Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 08:34 AM   #46  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Dianne ~ thank you! How is it that people can be such good friends and have never met? It's an amazing world, isn't it?

Thank you for reminding me about your own experience. I remember it. I know that it can be nothing just as well as anything else but you know first hand, this can cause your life to be put on hold. I mean, I don't want to do anything.

I just wanted to thank you for your reminder that this surely CAN be and WILL be nothing.

Love,
Patti <><
Old 04-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #47  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
Dianne said it so well, and from experience...there's not too much more I can add. Keep in mind how each of us lifts the other up, which is why we keep coming here. Be positive! If I've learned nothing else from all of my friends here, it's to look on the bright side and be hopeful.
You will be in my prayers, especially this Easter weekend....it's all about faith and rejoicing.

~Jen
Old 04-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #48  

Good morning everyone,

As always lately, I'm sitting in a computer lab at school and only have a second before class, I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Zoe, just know that you are in my prayers. Last year they had my aunt scared to death. She was called back for retesting 2 or 3 times. Eventually they told her it wasn't cancer and she could either live with the lump or they could remove it. Since it isn't causing pain, she chose to not have surgery. I have faith that you will be alright too!!

To everyone else, have a nice Thursday!!

Ruth
Old 04-17-2003, 05:07 PM   #49  

Zoe,
There is nothing that I can add to what everyone said. They lived through your experience and they gave great advice.
We are here for you. You will be in my prayers and this is a great weekend for it huh? If you need to talk ever just let me know.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 04-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #50  

One more time!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 06:19 PM   #51  

Well, I increased the size, but the photo looks blurry on my screen. Anyway, this is Maurice and me, the photo was taken on Feb. 6, 2003, the day Brittany was born. I guess this is what I will consider my before photo!! I've lost almost 18 lbs. since then, but I can't tell it.

Have a good evening.

Ruth
Old 04-17-2003, 10:07 PM   #52  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth!

Thank you so much, the photo looks great It's nice to be able to put a face with the posts! So far I've seen Terri and Janie, now you I've got to figure out how to resize the pic of Joe and I in order to post it. You and Maurice look so young to be grandparents!

Will be back tomorrow, in the afternoon, to post. Have to clean house and wash floors , then go to the podiatrist at 1:00.

See you later,
~Jen
Old 04-17-2003, 11:27 PM   #53  

Jen, Thanks for the compliment. Maurice and I are both 44. I'm 3 weeks older than him. I was a grandmother when I was 34. We were definitely too young!

I would love to see photos of the rest of you and I haven't seen any of Terri or Janie. I had to buy a new program to resize the photo. None of the programs that I had would do it. Oh, It took me about 4 attempts to get the photo sized!!

You know it is nice to put a face to the names. We all have gotten so close, it would be great if we could all meet someday!!

Well I better go, I plan to add photos of the grandbabies tomorrow.

Bye
Ruth

Last edited by short & sassy; 04-17-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:50 AM   #54  

Zoe, my friend, don't let the enemy get the best of you. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. They really need to get their act together. They put us through so much. They have no idea what they put us through. Then, after they do the second test we have to wait!!! Do you have a prayer chain at your church? If you do let those truckload of christians start praying for you girl. That enemy has to flee. You're in my prayers. Please send me your email. ([email protected])

Ruth, I love the picture. I'm going to go thru my pictures & when I'm ready you can send me your address okay? Thanks for the offer.

I have a dental appt. I'll be back later.

Love,
Es
Old 04-18-2003, 08:34 AM   #55  

Good "Good Friday" morning:

Ruth - great photo, you and Maurice do look too young to be grandparents! Maybe I can get in on your offer to Es about posting a photo - it is great to put a face to the person. So far, I've seen Terri & family, Donna's daughter & Jen & Joe. I'd love to see mi amiga, Es and everyone else.

Jen - Good luck with the podiatrist.

Es - Good luck with the dentist.

ZoeGirl - thinking of you sweetie.

Hi Terri, Donna, Janie and Sandy

Alana & I are going shopping today - she got money for her birthday so its burning a hole in her pocket It was good to be off yesterday too - I wound up going to pick her up at her sister's and got to spend time with "the Jessa" She is too cute - she wanted to come home with me, but her mom won't let her go yet. I felt bad, she was saying "Dan, Dan.........I ready", letting me know she was ready to leave with me, had her coat on and all. She was looking for her "posketbook". Lisa later told us she cried for quite a while She promises she'll let her stay over this summer some time..........we'll see

Well, gotta jump in the shower and have some breakfast. Still doing good so far with staying on program. Will probably weigh myself tomorrow, even though I started last monday. My "day off" from program will be Easter Sunday, so that should work out okay.

Hope everyone has a great day. Talk to you's soon.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 04-18-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:46 AM   #56  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Am waiting for the kitchen floor to dry....why oh why do I hate cleaning so much? Such a waste of time when I could be doing better things

Dianne,
It sounds as tho you're having a good week! Have fun shopping with Alana. Jessa sounds sooo cute! I don't blame you for wanting her to visit.

I agree about the photo thing.....it'd be so cool to put faces to the names I've come to know and love....Es, Dianne, Zoe.. why not take advantage of Ruth's generous offer and send them to her!

later,
~Jen
Old 04-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #57  

Morning everyone, Happy Good Friday!!

I would be happy to post everyone's photo. Just email me when you are ready for my snail mail addy. My email is [email protected].

I plan on posting photos of my weight loss also, if you girls are interested. I thought I'd post when I've lost 20 lbs.

JEN & ES, good luck with the Dr's appointments.

DIANE, Jessa sounds so cute. How old is she now? Shopping sounds like fun, I haven't been shopping for new clothes in a while. Maybe in a few months.

Well I better run, I've got a classmate coming over to work on a project together. She should be here soon, she's just 25 minutes late!! LOL

Ruth
Old 04-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #58  

Dianne,
Jessa sounds so adorable. I wish I had a baby that I could visit. My nephew is 3000 miles away

ZOe,
Honey, I know what you are going through. If you remember I went through it about 6 months ago. I chose to have the lump removed and it turned out to benign. My prayers are with you!!!
Hi everybody,
I was very not OP yesterday. With the stressing about ,my FIL and the fact that I had to go to SF (wonderful resteraunts) I totally let go yesterday. But as we always say, today is another day.

I will be on vacation for the next week so I won't be posting. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter....
He is Risen!!!

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 04-18-2003, 04:44 PM   #59  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
Enjoy your vacation, we'll miss you!

The podiatrist I went to is absolutely gorgeous! didn't expect that! He said that it's not a neuroma after all, but at one point or another I had fractured a metatarsal bone in my foot ...go figure, only I could have done so and not known it! As it healed, the bones didn't align correctly, which is causing the painful lump. He gave me a padded insole type thing for my shoe, and I go back in 2 weeks. It may do the trick, the pain may go away, and that's that. If not, it can be surgically corrected Let's keep our fingers crossed that the pad works

later,
~Jen
Old 04-18-2003, 06:53 PM   #60  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday my friends ~

thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement. Yes, you've all reminded me of similar experiences and I am reminded of how I prayed for you too and how I wanted you to be calm and just get through it. Well, good or bad, I've come to realize that I cannot sit and worry about things that I have no control of. I feel better but of course, won't be 100% until I go on Tuesday. But again, thank you all for being such wonderful friends. I love you all and don't know what I'd do without you's guys.

Ruth ~ what a great photo! I would love to see everyone, to know who I'm talking to and who is talking to me. I don't think I've seen anyone here. Do you want us to just email you a photo?

Jen ~ I hope your foot is feeling okay and that you'll be good as new. My fingers are crossed for you.

Terri ~ thank you!!

Es ~ I know what you're saying. Here I am, this STRONG Christian, filled with Gods love and spirit.....but as soon as something goes in a different direction, WHAM! I let the devil steal my joy and peace. <sigh> No, I will NOT let the enemy get to me. thank you!

Dianne ~ How was your shopping with Alana? I love to shop but haven't been in the mood. Can't wait to get going again. thank you again for your words.

Janie ~ yes, I do remember your time with this. And I know that this can be nothing. Nothing was felt, just something on the mammogram. Is there a such thing as "calcification"?? I think (can you believe that I can't remember????) I heard that word from the nurse on the phone. I must have been in a fog with all she said. Anyway, thanks for your kindness.

Well, I need to run. Have a wonderful Good Friday Evening and a joyous Easter.

He is Risen, He is Risen, and He lives, forever more.

Love you all,
Zoe and Patti <><
Closed Thread