Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi TUrtles,
Well, my ds and grandchildren arrived last night in time for dinner. They wanted Chinese takeout, so this is what I did: I ordered chicken egg drop soup and broccoli and beef (hold the sauce). I put half the beef and broccoli into half serving of soup-----and holy moly-----it was great! It was filling and low points. I had a few snibbles of the other things they ordered, but this was a good choice for me. Today I started my day off with tea and 1/2banana instead of toast and I'm still full. I'll have my real breakfast around ten o'clock. Gotta run because dgrandchildren are looking for attention, but today should be a better day!
Terri, thanks for the tips. I'm going to make a nice, big salad right now so it will be ready for me for dinner.

Here's and for all our efforts. And yes, sometimes we're not perfect, but we keep coming back----or never go away which is even better!!!!! LOL
Love,
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! It is a rainy icky day here today and they are calling for bad weather to come in tonight with low temps and snow and more ice... Spring will be here soon, spring will be here soon, spring will be here soon...

I have my TOPS meeting and W/I tonight, I expect nothing at all because I have not worked for anything this week... food has not been too bad but it could have been a lot better and I could have exercised but did not... all totally within my control... I am feeling very angry with myself but that may be a very good thing! Time to get my butt in gear and get moving!

Have to run!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #33  
Chick

Hey Princess, I hear you. Usually when I get down about WW's and my efforts, I almost give up------and then I get angry and then I get going! The get going is when I write everything down, exercise, plan and prepare and lose weight!!!!!! Yay!

Good luck to you.........and of course to all the Turtles.
Love,
Judy
Old 02-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good day. Just wanted to drop in real quick. I am about to lay it down for the night.

I am still here. I won the fast food fight kinda. I ended up hitting up Subway and I realized I have been eating too much salt lately. Other than that just kind of floating along not really following the program.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! It is a very snowy and super cold day here... trying to get into work this morning was aweful but I made it.

Went to TOPS last night was down .4 lbs which is still way up from my last WW W/I weight but at least it was down. They are in need of new officers at our TOPS location, I guess it is time for elections or something like that... they are really pushing to have the newer people take a turn at it. I may agree to be the secretary or something like that but I am not going to be the president, no way - no how! I agreed to lead one of the upcoming meets to give the leader a break but would not want to do that on a regular basis, I just have too much going on to be effective at it.

Very busy weekend ahead for me so I will not be on the computer much but hope that everyone has a good one and stay warm and safe!

Judy: I know what you mean, ugh, it gets frustrating but we can figure it out! hope you have a great time with your family!

Bandit: I have found a place here that does beginners hot yoga, thinking about trying it, will let you know! Anything going on this weekend?

Life: Hang in there, many of us are struggling right now.

Loopy: Im sure you have a busy weekend ahead so take care and travel safe!

Lizzy: How are you doing? Anything new out your way?

Cherry: How is the moving coming along?

Terri: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #36  
Chick

Hi guys,
I'm doing a fast run through.
Princess, : any weight down is weight down! You'd be a great president, but you really have a million things going on now. Whew!

Having a great visit with my ds and his younger children. His ds and my other grandson visited last night and the kids were up until after eleven o'clock! They had a great time.
Hey-----here's a tip from my WW friend, Grace, who has lost over 230#.
She puts spaghetti squash on her plate, then she tops that with pasta and sauce of one serving. It bulks up the amount of food (not points plus) and she's satisfied. I tried it last night with the baked ziti I served last night for dinner and along with a huge salad, I got through the meal without a huge number of points plus. Thought you'd like to know.
Rainy here----tonight we're celebrating my dd's with dinner here and a small mystery party. it should be great.
Have a lovely weekend!
Love,
Judy
Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #37  

Hi hope everyone had a good day. My eating today has been great. For once I was able to stay on plan. Which is something that I haven't been able to do recently. I also tried cooking my meals again. So today was pretty successful even without the gym trip. I actually have a weekend off for once. I don't know what I am going to do with myself.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Everyone! Up another .5 lb, discouraged but not giving up!!! Still having some back pain but keeping moving seems to be the best treatment. Will try aquafit today. Haven't been tracking that is a big problem for me, must get back an the straight and narrow!!!! Focus!

Winter has to be over soon! Damp and cold here, suppose to rain Monday! We need sunshine!!!
No weekend plans husband has been working 7 days a week, which is good he is busy but not much fun. Trying to make some March break plans, do something for a few days younger son is 11, older son may take a few days off work and the 3 of us may go to Toronto or Niagara Falls for a few days. Husband is going to Nashville to a convention for 3-4 days so kind of jealous! His partner's wife will be visiting family in South Africa otherwise I am sure the wifes would have been invited. Would like to see Graceland, Grand Old Oprey. Oh well will have fun with the kids.

So have a great weekend
Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - busy weekend for me so didn't get a chance to be on computer.

I was up .25# at my tops Thurs evening which I kind of expected with the movie popcorn but still is disappointing to see the scales go up. So have
to behave this week.

Lots of snow yesterday & rain is on its way. Will be glad to put my shovel away this year.

My dd is home for the day and my ex will be visting with us as well. He has
a big operation next week that hopefully will go well. Double bypass on aorta
& in both legs. Will be good to get that behind us.

Just hung out with my girlfriends this weekend which was fun.

All - lets everyone have a great upcoming week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #40  

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I throughly enjoyed my weekend off.

Terri and Bandit I am the queen of the minor gains, but don't get discouraged. I have had plenty of them.

So today was my weigh in day. My work schedule was crazy last week and will have the check to prove it in a couple of weeks. So I spent a lot of time eating fast food and not exercising, since I was leaving my clients house exhausted and feeling like I had a major work out. So imagine my suprise when I weighed this morning and lost 2.2#. I was very shocked and had to step on the scale a couple of times to make sure. Needless to say the warning popped up about loosing weight the healthy way and stuff like that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a good week tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #41  

Girls March 1st. Tuesday lets get out of the Feb blahs! And make the scale move the right way!! DOWN! Have to get the mojo back, determination!
Trying to syke myself up, I am a good talker if only I would take my own advice!! It is not rocket science eat less (and properly) and move more! We need to make us the number one priority!

Lets have a fantastic week! Exercise, water, fruits, veggies, power foods!!!

Terri
Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #42  

Girls March 1st. Tuesday lets get out of the Feb blahs! And make the scale move the right way!! DOWN! Have to get the mojo back, determination!
Trying to syke myself up, I am a good talker if only I would take my own advice!! It is not rocket science eat less (and properly) and move more! We need to make us the number one priority!

Lets have a fantastic week! Exercise, water, fruits, veggies, power foods!!!

Terri-------------- don't know how I did this x2!!!

Last edited by terrod99; 02-28-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: posted x2
Old 02-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #43  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Yeah, let's do it! DH encouraged me to do the WW monthly pass in March, so I'm extra excited to get a look at the eTools.

So now I'm the chaplain of a second nursing home. Yikes! This one is quarantined for MRSA right now. Which was just dangerous enough to actually encourage me to sign on. The activities recruiter called to tell me this, and I was there within an hour, LOL! (So I am a retired firefighter -- I *LIKE* risks!)

So I'm running around like a lunatic, trying to rearrange my schedule. Carrying my goodie bag of bananas, shelf-stable milk, and Nutrigrain bars with me everywhere.

I've never exactly been a layabout (Dutchie farming ancestry and adult ADHD and lupus meet somewhere near the manic end of normal most days), but thanks to WW I'm running strong with no noticeable fatigue till evening. It's a real blessing.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #44  

Hey Gals! March 1 st. Looks like a lamb here, sunshine, not too cold.
Aunt Loopy I forgot about the etools must check them out. Let us know if there is anything worth checking out! It is so great that you have lost 13 pounds, I am inspired by your commitment!
I made the 1 point chocolate brownie muffins, pretty good all fibre. Very moist, the guys in my house weren't too thrilled! Ha!Ha!
Last night was then end of the winter session for classes at the Y, the instructor was very hard on us, which equalled to a great work out, you wouldn't think that you could sweat while in the pool but you can!!
So feeling pretty good today thought my legs muscles were going to be sore but so far so good. Will go to deep water aqua fit tonight haven't been to it for a few weeks.
So have a great day all!

Terri
Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #45  
Chick

Aunt Loopy,
Congrats on picking up another position!!!!! So glad being a WW'r allows you the energy to do this. : and on your terrific losses. You're doing great!

Hey Peanutt, how are you doing? Always like to hear from you.

Terri, nothing like a sunny day to get your spirits moving! We can do this. We are doing this! is so good for you.

Princess, hope you had a good weekend. How's that wonderful grandchild?

Bandit, here's : for the upcoming surgery for your ex. I'm sure there is stress involved in this for you, your dd, and him.

Cherry, are you moved yet? Here's a to keep you going.

Aliez, are you lurking? LOL. Here's : for you.

My weekend was great and then sad. MY dh and I had the best visit yet with my ds and his children while we celebrated the of our younger daughter. The kids are growing up and love to visit with us. I really like being around them and I like giving my ds a chance to regroup and catch up on his rest. He works very hard and I like giving him this gift.
My food was decent throughout the stay, but then on Sunday I got a bit of information that was emotionally difficult for me to handle and I had another mini binge. That's twice in two weeks, so I need to get on top of this and see what is the underlying cause. (ooooh----that's a lot of "movement" prepositions, sorry). In any case, my root canal wasn't done completely well and I needed to go back to the endontist to have him fix it. That's like having two root canals on the same tooth. Yuck. Now I hope to get the temp. cap put on tomorrow. I have a feeling this is way more than you need to know! My food was good yesterday. I used the recipe builder in the e-tools section of my WW membership to see what the soups pointed out to. These were the soups I assumed were all zero points since they are made with zero point plus ingredients. Noooooo--the soups were all 1-4 points plus a cup. I even pointed out the famous Garden Vegetable Soup and it pointed out to 1 Points Plus. I sent an e-mail to my leader to see what gives and I hope she can give us a clear sensible answer to this. As I see it, I have to use the recipe builder for each and every food item unless it is fruit or vegetable eaten raw without any additions. I tried these three items: apple, cinnamon, nutmeg------and got 2 Points Plus! I thought it would be zero points since there isn't any added sugar, etc. My leader said that because the fruit isn't as satisfying or crunchy there are points plus assigned to it.
Sorry to go on about this, but I'd really like to get this weight off and I don't want tiny glitches like taking in more Points Plus than I think I am because of misinterpretations of the new program to ruin a weight loss.

Okay---enough! Today is going to be a great day.
Judy
234.6/192?/180's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 03-01-2011 at 09:11 AM.