Old 03-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Monday Turtles!

Last work week before March Break! (Will probably do paperwork Mon & Tues) officially the office is closed! My sons' and I are going away for a night 2 days, somewhere, we will wait to see the weather, and book a room a few days before. We are fairly close to many places so there are lots of options, if the weather is bad we can even check in to the local Holiday Inn, swim, and stuff!

So not a bad weekend went by too quick, did go swimming Sat, so a bit of exercise,Rain Sat and then Sunday we woke to lots of snow! Had a lazy day Sunday.

Aquafit tonight must stay on plan!!!! Goal for the week track everthing that goes near my mouth!!!!

Have a great day
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday. Super busy this morning but I wanted to pop by and say hello to you all. I will get back online later on to catch up. Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Yep, I'm still here and tracking and almost every day!
Here's : to all of us. We can do this!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Freezing cold up here today after the big rains on Sat we got some more snow but now very sunny.

My ex is coming home today & will be there when I get home from work.
So I got a room as patient friendly as possible for him. They gave him a patch yesterday for the no smoking thing & that is taking the edge off abit.
He was pretty grouchy when I seen him between not smoking & the pain.
So I will have company this week at the house.

I was up at my weigh in Thurs by 1.75# and I knew I would be up but was hoping for not that much. But as we know, some of us stress eat & I had too
many extras last week.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone & congrats to all of you who dropped at the scales. Princess, you did great! Hope you have another fabulous week.

Have a good week, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Morning Turtles - The weather is changing just as predicted I am hoping the snow holds off till after I leave this afternoon to visit my Mom.

I went to my WI today as I won't be here tomorrow and was down 2.2 pounds to 190.8!

So - I've learned that when I work the program it really does work! Picked up some extra trackers - I want to be over my 5% and 10 pounds at my WI when I return from the trip.

So - need to finish packing and putting together some healthy snacks for the plane! I'll touch base tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!

Lizzie

Last edited by FetchLizzie; 03-07-2011 at 12:34 PM.
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #21  
Chick

Dear Lizzie, :
Weigh to go! You're doing great.

Princess, hi!

Bandit, : to you with your ex in the house this week. Stress eating is a bummer, but with me I can often knock it off the next week. Sometimes it's the salt that plays havoc with the scale especially if I'd had to have several meals out that week. to you.

Life4evr, congrats on your small gain. It's weird sometimes that we do much better than we ever thought we'd do. Accountability at the scale is a very good thing.

Gotta run. Just got back from a walk on the boardwalk. It's usually only 1 1/2miles, but today we had to take a detour because of the high winds and it ended up being 2 miles in freezing cold, windy weather. I think I must have burned extra calories doing that walk today. At least it's sunny out.
Got good groceries in and will have to bulk up my meals with protein and salads because I have been starving lately!

Good luck and : to us all. We are doing this? Aunt Loopy, I hope you're ready to chime in and let us know how your busy weekend went.

Cherry, how are you and your family doing?
Have fun,
Judy
234.6/191.4/180's and thinner
Old 03-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #22  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! Sorry for the longer-than-usual absence. The last time that I was online was last Thursday. I'd just come home from work early after fainting while getting my annual lupus blood draw -- 14 vials, taken one at a time with much wiggling of the catheter and loud exclamations of confusion by the facility's phlebotomists who'd never seen such a test panel before. I made it home, checked my e-mail, then headed for the bathroom to catch up on my reading. There were a bunch of water company guys down at the end of the road, poking around in a manhole.

A few minutes later, I felt a hot wind on my sensitive areas, and stood up a split second before a fiery explosion blew the commode right off its moorings! I was knocked into the wall, broke the towel rack with my back, got chemical and flame burns on my face, and received a mild concussion.

I eventually roused myself enough to call my husband, who found me down at the bottom of the road, wearing a bag of frozen veggies on my head and screeching at the water company executive who had just arrived on the scene.

We were told that we would be reimbursed for the ER and a night's stay at a motel, and that employees would repair our bathroom and the pipes leading to our fixtures on the next morning. Neither of which actually happened. After spending all day Friday walking down to the Exxon station to use the facilities, I finally drove to the hardware store, bought a new wax seal for the commode, borrowed my friend's plumbing snake, and made enough repairs to hold us for the weekend. We still haven't seen the promised repairmen, and the supervisor isn't returning our calls about the financial issues.

Anyways, it was business as usual at church and chaplaincies on Sunday; I look like a lobster, and I walk funny (I have reinjured an old vertebral fracture from my girly football days), but I'm still getting 'er done. We survived The Great Sewer Explosion of 2011 -- and we weren't the only ones who came home that night to a bathroom in ruins. I'm seriously thinking about making T-shirts for all the neighbors.

And I am probably taking things to an unnecessary extreme -- but I made a point of staying on the WW program during the event and its aftermath, even while the water and cooking gas had been shut off at our end of the road. As we prepared to leave our home for the motel, I put together a basket of healthy foods and my books and calculator. When we got home, we ate microwaved stuff, drank and flushed from my stash of emergency water supplies, for two days until the services were restored.

I hadn't lost a lot of weight in the week before -- I think that my body has adjusted to the program and is no longer willing to give up more than a perfectly acceptable half-pound per week.. But neither did I have to get back on the "horse" after my most excellent adventures. It's easier to stay in the saddle than to mount up again after falling off. I felt comforted by the discipline of taking my scales and measuring tools with me, and tracking my restaurant take-out meals while at the motel.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #23  
Chick

Aunt Loopy,
There is absolutely nothing I can say about your resolve about staying on WW's through your adventure!!!!!! You are blessed and amazing. i've got to read your post again. Weigh to go.
Love,
Judy
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Aunt Loopy,

Wow. I am glad you are okay because that suitation could have been alot worse. And no words for you staying on the program through this.

Congrats on the loss Lizzie.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Today has been pretty good for me. I still haven't exercised but I am tracking again. So that is a plus. Hmm I am trying to pack for my trip to Tx on Wed trying to put everything in a carryon. I have no interest in paying to check a bag. My friend mentioned if I needed her to get anything from grocery store she would. But I know her and she doesn't have a lot of junk food in her house. So that is a good thing. I am a little nervous about flying. I haven't flown in awhile and never by myself.

Hope everyone has a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Aunt Loopy have you thought about writing a book of your adventures??? It sure would be a good read!!

Bandit good luck with your house guest. You must be a great person!!

Judy I have been ++ hungry of late too, whats with that? Trying to drink more water and eat more fruits veggies. You are right about the protein that should help also.

Went to my aquafit last night new session started way too many people in the pool hopefully the instructor scared a few off!!! She ran a real tough class. I would be nice if they added another weeknight class, there is only that one and 2 deepwater classes at night. Oh well!

Have a happy on plan Tuesday gals!
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning all and happy Tuesday to you all! They are calling for more rain here starting tonight, a lot of it - ugh, oh well, Spring is on the way and the rain that comes with it is to be expected I guess.

Eating for me over the weekend was terrible, don't know what happened, it just fell apart with the DH b-day celebration, etc... moving on but am sure I will pay at the scales. Still taking the steps here at work and a walk at lunch, will have to work on the weekend though as that is not going to get me where I want to go!

Judy: Love that you get to walk on the boardwalk, sure brings back fond memories for me when we would get to the beach.

Bandit: Yep, you are a gem! Putting up with the ex-hub's is not easy but especially when he is quitting smoking. My DH is trying it again also, put his patch on yesterday, will see who it goes, but for now I will just lay low and stay out of his way

Life: I sure hope you have a great trip and a wonderful time seeing your friend!

Terri: I like Aquafit too, have not been in a while but need to get started going to the gym again soon.

Lizzie: Congrats! That is just awesome!

Loopy: Wow... Wow... not sure what else to say really. So very happy that you were not seriously hurt and best wishes for a speedy recovery on the injuries that you did sustain. Writing a book is not a bad idea at all... maybe like Erma Bombeck style would be great!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #27  

Happy Tuesday Turtles! Made it to my Mom's last night - plane was delayed for a bit -so it was good to get here.

Loopy - sorry about ur plumbing troubles - you really should write a book - from your wonderful posts - you could be the new Erma Bombeck!

Life - I made it here with one carryon! it is crazy that not even one bag cannot be checked for free! I always follow the rule of deciding what I am going to pack & leave 1/2 of it behind! Also - remember you can check in online & print your boarding passes/pick seats etc - saves time at airport! & don't forget your liquids in the carryon have to be in the quart plastic bag & easy on/off shoes for security!

Terri - great job on the aqua fit - I wish my gym had a pool!

Bandit - it's refreshing how you treat your ex! He is blessed to have you!

Judy - getting in the right foods always helps me.

Princess - just put the weekend behind you - today is a new day!

Have a great day everyone!

Lizzie
Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #28  

Forgot a couple of things from my meeting yesterday that I wanted to share!

Our leader talked about using WP - she said it is best to incorporate some (if not all) into the week. She said that the points are there for a reason & also are really important as we get closer to goal! So "treat yourself some"

The other cool thing was a "quote" from another member -

"remember that when you think the plan or goal is impossible - that

I'm possible!"

Lizzie
Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi turtles! I just wanted to jump in and say so far everyone is off to a steady start.
Aunt Loopy you do make us all chuckle, I think everyone needs to laugh more it is great exercise---wonder if I can earn points for that?
I am having a challenging month it started actually in Feb I had a lower tooth pulled on a Wed by Saturday I had developed a sinus infection. Needless to say pain meds and antibiotics for next week. But then the pain in my jaw was not going away I could barely open my mouth and could not put my front teeth together to bite. Went back to the dentist he told me that the disk between the jaw and skull has slipped forward and every time I try to open my mouth to eat or talk I am pinching it. So he tried me on 600mg iburprofen for a week and there was some minor relief but still can not bite...I even tried to put a puffy cheeto in my mouth last night and it was too big.

Anyway to make a long story shorter..I am now starting on a regime of muscle relaxer and tranq to try and get the muscle to relax so the disk will slide back.

my challenge is finding foods I can eat with minimal chewing and still stay on plan....unless the veggies are real soft they are out, the only fruit I have been able to do is a cut up bannana and a strawberry smoothie. protien is down to beans one at a time....any suggestions?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #30  

All or your posts were encouraging and fun to read. Things have been so up in the air that i just about have given up on any kind of a plan. Despite it all i have not really gained any weight and am basically holding at the same number.

Hi to all. Thanks for those you have asked about me. The kids are all sick again and i am doing my best just to keep moving forward.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote