Thursday Chatters for January, 2011

You're on Page 6 of 14
Go to
  • morning all!

Tammy, I hope you are feeling better today

Mimi, hang in there, the pts will balance themselves out in the end.

maureen, I know what you mean about the candy.. I wouldn't be able to turn it down either! it's tough working in an office for sure. Lots of well meaning employees with their treats

farmgirl, no I've never heard of that dish at cracker barrel but it does sound like a dessert, lol.. that is how most dishes are at IHOP these days, such sweet items for breakfast which is tasty but leaves me needing some serious protein, LOL

Well my day is moving right along... busy busy. I'm counting down the hours until this week is over. During my lunch break I plan on riding my stationary bike for my exercise today...eating has been fantastic, I peeked at the scale this morning and that xmas/new years gain is starting to dissapear, yay! back on track and feeling good
  • Tammy - sooooo nice to see you!!!!

Jessica is feeling better today! I took the vicodin from her and told her to use advil or tylenol as needed! Her dad is coming over today so I'm taking a break!
    Got enough money saved to go buy 2 allergen purifiers today! Yay!I hope they work as well as the drs. say they do. One is going to be big enough for the downstairs living area (living room, dining room & kitchen) and the other one is just for the bedroom. Praying for relief!!!
    All this talk about hernia's & indigestion & stuff. Well.......you know how I have this terrible terrible constant cough, well, the dr. thinks it is in that line as well. I just started taking Nexium like 4 days ago. I do feel a little better and I "think" my cough is letting up and was instigated by the acid. hmmmm.

Marion - so exciting about the leslie sansone dvds and stuff you got!

Maureen - Yay on the loss! And YES YES I too am a chocoholic!!!!!! I LOVE IT! and if it is there I EAT IT!

Susan - Hi friend!!! How are you? How was getting back to work?

Tina - How was your ww meeting? Did you go?

Spryng & farmgirl - Hope you are having a great day! Thanks for keeping my sweet jessica in your thoughts!
  • Morning all!

jeanne, so glad to hear jessica is doing better and your cough as well! I too have had ulcers and stomach issues, I'm not currently taking anything, just watching the things I eat that aggravate it so far. Hopefully that will hold out

Well I didn't get in a workout yesterday, I was so tired for some reason.. so I'm listening to my body and took a day off from exercise but I did eat great, was 2 pts under for the day and that was suprising because at lunch yesterday I was unusually hungry so I had a smart ones (6 pts) and that didn't satisfy me so I rumaged through my pantry and found a can of tamales.. yep I ate the whole can! (11 pts) so lunch was 17 pts! so I had 7 left for dinner but I wasn't very hungry at dinner so a 5 pt quesadilla filled me up and got me through the night.. I was so worried I'd be too hungry at dinner and want to eat more than 7 pts so I had fruit ready for my backup if I ran out of pts but it didn't happen, yay! can I just say I LOVE this plan? LOL so very flexible for days like yesterday...
    my plan today is to do the jillian michael's 30 day shred dvd.. heard it's a killer so I guess I'll find out, LOL.. yak with ya'll later and TGIF!!
  • Hey Everyone!
    Just wanted to pop in an let you know about a great snack I just had. I think we need to share low point yummies we find to help each other out. I had sugar free jello brand live active milk chocolate bliss pudding. It was 2 pts. Then I added a serving of original Redi Whip on top and it was 0 pts. It really satisfied my choc craving for only 2 pts. I also bought some Swiss Miss diet hot choc. It's only 1 pt. Add some Redi Whip and what a great treat for 1 pt! Anyway, just thought I would let you know about my great find today! Let me know if you have a great snack idea. I'm cleaning house today so I have to get busy! TTYL
  • Afternoon all,
    It's beautiful here today. However, that Arctic front is headed our way and will be here Sunday night. Brrr....

Farmgirl, thank you for your snack ideas. I've never heard of that live active milk chocolate. I'm going to the store in awhile and will look for it. I'll also check on that Redi Whip. If it contains soybean oil, I'm not supposed to eat it while on this blood thinner. But, I'll check. 0 pts. is great!

• re: points
    I guess one of the main ideas of making the fruits 0 points is to encourage us to eat them for desserts and snacks.
    Does anyone know is the points are still zero if the fruit is cooked (such as a baked apple)?
    Jeanne acid reflux will definitely make you cough. I hope the nexium will work for you.
    Spryng I can relate to the devour the whole can problem. Are the WW frozen meals reasonably priced in your area? I checked them out when shopping today and they were almost $5 each I bought a Michelenas instead an almost identical product for half the price.
    Its one thing that really bugs me about WW. They really plug their own products. The first five minutes of the last few times I went were devoted to flogging their candy bars. BLEECH!!
  • Mimi, Our WW meals are usually on sale at one store or another. I found some that were 2 for $5.00. Not bad!
  • Mimi - oh my lordie!!!!! Wal-Mart here usually has them for $1.97 - $2.97 and I always have coupons. Ususally $3 off of 10. I don't buy them very often, hardly ever now that I don't work! I know that they are not all that good for ya, but.......they are easy!

farmgirl - mmmmm, I'm on it!!! Making it later today! Anything chocolate!

Well I have had two crappy days! Lazy & eating everything in my path! Urgh! I am having TOM. The first one in 3 months and it is horrible!

Heres to a better day............
  • Good morning all

Well I made through my first week back - it was busy which is the way I like it. Mimi, here in Gatineau at the Maxi(which is the Canadian Superstore) I could pick them up for about a little over $3 when they're on sale, but I honestly think there's too much fat and sodium in them(just my opinion). I usually just throw a sandwich together for lunch. Now that the WW bread has gone up in pts I just use regular bread for a pt more.
    Jeanne are you enjoying your time off? Take advantage of it while you can you're going to land another job before you know it.
    Tina, how are things your way? Have you been going to the gym? I've been trying to go walking and at work I try & go up & down the stairs at least 20 times minimum during the day but I haven't been on my treadmill for about a week. Mimi has inspired me to get back on today.
    Susan how's your Mom doing and how have you been?
    Spryng, I envy you're being able to work at home. My DIL does and has been for at least 2 years and really likes it. She has to go to the offices every so often for meetings but other than that she's very happy working where she does. She's in insurance-not sure exactly what she does.
    Tammy, you've been away so long I almost missed you!! Hope your feeling good and like everyone else has said, you take care of keeping up your strength and forget about the pounds coming off. I would be surprised if they don't anyway. I've heard a lot of people who've said that. If we'd just stop thinking about it it would happen(not sure if that made sense but you know what I mean I hope)
    Well, it's off to breakfast with my brothers(hopefully their wives) and one of my sisters(she wants me to take her shopping after). I've been really good this week(I'm on day 4 and still have all my bonus pts) so I think I'll be okay if I order French Toast.

have a fantastic Saturday and I'll be here later

maureen

PS according to my scale I'm down to 134.8 I can't believe it - that's 23 lbs since the first week of july-yeahhhhhhhhh
  • morning all!

Maureen, yes I feel very fortunate to be able to work from home. I used to have to go in for meetings etc but now that I am about 5 hrs from the nearest office they don't make me anymore, lol... which I like better, everything seems to be turning into a virtual world, we do everything through webinars and teleconfereces and of course email, I love it I do miss personal interaction with my work mates but we just do the best we can to stay connected.

Jeanne, hang in there! TOM will be gone soon and your eating will calm down, just weather this storm! I've had those months before.

Mimi, yeah smart ones varies in price here, I usually buy one of the three frozen brans (smart ones, healthy choice or lean cuisine) one is always on sale at our local walmart so I shuffle through them, this past week it just happened to be smart ones course I had to re-calculate all the pts on the box since they haven't switched to points plus yet but that is ok, I have my handy permanent marker in my kitchen and I mark everything

Tina, we have snow on the way for sunday as well, must be part of that cold front coming. How is your weekend going?

Farmgirl, great treat find!!!!

Well I weighed this morning and I'm down 1.6 lbs, yay!!! On my way to my 15 lbs loss goal for feb I did the jillian michael's 30 day shred yesterday and I must say I think I found my new favorite workout!! No crazy jumping around cardio stuff, just basic stuff we all know but a KILLER workout! I can't wait to do it again, it's also the first workout this week I've finished from beginning to end! I'm so proud of myself! But this morning, ohhhhhhh I'm sooo sore! from my shoulders to my calves..sigh.. hope I'm shrinking as we speak, LOL

Well today we are taking the kids to chuck e cheese for their great report cards, I already looked up the pizza info (5 pts per slice of large cheese or veggie pizza) so I'm prepared. I'm sure I'll be dipping into weekly pts as well for my wine today but that is all planned so no deviations. Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
  • I've also heard that there's too much sodiium in the WW Smart Ones meals. I mainly buy Lean Cuisine ones, when I do buy some.

Speaking of work-out dvds---does anyone remember the dvd that WW gave us one year? I still have mine and am ready to get it back out. It has easy, medium and difficult low impact aerobic workouts. I used to do it all the time. Since we moved, I found it!

Everyone have a good weekend.

• 6 points for a bowl of oatmeal with B sugar and milk vs.
    9 points for a bowl of cheerios all bran, sugar and milk
    I think I am starting to get it especially when the oatmeal keeps me full longer.
    I am enjoying the fruit too.

Here's a laugh I cooked some sweet potato in the microwave tonight and way overestimated the time and ended up with an apartment full of smoke and charcoal that at one time was sweet potato. Oh well I had a caesar salad instead. It still stinks in here
  • Mimi-I usually cook .5 cup oatmeal with 1 cup of water, sliced banana or apple with cinnamon for 2 minutes in the microwave-add .25 cup of skim milk for 4.5 pts-it's quite filling too. Like you say it's a pretty good program once we get the hang of it.

hope everyone had a great day. lot's of snow here but very mild

maureen
  • I,too, like those packets of instant oatmeal. The maple & brown sugar is my favorite.
    Another easy, fast breakfast is lite vanilla yogurt with a banana.
  • Morning all!

Tina, that is my favorite instant oatmeal as well, and I do something a little weird with mine, I cook an egg or two in it for extra protein, LOL.. it's not as gross as it sounds but the pkg of oatmeal alone won't get me to lunch but with the egg cooked in it will

Mimi, has the smell left the house yet? Boy have I had some microwave adventures, LOL

Well yesterday we took the kids to chuck e cheese as planned, had the pizza as planned and came home and had some wine, all in all a wonderful on plan day! Oh and I got my bday present early! A really cool heart rate monitor for my workouts! now I won't have to guess if I'm at high intensity or not and my ap count will be more accurate (I tend to go lower than I think I am to be safe) so I'm excited to try it out today!