Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's and then some.....No. 140

Hi. I thought we should start another thread.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-12-2003, 11:40 AM   #2  

I am anal. I had to write this to bring the thread on top of #139.
Terri
Old 04-12-2003, 03:12 PM   #3  

Evening ladies,

Wow, it took me forever to read through all the post I had missed last week. Would you girls believe that I'm actually home ALONE!

The transmission went out in Angela's car, so she had to borrow mine. One of her girls is at her "meme's" and the other is with her. Since she took my car, she had to take Nicholas home. Oh, Maurice is at work,so it's just me, the computer and the tv. However, I do have to get busy on our taxes. I think procrastination is my middle name.

Earlier you all were talking about being low or high maintenance. I'm definitely low maintenance. I don't do my nails, refuse to buy clothes until I lose weight. I haven't had a hair cut in months, I've vowed that I'm not cutting it until I get all the weight off. So most of the time I wear it pulled up. Most of the time, with the weight gain, I haven't felt good enough about myself to wear makeup, but I've been wearing it more lately.

SURVIVOR, yes, I agree with the rest of you, those two girls are definitely too skinny. You know, they may have had decent bodies in the beginning, but looks like the Amazon is doing a number on them. Maybe I should apply for the next Survivor. Do you think I could convince everyone not to vote me off until I lost 20 lbs. Deena is gone! I guess she underestimated the power of all the other survivors. I was surprised that the only one that didn't vote for her was Christy. I hope Christy wins, but it would do me good to see the weird guy win. Everyone acts like he is an axe murderer or something!

The cartoon with the woman shooting her scale. If I had a gun, that would have been me on Monday! The prior week, I had been showing signs of an increase. My points had just dropped from 22- 27 to 20 - 25. I didn't blow my eating at all, and the only other thing that was different was that I had started taking Viactiv calcium chews and a multi vitamin. When Monday rolled around I was up from 174 to 177, I had to record a 3.2 lb GAIN. But guess what!! Tuesday I was back down to normal and by today I'm down to 172. That puts my total weight loss around 16 lbs in the last 7 or 8 weeks.

TERRI, wow, Brit will be 17. The years seem to fly by. My Angela turned 22 last Sunday. Tell Brandon Happy Birthday.

Well, I'll finish this later, I have someone trying to call me.

Bye
Ruth
Old 04-12-2003, 03:23 PM   #4  

Hi guys

Ruth - its good to see ya back and was fun chatting with you earlier. I know it must feel good to be "home alone" - you could write your own movie, Congrats on the 16 lbs. lost - and you knew that 3 lb gain was gonna go down fast since you were just retaining water. That's a huge accomplishment. Hang in there. And to Angela!

Jen - the weather's getting better in NY too, thank goodness. It was so depressing with all that rain - not to mention the snow last week! Your garden will be beautiful I'm sure. I love asparagus! You can send it my way - its my favorite vegetable, actually, its almost the only green vegetable I eat, lol.
Glad to hear Joe's doing okay - I guess I should make that appointment, huh?

Terri - Hope Brandon's having a great birthday And you're remaining "sane"

Hi Es - Curves sounds like fun - is it very expensive? I've actually never been to a regular gym type place. Silly, too, since I work in a university and we have a fitness center with treadmills, bikes, etc. I don't know, my favorite exercise is walking and now that the good weather's coming, I hope I'll be more motivated to get out there to the park.

Hey ZoeGirl - where are you??? Busy with the new house?

Hi Donna, Janie and Sandy

Well, I'm making an early dinner, willie's at work and I hope to do something tonight. Movie, something - or just get into the city and walk around. There's always plenty to see in Manhattan, for sure.

Hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you's tomorrow.
Thanks for the birthday wishes for Alana - I'll pass them on tomorrow. I just hope I don't feel too bad, not being with her. I know she's celebrating tonight with 3 other sorority sisters who are having a birthday next week. And tomorrow Casey is taking her out, so I'm sure it will be fine. Guilt trips suck, don't they?

Last edited by decemberdianne; 04-12-2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Okay, I'm either losing it or getting old...(NOT!!!) I read the name for this new thread a few times, each time reading,"fab 40's and then some, NO 140!" like the word "no" not "number"...geez...I couldn't figure out what Terri meant!!!

Ruth,
You're doing great!!! Keep up the hard work. It must be thrilling to be alone for a while, enjoy! I'd like to see Christy win..can't stand Rob. That's the only program I will not miss if I can help it.

Dianne,
You can have all the asparagus you want! but you'll have to fight Joe and my son for it. From what I've read, it takes 3 years to get the first crop...I hope it's worth the wait for them I like most veggies, but don't eat enough of them, except when the garden is at it's best in the summer.
And yes, if your dr. suggested the colonoscopy you should have it done. It's really not that big of a deal...let's be honest...I think it's the whole butt thing, right? Makes us all squeamish.

I've got to go to the dr...have a sore lump on the bottom of the ball of my right foot....it's very tender and sore. Joey said it could be a fractured bone (?) or something else technical. Of course I've been putting it off, but can't walk barefoot. Now I'm thinking, what if it's something that requires surgery? That would mean no swimming so I'm making an appt. on Monday. God forbid I couldn't go in the pool!

HI Terri, Es, Zoe, Janie, Sandy

~Jen
Old 04-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #6  

OMG Jen - you cracked me up!! "Let's be honest, its the whole butt thing" (or vice versa) Well, now that you said Joe said its not too bad, I will make an appointment and get it over with.

Holy moly, the asparagus takes 3 years to come in? - thanks anyway, I'll get it from the store Hope your foot's okay - my sister's been complaining and she thinks its a "spur", which I think means a hardening of a certain area because of too much calcium. She's gonna go get it checked out. Yes, you should too so you can get it taken care of in time for the pool.

Well, hi to everyone, just couldn't resist replying to Jen's "butt" comment

Happy Palm Sunday to those who celebrate it tomorrow.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 04-12-2003 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #7  

Just wanted to let you guys know I found you and I'm not sick. Just busy getting ready for the inlaws coming in.

I think I may join WW online.

Talk to you all later.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:24 PM   #8  

YAY!! They found the POWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth,
Thanks Ruth. Time sure does fly by!!!!!!
I agree with you. I want Matthew or Christy to win. Rob, Heidi and Jenna are way to cocky. I can just see you in the Amazon saying "Please let me lose 20 pounds then you can vote me out."
That is wonderful about the weight loss. You go girl!

Dianne,
It is so hard when they grow up. She gets to have a lot of birthdays.
There is 1 more hour until the parents come.

Jen,
The period after ( NO. ) makes it the abbreviation for number.
Hope your foot is better soon. that would suck to have a pool and not be able to go in.

Donna,
Have fun.

Dianne,
Happy Palm Sunday to you too.
Terri

Last edited by points; 04-13-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:38 PM   #9  

Morning,

I was going to write so much more yesterday, but never got a chance to get back on. Now I've forgotten most of the other post on the other page!! LOL Must be the age thing!

DIANNE, ES, DONNA and JANIE, my advice, just fake it until it becomes habit and a reality! Believe me, I literally did not want to lose weight this time. I was just so miserable gaining everything back , I spent this semester in a total funk. I didn't want to go to school, didn't want to wear make-up, hated getting dress, totally depressed. Everything ached, my knees, my feet, my back and the worse part, sex wasn't fun either. So, I got up one day and said I've had enough, I've got to do something!! I just started doing it, literally making myself do it! You know, that click we talk about, I've had it before, it's when the eating less and exercising is easy because we are so eager. But that didn't happen this time. It wasn't easy, I just had to make myself do it. So hang in there, say a little prayer, let go and let GOD!!
DIANNE, I enjoyed talking to you also yesterday. I sure did enjoy my time alone!!

ZOE, hope everything is going okay, check in on us soon.

ES, your dinner party sounds nice. I'm not much for entertaining. I was telling Maurice that I need to start cooking Sunday dinner and inviting the kids over. Boy, they would be surprised!!

Well, I've got a school project to work on. I'm with you TERRI, thank God they found the POW's. I was afraid that they had been killed when things started going bad for the regime.

Bye till later,

Ruth
Old 04-13-2003, 02:04 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, I know the abbreviation just didn't see the period!
How was Brandon's sleepover?

I agree......THANK GOD THE POW'S ARE SAFE

~Jen
Old 04-13-2003, 07:09 PM   #11  

Angry

Hi

Jen, when you mentioned about the No. 140, it was then that I noticed I didn't number our last thread! That lump sounds painful & annoying. You shouldn't put off going to the dr.

Ruth, I've become so close with you all that even if I wasn't following the program I would still post. I saw some pictures of myself today & I felt like ripping them up. I hate the way I look. I have to do something about it. I really can't take it anymore. I WILL "let go, let God because He is the only one that can help me through this. Thanks for reminding me. I give you alot of credit for doing it on your own, without WW online or meetings. I needed to read your post today.

Terri, did the boys behave? Seems like you were counting every minute waiting for the parents to come pick them up.
I hope Brandon had fun.

Donna, did you decide if you're going to join the WW online?

Dianne, Curves is $39.00 a month. It is a fun workout. They measure your BMI & measurements once a month. As soon as it gets nice you're going to start walking right? If we all were neighbors we would be a great walking group. We'd be chit chatting the whole time. Lots of laughs too.

Hi Janie, Zoe & Sandy.

Till tomorrow.

Love,
Es
Old 04-13-2003, 10:45 PM   #12  

Hi guys

Well, tomorrow will be the first day of my "fresh start". I decided today that nothing is going to motivate me but me - and I'm tired of feeling like I can't do this - cause I CAN do it. Anyway, to back up my mouth, I went food shopping and bought my healthy choice coldcuts and reduced calorie bread and my graham crackers, and some applesauce in those little cups - I think their 2 pts. If I don't have my "supplies" with me, I won't do it, that's just the way it is. So wish me luck girls! (Es- want to join me?)

Hey Terri - how did Brandon's party go? Do you have any hair left? I hope he had a great time. Just spoke to Alana and she had a great birthday - she thanks you all for your good wishes. I felt so much better that she had a good day!

Es - I wish we did live close enough - can you imagine us all walking together? That would be soooooooo I think I'll walk at lunch time tomorrow - start things off right.

Donna - when are your in-laws coming? I must have missed that somewhere along the way. How long are they staying?

Jen - Did you do any more yard work today? I don't know about Chicago, but it was beautiful in NY today. Willie and I went to a restaurant on the Beach in Breezy Point, and then we walked along the beach. I love the water, it was nice. And it makes me want to start the walking again. Maybe I was just needing the good weather to pick me up, who knows?

ZoeGirl: Where are you? Come say hi. We miss you.

Hi Ruth - everyone back home? Bet you enjoyed that "alone" time.

Hey Janie and Sandy - how are you guys doing?

Thank God the POW's are safe - what a miracle! I saw Shoshanna Johnson's parents on tv and they were so happy and excited - it was such great news!

Well, I guess I'll sign off for now. I'm a little excited about getting my stuff ready for work tomorrow - silly huh?

I will talk to you all tomorrow - have a great Monday!

Last edited by decemberdianne; 04-13-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:04 AM   #13  

Smile

Happy Monday!

Dianne, I'll join you. I don't know if I'll help you much but I'm game! It's funny cause I'm always up for a challenge but I'm always the one to quit first. Let's Do It
I already have 4 WW entrees, yogurt, lite popcorn, reduced fat cookies, healthy choice cold cuts, FF cheese, lite grain bread & diet soda. I can start today Fruits, I have bananas, kiwi & oranges plus a can of mixed fruit w/unsweetened juice. The only thing I'm missing is veggies to make a salad. Alright, I'M READY.

I have to decide what I'm going to do today. I'm going to wait till Friday to buy myself an Easter outfit. Maybe by then I'll be 5 lbs. less. I don't have anything planned for Easter other than church. I'll have to cook but I don't know what.

I'll be back later.

Hugs to my girls

Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 04-14-2003 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Morning everyone!

Dianne, I don't think it's silly at all to look positively at a fresh start. Planning and shopping is the first step! Like Es, I've been unhappy lately with myself. And, like both of you I realized TODAY had to be the day.... Yep, we're all in the same mindset.
Having the right choices in the frig, pantry, cabinets, is the first step. You guys have stocked up, I've got lots here too. Here's to a 1st Day, Fresh Start : type of day!

Am I sore today! After two days of yard work and cleaning up, I can feel sooo many unused muscles! Woke up at 2 a.m. and had to take some ibuprofen. We're expecting two days of temps near 80 so I plan on being outside as much as possible. While I look forward to the warm weather, I shudder at the thought of warm weather clothes.

Hope everyone's weekend was great. Terri did you survive the sleepover? Ruth hope you're relaxed and caught up with your schoolwork. When does the semester end? Donna have fun with your guests! Zoe, how are you? how's the house? Janie, HI!

later,
~Jen
Old 04-14-2003, 08:37 AM   #15  

Just to let you all know I'm not ignoring you all, I am just very busy and it doesn't look like it's going to let up until after Easter.

I looked at the WW online and I may do it it's just too expensive right now for me. I'm not trying to poor mouth but money is very tight around here right now. BUT I do believe that I can improvise. There are sites for free that I can journal on and weigh in every week. SO, maybe I'll do that until I find that things get better. I believe since we had a really cold winter and our heating bills and other bills doubled that has thrown us off. Things will get better. Maybe not my waistline but like someone was saying it just finally gets to the point that you are so disgusted that you KNOW you don't have a choice and you have to do something. It's back to that point for me.

My sil, mil and three children will be here tomorrow night and they are staying until Saturday morning. The live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and it will take them 10+ hours to drive here especially with those kids. My daughter has been counting the days though. She loves that they are coming to see her.

Es, sounds like you have your menu planned out. I've been buying lots of fruit lately then I read that fruit increases your chances of Parkinson disease.... But the risk does not out weigh the benefits.

Terri, how was the birthday party this weekend?

Dianne, good luck on your first day of your fresh start!!! I am proud of you!!!!

Ruth, I know you enjoyed your quiet, alone time. I hope your week goes well!

Zoe, how is the house coming along? I bet it is really rolling now!

Janie, what is your week looking like?

Jen, too funny about the 140! I laughed so hard when I read that! You have to be related to me somewhere along the way! That's something I would read! I hope you see about your foot soon. I know dreading the possibility of surgery. I am LATE AGAIN! So, that means that the cyst still lurks on that ovary causing such problems with my cycle so they will talk about removing it. You just don't know how upset that makes me because even though it's outpatient it's going to be inconvenient with the end of school and all. It's just so weird that every May 1st some one in our family has been in the hospital or having some medical procedure done. Elena had tubes put in her ears two years this May 1st and last May 1st Jim was in the hospital for his heart cath and then the next day the mitral valve heart surgery. Anyway...

got a lot of blessing to do in my house and with Elena home from school this week it isn't going to be easy. It was absolutely beautiful here all weekend and we did get a lot of work done in the yard. Spread alot of mulch I just wish it stayed that dark color for a while because against the green of the weeds/grass it looks so nice!

Hope you ALL have a great day!

Closed Thread