had a great time and I am glad you liked your maybe future DIL.?
Hi Myra. Take it easy. Spring is on its way.
Terri
Old 03-09-2001, 12:07 PM   #12  

Me again

Terri, no need to apologize. With the new changes maybe it disappeared that day. Who knows. I did have a nice time Sat. I met all my son's friends. This weekend is my nephew's son's birthday. He'll be 5 yrs. old. A real cutie. We never seem to get a break!! I survived the holidays now I have birthdays to deal with.

Myra, hang in there. I refuse to give up also. Imagine how we would feel if we decided to do that. I get my nails done every other week & I made friends with a woman that schedules her appts for the same days I go, and she's been on WW around 1 mth & she looked so good today. She has breast cancer & is getting treatment. The chemo made her gain weight so she decided to try WW & is doing so well. She is determined. I applaud her. We can't let anything stand in our way.

Hi Jen & Dianne
Old 03-09-2001, 10:55 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi,

Myra, it's so good to hear you saying that you're not giving up, that you'll stick with it. It seems as though quite a few of us are in the same boat. Just need to keep plodding along, don't let it out of our sight, and don't quit! At least that's what I keep on telling myself.........

Essie, you're so right, the holidays are over, but we still have to deal with the rest of the year. Isn't it difficult to meet your son's girlfriend and wonder if she will be "the one" ? For some reason, it was easier to marry off my daughter than it will be my son!

Terri, right after I graduated from high school, Joe and I eloped to city hall (long story) and I never went to college. Now that the kids are grown, I'm finally getting my chance. I began by getting my feet wet with a computer class (Excel, Access, etc.) this semester. It was tough to walk through that door after 30 years! I really am loving it though, and will take at least one class next fall. If you're thinking of pursuring your master's, I say go for it. You know you'll never regret it. What a great example it will be for your kids.

Well, this is turning into a book. We're having a small get together tomorrow evening for Jessica's birthday (my daughter). Joe's sis and hubby are coming over.

Have a good weekend everyone.

~Jen
Old 03-09-2001, 11:24 PM   #14  

Arrow

That is wonderful Jen. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
It is never too late.
My husband got his Masters in 1996 and he just got permission to take a 2 yr. sabbatical to get his Doctorate. I think when he is done
I will pursue it.
Good luck to you. I know you will get your degree. Your grandkids will be bragging about you all over the place. We might see you in Woman's World Magazine.
You go Girl!!!!!

Essie,
I am so glad you got to meet some of your son's friends. That little 5 yr. old sounds cute. I wish mine were that little.
Hi everyone!!!!!
Terri

Last edited by points; 03-09-2001 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2001, 07:53 AM   #15  

Hi

I'm feeling pretty good today. My scale reads 2 lbs. less than last week. I read somewhere that Vioxx makes you gain weight. I wonder if that's true. I have to take it every now & then.

Jen, that's really cool going back to school. My brother is always telling me to go back. I really don't feel like it at this point in my life. I give you alot of credit. Way to go!

It is difficult meeting my son's girlfriends. I haven't been to crazy about some of his choices. I've had to bite my tongue. Believe me it's been hard. I think this one might be his type. He's 7 yrs. older than her. For me, that's not a big deal. At least she's never been married or has had children. I've always worried about a jealous ex. Do I sound like a worrier? (sp?)

Terri, how much have you lost so far? In how long? I sat the other day & tried to figure out why am I so out of it. Couldn't figure it out. I'm not letting that think he's got one over me. No way. It's been a struggle for me but I will beat whatever this is. I am very close with my nephew & he's very disappointed with his mom. She's always depressed among other things. He said his mom never tries hard enough. She's a quitter & he's right. It put me to think I don't ever want to be labelled as a quitter. No way Jose!!!!

Myra & Dianne, it's supposed to warm up this weekend so the snow is going to disappear

Have a great day guys
Closed Thread