Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 09:41 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Happy Monday!

Starting the thread, be back in a minute to post something completely inspiring!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good morning all you wonderful ladies! I am so happy to be back home and getting back in to my daily routines. I am off of work this week, so hopefully that means that I'll get lots done around the house! The key word is hopefully, though, because little Aaron often has many other plans for me...

I did the 3 miles Walk Offf the Pounds DVD this morning, and on the third straight day (with no missing days in between ) of doing it, I'm starting to feel really good. My energy level is up, even with lack of sleep, my endorphins have kicked in, and even after a spat with my hubby this morning (he can be a total princess about getting his sleep and was balking at holding Aaron for 30 minutes so I could take a shower and wash the workout sweat off me) I can still take on the world.

I have kind of a strange situation happening, and I need to just sound off about it...hope you girls don't mind listening (well, reading) and giving a little bit of advice. I am fairly new to the town I live in (been here 1 year and 3 months) and I have made 3-4 friends in that time that I am comfy calling and asking if they want to do something. One of those friends (Amy) is a member of this group of 12 girls that does something together 3-4 nights a week, and every weekend someone has a party or they all go out together with their spouses. Never been invited to anything that the whole group goes to, and I'm not sure I want to, as it all seems rather clique-y to me. Last September I met another person who was new to our town (Michelle) and she and I and Amy hung out together quite a few times. Michelle and I got to be pretty good friends and we even discussed that group of friends and how one of the girls was always completely snotty to us. Well, I got a phone call last night from one of the members of that group (Katie) who I am friendly with but not a close friend. She invites me to lunch today, and I say sure. Then she starts talking about all of the coffees that the group has that Michelle has been coming to and how they are all going to a movie together tomorrow night, etc. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I don't really even want to do these things with these people as a group, but I am wondering if I should feel blown off because I feel like they are making it a point to let me know that they do these things and I'm not included. Or should I just assume they are that thoughtless? And as far as Michelle goes, I wonder if she has changed her mind about these girls, or what? I'm not jealous that she's got new friends, but I am worried that she will become a member of this group and we won't hang out any more. So there's my angst. I have to learn to let go and say that what will be will be, but that's so hard when you're talking half of your friends in a new town ( 2 outta four...wow, I'm kind of pathetic there. ). Small towns are really tough to break into, because everyone has always been friends and you're this new person, so I just have to accept that and move on. The only thing is, there aren't many more women my age in town, so that is making me a bit anxious. So tell me what you think of all that, if you have time!

Sorry this is so long...just had to get that off my mind. Looking forward to reading all of your posts today!

Last edited by aaronsmom; 03-10-2003 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:28 AM   #3  
Andrew

Hi Jayne-I can understand your feelings about being the newcomer. I have lived here for 15 years and I am still the newcomer. I live in a small town where my husband grew up. I met him in '87 when he was in the process of a divorce from a local girl who was his high school sweetheart. I'm not sure what you've heard about people from Maine (it's all true!!) but they don't take too kindly to strangers and they really don't take too kindly to flat-landers (I was born and raised in Michigan, which is flat-hence the name flatlander) or out-of-staters. The girls around here have known each other forever and I still don't quite fit in.

The next time they say they are getting together you can say, "That sounds like fun." Maybe then they will get the hint to invite you. As far as your friend Michelle-sometimes you feel like it is beat 'em or join 'em and maybe she decided to join them. You might find they're not that bad. Any group that big is going to have a few snots in it. If you don't let yourself get too entrenched in all the gossip and backstabbibg you might have a **** of a good time. I wish you good luck in whatever you decide.

I have had a great OP week. After gaining 4 lbs at my last WI I have really stuck with it. I'm off today. Babysitting my cute little niece. My son is home fake-sick (though I can't prove it) and I am as usual just trying to catch up on the laundry. Have a good day.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:06 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Jayne - Wow that is weird. I've had stuff like that happen to me and it turned out that the friends who invited my other friends out but not me were really tlaking about me behind my back and stuff like that. But who knows, this may not be the situation with you and maybe they just don't think you would like to hang out in a big group. Either way, don't stress because you're not really interested anyway.

Robin - Enjoy your day off!

I'm doing well. Styaed OP all week, went to the gym Sat. and Sun and going this afternoon. Let's hope I can keep it up!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:23 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Just wanted to say HI from the PG woman who is eating all the time now. Woooweeee I am getting close. Tonight we have a Lamaze refresher class. Work is still sucky. And Emma had an ear infection on Friday so I had to lug her to the doctor. It is so hard for me to carry her now, and even harder when she is sick.

That's it for me.
Closed Thread