Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:49 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous 40's and then some.......#138

Hi gang

I took the hint and started a new thread since we were on page 6. I loved the "error" that was made with the name so I hope y'all don't mind that I kept it.

I'll be back later to talk to you's guys. I have to clean up the kitchen now.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:02 AM   #2  

Morning, yeah, it's hump day the week is almost over. OOPS, well, maybe not so good for me, my procrastination with school work is catching up to me FAST!! Now I have to finish a speech and write an English paper. This semester is going down the tubes fast!! I've got to do better than this.

On a brighter note, I'm still OP and I'm still walking everday. As soon as hubby and grandson are out of the house this morning I'll get on the treadmill.

I made the best muffins yesterday, if you like pineapple. Mix 1 box Angel Food cake mix and 1 can of 20 oz. crushed pineapple. Make 24 muffins for 1 PT each. They are so delicious. VERY SWEET.

Maurice is changing jobs again. Oct. 2001 he quit the job that he had had for 14 years because the pay was really bad. In the beginning the company was owned by an individual, Maurice was making okay, plus he had lots of perks. Then a large corporation bought the company, Maurices pay dropped by almost $10,000 the first year, plus he lost his perks such as a company truck to drive to and from work. So, 17 months later, they have offered him $6000 more a year to come back, a $2000 raise the first month he gets the shop to perform at a $30% profit and a monthly bonus ranging from 20% to 30% of his base pay if the shop is performing at 20% - 25% profit. That could be an additional $600 - $900 bonus per month. They really sweetened the pot to have him come back. Car sales is so unstable, now I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I can pay the bills on time.

Well, I better run, hope everyone is doing great. ES, hang in there, journaling can be hard at times. That is why I love doing this online, I'm always sitting at the computer anyway.

ZOE, hasn't the weather been beautiful. I've been walking outside since Saturday.

DONNA, sounds like you are most likely pre menapausal. Hope you are feeling okay.

JEN, how's the week going so far?

Talk to you girls later.

Ruth
Old 03-12-2003, 08:34 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Wednesday Morning!

What a beautiful morning it is here in Texas. I couldn't believe how warm if felt at 5am when I went out on the front lawn for the paper. It's supposed to be in the 70's all through the weekend so I'm really happy about that. I think it's almost time to start tanning. I usually go for just about 6 weeks, just to get a start on some color. After that, I let the natural sun take over. I am not one to lay out in the sun....YUK!

Ruth ~ yes, the weather has been gorgous! I think I will be getting some walking in this week too. The weather is just too beautiful not to. Oh, and I have that muffin recipe from WW and love 'em too.

Donna ~ hope you're feeling better.

Greg will be home tonight, around 9pm. He's been in Peoria since yesterday a.m. I think this is the last trip for awhile. He wants to start doing the Atkin's diet tomorrow so I will be going to the grocery store after work today so I can get some supplies for him. It gets difficult to cook for 2 completely different diet plans but I try.

Well, gotta run to work. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone and I'll talk to you's all later.

Me <><
Old 03-12-2003, 08:42 AM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks, Zoe, for starting the new thread You haven't mentioned the new house...did you close on it?

Ruth, you'll do fine with your school work....we women work great under pressure, don't you think? What temp and how long to bake those muffins? They sound good, especially at only a point apiece! Glad your hubby's job is more stable now, it's awful to have to worry about money.

Es, I've been meaning to ask, how's your brother's gym doing? Have you been going there on the weekends? I need to step up the exercising...walking alone isn't firming me the way I need it. I've only occasionally been using the handweights for toning, and need to concentrate on that. Bathing suit season is coming!

I'm struggling big time this week, OP all day and losing it at night.

Today I'm cleaning house and Joey's coming over for dinner. We're having 15 people over for our annual St. Pat's dinner on Saturday; 13 of them are spending the night My family is crazy.

have a great day,
luv,
~Jen
Old 03-12-2003, 05:28 PM   #5  

Angry

Hi Girls,

Jen, my brother is doing very well with his gym. I haven't been going by as much. He's always asking me when I'm going there to workout but something always gets in the way. When I first started with the points system I had no problem writing everything down. I start off fine but after lunch it's all downhill. I don't even want to think about bathsuits. Oh well<sigh> I won't give up. Are you doing all the cooking Saturday?

Wintery mix for tomorrow. Two Thursdays in a row. We're getting warm weather soon. That's when I'm going to start walking outside.

Zoe, Greg really likes the Atkins diet. So many people love it. A long time ago I tried it for one day & couldn't handle it. I'll stick with WW.

Ruth, those muffins sound good.

Hi Donna, Terri, Dianne, Sandy & Janie. I feel like I missed somebody. Hope not.

Have a nice evening

Love,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 03-12-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:37 PM   #6  

Hi ladies. Just a quick post to let you know all about my day today and how I'll be just so happy when it's over.

Started out with my dh's car not working so had to take him to work. No big deal.

Met with a friend who was selling Reliv products and I bought some paid too much for. Ran late after talking so much with them I was supposed to be home by 12 to be there when the wrecker came to tow off the car. Well, made it home at 12:30.. No problem, they hadn't come yet.

Message was left by the doctors office saying that my test results came back normal. No sign of menopause. So.. they wanted me to have a uterus ultra sound in the morning.. please call them. So, I did.... they aren't back into the office till 2:00.

I had to talk to them because they didn't know I had started my cycle and it has been horrible. I finally get them and now the doctor wants me to have it when I'm finished with this period. Last year it was discovered of some tumors on my ovaries and in the uterus. I was told they need to make sure that is not problem. I was told then that it was benign. So... my emotions are up and down and I'm ready for the ride to stop I want to get off now.

Sorry this post is all about me. I just needed to vent really bad! I hope you all don't mind.

More happened today but don't want to go into it all. I'll talk to you all later.

OH! BTW... it was only my dh's battery that was the problem!!! WHEW!

BTW.... JEN hang int here you can do this!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:31 PM   #7  

Just a quick note before I get back to writing this speech for tomorrow. I think I got about half of it done. I'm going to be so tired in the morning!!

The muffins are wonderful. I cooked them on 350 degrees until they were brown, about 18 minutes are so. I made the devil food cake with diet vanilla coke this afternoon. They are wonderful also, but I imagine it will be a while before I make them again. I've probably had about 8 points in muffins TODAY!!I know I went over, have to do better tomorrow.

DONNA, you had a hectic day today. Hope everything is calmed down by now.

JEN, we may work well under pressure, but it sure does put stress on us. You know, the whole time I'm putting this speech together, I'm sitting here going, if I would have done this yesterday I'd be finished!! But, this is a problem that only I can solve. I'm hoping that with hubby having steady income I won't be as stressed and depressed and I'll start doing better in school.

ES, hope your weather warms up soon.

Back to work for me, til tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 03-13-2003, 10:40 AM   #8  

Morning guys:

Wow, Es, I was expecting such a miserable, wet, snowy, cold commute to work and was pleasantly surprised at no rain, no snow and kinda warm compared to the past couple of days. Maybe the snow is gonna hit tonight???

Ruth - Great job on your 3(.?) loss! Sorry, I can't remember the points part Way to go girl. Sorry about all the school stress though - hang in there, it will be over before you know it.

Jen - OMG, did you say 17 people for dinner and 13 staying over??? Holy moly! I thought it was rough having the 3 teenage boys over. We actually had a good time with them. Went to dinner and then to the Queen Latifah movie - it was pretty funny. Especially to see Steve Martin in one of the "hood" outfits and dancing to hip-hop music.

Janie - Sorry to hear you were having some problems and hope you're doing better. Stress can do awful things to our minds and bodies. There's so much stress around the university lately, people are getting on each other's nerves! Take care.

Donna - Wow, speaking of stressful you really had one stressful day. Hope things go okay with the doctor.

Hey ZoeGirl - Sounds like you're having really great weather. OMG, to us in NY right now, 20 is warm I don't feel like we'll ever get back to 70! Let us know how Greg does on the Atkins diet, I don't know too much about that diet, is that the one where you eat lots of meat and protein?

Hi Terri - how is everyone in your little gang doing?

Hi Sandy - How's it going?

Hey can someone tell me where to get that muffin receipe? Sounds really good, I'm not a baker so I would need step by step instructions

Well, today's WI at work - don't think I'll do well, since I can't really say I've been on-program these past 2 weeks, but I'll go anyway. Heck, I did pre-pay so may as well show up. Still waiting for the "click"

Talk to you's later!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 03-13-2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #9  

Donna,
I do hope that you are ok. I know I am having pre-menapause symptoms but my blood test always come out normal too.

Dianne,
Thanks for the kind words. I am somewhat better this week, but every day I have to force myself to go to work.

Ruth,
COngrats on Maurice's New/Old job I know what you mean about having steady income. My income is the steady income of the houshold, and Steve's is always jumping around. He teaches part time and consults on the side. The consulting work is always feast or famine.

Jen,
I love corned beef. We made it camping in the Dutch oven on the fire one year. I thought there would be leftovers for sandwiches the next day. The hungry masses ate it all the first night. Just out of curiosity, where do you put 13 overnight guests?

Terri,
How is my WW inspiration? You are always so good at maintenance. Me I loose and regain and reloose and regain. I think I am in the reloose phase right now, however, I WI this morning and stayed the same.

Es,
I was surprised to hear that you're not exercising that much. You have always been my exercise buddy. I still try to do some exercise everyday (except SUnday) either walking, biking, aerobics, kickboxing or treadmill. BTW when does the challenge end? I don't think I am going to loose 10 lb in 10 weeks but I do think that there will be a net loss at least.

Sandy,
How's that actor son of your's. My little actress has decided not to do summer theater camp this year. I think she wants to stay with her friends this summer.

Zoe,
ENjoy that gorgeous weather. We are supposed to have rain for the next 5 days :

I hope I didn't miss anyone!
Hugs,
JanieD
Old 03-13-2003, 02:34 PM   #10  

Hi all!!!!
I am back. Man, I have been so busy. 3 dentist appt. in the last three days. Bruce's was today. He is the one who needs drugs. Very phobic. We had to go to the next town and I stayed for 4 hours. I had to drive. I hope to catch up in the next few days.
I hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to anyone who has good news.

TTYL,
Old 03-13-2003, 03:54 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
Your commitment to exercising every day is great. You're probably going to post a loss for the Challenge. As long as we don't give up on it, right?

Dianne,
Good for you, going to the WW meeting! I skipped weigh in this week and feel guilty now. I'll post it on Monday after this hellish-week. I know I'm in for a gain, just how big is yet to be determined That Steve Martin movie looks funny. Hope the situation at your job has become less stressful for you.

Es,
Glad Tony's gym is doing well. I'm glad I didn't go bragging about hearing the click, cause whatever it was is gone! I've got to start all over again. Since I've paid for the Online and love it, I'm sticking with it.

Terri,
Was starting to get worried that you were MIA ! I can understand Bruce's fear of the dentist. Hope it all went okay. I was in Tuesday for a cleaning and still got nervous. Why is it we hate dentists so?

Ruth,
Hope you're caught up with your homework. Thanks for the info about the muffins...I'll be making them next week for sure.

Donna,
I had fibroids and very painful periods...put off getting treated, but finally ended up having a hysterectomy. Please don't neglect it! It does become more painful and dangerous if let gone untreated. Hope you're ok.

Dinner on Saturday is simple, corned beef, along with potatoes, cabbage and carrots. I cook the beef the night before, and slice it all so there's no mess on the day of. This year I bought about 12 lbs...Each year I think I've made too much beef, but we never seem to have leftovers to speak of. My SIL brings the breads, Jess the apple pies, my niece the scones and jello shots
Of the overnight guests, 4 are under the age of 8, so it's fun for them to camp out on the floor. Now that we've got the guest room, and the computer room (with an air-type bed), there's beds enough for 4 adults. The others are on couches or the floors Joe and I keep our king-size bed for ourselves It really is fun, I'd rather see everyone here safe and sound than being out driving after partying.

Ok, I'm writing a book here so I'll go. Sorry if I missed anyone. HI to Sandy and Zoe!

~Jen
Old 03-13-2003, 04:34 PM   #12  

Hey Jen:

I'm glad I went to the ww meeting too - through some miracle, I actually lost 2 lbs I couldn't believe it. But I'll take it.

Gotta run, just wanted to pop in with some good news for a change!

See ya's later, hugs,
Dianne
Old 03-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #13  

Exclamation

Janie, I meant I haven't been by my brother's gym not that I haven't been exercising as much. I always manage that. If I didn't exercise I would be much heavier. The most I'll go without exercising is 2 days, that's it. I always do my treadmill then weights, or my firm tapes. I'm really proud of you! I don't think I'll lose 10 either but I'm not going to stress over it. Not anymore. One day at a time.

Jen, so funny about the click Saturday sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. BTW Points Lady is gaining weight. I have an Aero Bed. I bought it for myself. When I can't take Pete's snoring it comes in handy.

Amiga, we're getting some snow as I speak/type. My drive home from work was sleet. WTG with your loss. The Atkins Diet is fat & protein. Not for me.

Donna, sorry to hear you had such a horrible day. I hope today was better.

Ruth, if you get a chance to exercise you can burn off those muffins,

Terri, I can't wait till you're not so busy so you can come back to us.

Gotta watch Dr. Phil.

Have a nice evening buddies.

Love,
Es
Old 03-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne...WEIGH TO GO!!!!! 2 pounds is great, keep it up!

Hey, Terri, we have a quarterback! Kordell Stewart signed today with the Bears. While everyone in Chicago is happy about getting a "name", I haven't heard why he left the Steelers?
Survivor tonight! enjoy...

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-13-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:51 PM   #15  

JEN, you must be a Survivor fan also. I watch every week and if there is something else on that I want to watch, well one of the other gets taped!

I am now caught up on school work. However, I need to start studying!! I made a low B on my speech today. She scolded me for looking at my notecards!! That's what I get for finish it at 1:30 am this morning, I didn't have time to practice. I got my English paper written in the 45 minutes between classes today.

DIANNE, so proud of YOU!! Keep up the good work.

ES, my walking partner is unavailable at the moment so I'm sitting here trying to talk myself into getting on the treadmill!! I'll let you know if I succeed! LOL

Hello to everyone else, gotta run.

Ruth
Closed Thread