Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 01:08 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Red face Like Oh My God It's Totally Tuesday!

Cmon if you can't be a valley girl at 1 am you didnt grow up in the 80s!
Sooo in re to my challenge buddies I'm calling week 2 a do over at least for me
why
b/c I have a hardcore sinus infection and something called cough variant asthma
my goals for the week (srry to be stepping on the threads toes but i have one eye open and WAnna go to bed)
include
1. Journaling
2 more fruits and veggies
3 No fast food!
4 go see Rusted Root on Thursday

so I think today was revisit exbfs day
b/c i talked to nf and ahve a date with him on saturday
and I talked to dave and If I go to ireland in march I have a date with him then
Arg damn my magnetism
My alleged chestnut highlights ( i found myself in feria sunday) are more of a light red but its nice I'll post more today I have work
bbl girls
Love
Kierie
Old 10-01-2002, 09:02 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning, Kier! And oh my gosh, I so totally remember 80's valley girls! (Actually, my Mary Kay lady talks just like that still. It drove me crazy so I had to find a different Mary Kay lady).

Well, I've received two compliments on my appearance today, so that's nice...

Tonya, you're such a sweetheart for asking if I've been depressed lately. I haven't been depressed, things in my life have just been more boring than ever!

I didn't post yesterday and had a meeting in Omaha on Friday, so I missed most of Friday's posts. I need to read them and will probably have more to say later after I read those. I'll check back in later.

Old 10-01-2002, 09:32 AM   #3  

Good morning all! I have had two really good on plan days. Hopefully today will be day 3. I am going to look at a wedding/reception venue this afternoon (www.larimorehouse.com). I am sooo excited. After that I am going home to do my WATP tape.

Does everyone exercise in the mornings or afternoon? Pros cons? I do mornings on the weekends, but afternoons/evenings on the weekdays. Does it really matter when?
Old 10-01-2002, 09:46 AM   #4  

Hi everyone-I am here-I have a job interview today...it sounds really good but would mean communting more...don't know what to do-i am hoping if I see the place and meet the people that will help....I weighed at home this morning and am down 1 pound...official WI isn't till thursday so hopefully the downward trend will continue. Best friends bachelorette party was fun-I will post pictures of the beautiful drag queens we saw as soon as I get them...those men have better legs than a lot of women I know(including myself!)
This weekend we have {surprise} another wedding. We have three this month and this is the first...it is black tie-should be really posh-I have a sweet black ballgown that I am wearing...if we take pics I will post those-ah, nothing like black to make one feel THIN!!!
Marcie-the place looks beautiful! Make sure you will have your own personal attendant all day-it makes all the difference....
I exersize at all differnet times-I think when i start the day that way i am more energized, but boy is it hard to motivate to get up in the morning
Kier-I remember the valley girl thing-like totally cool, man! have fun with all the male attention!
OK I just RSVP'd to go to this drug dinner at a super posh steak house-the lecture is interesting but I really want a chance to go to dinner for free!! I know, it's not free, someone is paying for it...I feel a little bit guilty(a lot of docs boycott these things on principle) the most I would ever take is a meal along with a lecture tho...not free trips or tickets or anything....that's my justification! And this is probably the second time in my career I am doing this....
Hi Jess
Hi to everyone else! Come out and post
More later-Lori
Old 10-01-2002, 09:51 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Hey Ladies,

I am doing well today... sore, wow I did my measurements and EVERYTHING has shrunk from the summer. I almost have my 28 inch waist back (I have a 28.25) and my hips have gone down to 38 (yup I am a pear)... . Well think of it it used to be 41 inch waist and 50 inch hips).I haven't weighed in in ages. Maybe next week although I have two bad meal days coming up, and a business trip next week (I have seen the menu... I figure I'll just eat half of everything).

Thanks for the offers of advice for my man problem, it kind of resolved itself, or so I thought, regardless I am confused. Oh well, I figure I used to always never have guys interested in me, now it's the reverse

Jess: compliments rock! I know people say we shouldn't rely on compliments, but for me, it added fuel to my inner drive to lose weight (though I lost weight for myself).

Jibelle: Personally I think as long as you do exercise the time of day doesn't matter, but I wouldn't have an 11pm workout on a Monday and then a 7am workout on a Tuesday... Do what fits in best. I have heard experts say anything and everything on the topic so I don't think it really matters.

Kierie: ah, too many men eh! That is awesome and CONFUSING at the same time I know... but hey sweetie, enjoy the dating, meeting and having fun that's what I figure.

This is kinda unrelated to my other man problem... but I have been hanging out with a grad student a fair amount and we talk like every day, BUT although he flirts he doesn't try anything... I like being persued.... what should I do?

Take Care!

Ali
Old 10-01-2002, 10:47 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm back!

hmm, just wrote a long post and the computer ate it. darn. anyhow. basic gist was: back from sicily - great holiday! ate lots but haven't weighed in yet. will let you know what the damage is when i do! i tried to be healthy but only managed some swimming and walking. ah well, i got new trainers today so i'll get back into exercise again i'm sure!
what's been going on here then!? sounds like marcie is engaged and jenl is pregnant - congrats!!! anyone else got any good news!?
ali - what's your tattoo of? any pics? not sure i can advise you on the bloke. i'd prob just bite the bullet, get some alcohol involved and pounce.
lori - good luck with the interview - hope you decide what you want, how long would the commute be?
marcie - i try to exercise in the morning before work (i don't start till 10am). get it over with and feel virtuous for the rest of the day. only problem is it gets very hard to get up early in winter.
jess - how you doing? you ok? hope you're not too bored.
kierie and anyone else under the weather - get well soon!
jenk - you're def coming to london then? fab!!! i'm so impressed you're still running so much. i wish i could get into it. will give it a go i reckon.
big hello to everyone else, do tell me what i've missed over the past couple of weeks!
take care,
kirsty
Old 10-01-2002, 11:10 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi ladies!!! Sorry I have been MIA... I took Friday off... it was my 27th b-day (I'm old!!) - then yesterday was playing catch up!

Had a great b-day. Friday ate and danced at this fun restarant. saturday all the girls went to see Sweet Home Alabama and I got homesick for the south. We then went to my place and had a martini party adn then went dancing at a nearby bar. Fun... I ate too much though.

I think I'm down... last week I was up 3!!! But I was on my period, but it's still depressing... I think I'm back to what I was the week before... or maybe a pound more. I WI tomorrow... I'm expecting 136 or 137... but I can only hope I'm not more than that.

Kier - your like so rad!

Jess - morning honey! Looks like we played hookey from the board the last few days!

Marcie - I swim in the mornings and I exercise at the gym in the afternoons after work... it bites because sometimes after work, I just want to go home; but I can't get up early enough to get everything in in the morning.

Lori - sounds fun!!! My administrator at work just went to a Drag Brunch in Providence that sounds like so much fun! How have you been????

Ali - wow, 28-inch waist... you skinny girl!

Kirsty - great to have you back... you'll have to tell us all about it!!

Lisa
Old 10-01-2002, 11:56 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ok strange things are afoot at the TSB
or rather why am i not revelling in the chocolate I just ate I took 2 peices of choc from the lady who sits catycorner to me's bowl
one was a nestle nugget with pb wich i ate half of then threw out and the other was a reeses fastbreak mini (mind u I LOVE REESES PB) I ate it but I didnt get that chocolate feeling no satisfaction whatsoever and I dont want more
WIERD! I think its my inhaler its changing my taste or something
WB Kirsty! I'm hoping to be in London over spring break for a few days
Ali I'm with Kirsty on this POUNCE with the proper atmospheric conditions maybe invite him over for a video or some thing and have some redwine?
LISA happy Birfday! 27 is NOT OLD! i'll be there in june how was the movie?
Lori good luck with the interview
marcie when i have the choice i like to exercise in the afternoon
Jess ur gorgeous you should get complements
bbiab one of my bosses just popped in
Love
Kier
Old 10-01-2002, 12:02 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well, Carpet is purchased. It cost double what we thought because we didn't take into account all the wasted carpet and pattern matches we would need. UGHHH. And we decided to carpet the steps right away so it all matched. It was quite a financial undertaking!

I am so hungry lately, all I do it eat. I try to eat healthy, but that doesn't always happen. Dinner will be healthy tonight tho, since I am craving it. Chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. Yum Yum!!

Emma turns 2 at the end of the month too. I have to plan her party!!

KO... I was born in the early 70's so I remember the 80's quite well. How sad I used to wear my collars up, pants rolled and poofy hair!! Oh and remember wearing pump shoes with jeans. Too cool! What a fashion statement!

Jess, My life is boring too!

Welcome back Kirsty!

Lori, good luck on the interview. Don't make any decisions until you interview. You may either love it or hate it after that and then the choice is easy!

Oh and as for exercise, I feel better if I do it in the morning, it gives me more energy. But that just doesn't happen anymore for me with a child and now being PG. I now workout over my lunch hour (gym within walking distance) and then I sometimes also walk after work with the dog.

Ok, back to work and almost lunch time. Going to the gym today. I have been so busy that I haven't been there in forever. I didn't exercise much when I was PG with Emma and I am trying to change that. At least a couple times a week for now!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:48 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hey guys. I didn't do it. No new car for me. I called my mechanic and told him I'm still not happy with the work they've done and he told me to bring it back and they will fix it again. Yay, I LOVE to bus. (sarcasm, sarcasm) But if I can get it fixed it will be better to save the money for school then spend it on a car payment. Bad headache today i don't know what's going on.
Kier - I like, totally remember the valley girl thing, because I was, like, living, in the Valley when it was like totally cool - what a flashback.
Jess - compliments are good - you deserve them.
Marcie - I've heard pros and cons both ways with the excercise. although I have heard that you metabolize faster so it's better to eat about 20 mins after you're done exercising because you'll digest better - just more useless facts - I'd go with what makes you feel good.
Lori - let us know how the interview goes
Ali - what a success! Way to keep track of those inches
Hi Kirsty welcome back. Not much going on in my life except breaking up with the BF of 5 years and getting on with my life by getting a new job and home - I'm much happier on my own. Glad you had a good trip.
Lisa - Happy belated - good to hear you had a nice time.

OK - back to work
KT
Old 10-01-2002, 02:30 PM   #11  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Lemme tell you...!!

My favorite 80's outfit was a royal blue shaker sweater and a pair of lemon yellow and black stirrup pants, worn with the stirrups on the outside of a pair of 'Roos (remember those shoes with pockets?). I put a pyellow polo under the shaker sweater, leaving the collar up, of course. I then proceeded to barette my hair back with barettes that had blue and yellow ribbons braided into them. Put about 20 blue and yellow rubber bracelets on my arm and all the friendship pins I could get around the pocket of my denim jacket, and I was really stylin'! Wow- I can almost hear Total Eclipse of the Heart and Beat It playing right now!

KT, glad the mechanic is willing to work with you on the car thing. Be strong...the bus will be a distant memory in no time!

Jen, Aaron and I are coming over for dinner. We both love green bean casserole. Even though the carpet was a big hit now, you will be glad in the long run that you went with quality. I can't wait to see pics of your new space!

Kier, way to resist the chocolate! I think you might need to post on the pat on the back thread for that one. I'm proud of you honey!

Lisa, I'm glad you had such a good birthday weekend. Are you originally from the South? Where? Having a southerner for a husband has made me realize what a different world it is from the midwest. And the northeast, for that matter, is a beast all its own!

Kirsty, I'm glad you had a good time in Sicily. You are the exercise queen, let me tell you what! You motivate me, girl!

Ali, face it, you are BABE-A-LICIOUS!!! We won't hate you because you're beautiful! Seriously, you put in your time as a wallflower, so you have fun living in the sun for awhile -- you've earned it! I'm proud of how far you've come, and I think you deserve to live it up a little as a hottie!

Lori, I also have a black tie wedding this weekend. This is the all-weekend event one that I think I told you guys about, that they have daycare for kids and a bonfire with smores afterward, and then brunch the next morning. I can't wait. We'll have to compare pictures of little black dresses!

Marcie, I don't think it matters during the day when you eat, because if calories in are greater than calories out, you will gain weight. Similarly, if calories in are less than calories out, you will lose weight. So even if you burn faster after exercising, you will still burn the same number of calories. Motiviation-wise, I think you just have to find what you can be consistent with. I've yet to find that time for myself, though!

Jess, you are another babe-a-licious girl! Two in one day -- I bet you feel great about yourself right now -- I would! Come back later and play!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 02:37 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Does anyone remember the friendship pins you make with safety pins and beads?? And then you pin them to your shoe laces. This was early 80's if I remember right. The more pins on your shoes, the cooler you were. And also those horrid huge dangly earrings!!! Oh and feathers. I remember having a feather clip that you wore in your hair. Now people still hang them on thier spray painted cowboy hats. Makes me laugh. Oh the 80's.

OH... LEGWARMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 02:59 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Happy Tuesday...

Hey girls...I guess by now I'll be the last one on the board for the day, but what the heck.

Well, I went to bellydancing last night, it was super fun. my friend didn't show up, and I was super pissed off, plus she didn't even call to say sorry or explain why. She phoned me at work at like 10am. I was pretty cold with her, as you can well imagine.

Then I went to the coffee shop to meet another friend, the girl I stood up for at her wedding Aug 31. And - get this - she didn't even ask me about my trip, how I was, nothing. She was all about her - her wedding pics and if I can help her get a job. It was so annoying. I was right pissed off. Plus, she was late and I got hit on by the biggest creep imaginable. He told me I looked like Cindy Crawford. I was like "yeah, that's a good line - my b/f thinks I look like her too." buthe didn't take the hint. One part of me was like - wow, I am getting hit on! And the other part was like - bugger off. And the third part was cursing my annoying freind for not being ontime. Especially since she is unemployed and has nothing else going on. My sister said she is one of those sucker friends - the ones that suck your life, want you to help, etc but don't give anything back. That is for sure, lemme tell ya.

Ah, thanks for letting me vent!!

Kier - sorry about your sinuses, they can be a bugger! B/f is home with what I think is post nasal drip as well. I hope you get better, here are some healthy vibes comin' your way!!

Jess- I am still looking for a good Mary Kay lady - mine was super pushy...yuck.

Marcie - I am wiht the girls, mornings give more energy, but finding the energy to get up and do it is a different story. I do lunches and after work, plus I walk to and from work daily...How are those videos?

Lori - congrats on the unofficial WI - I am sure real WI will be good then...!!

Kirsty - welcome back - I hear ya about vacation, I tried to find ways to exercise but I only snorkeled and walked about a bit. Mostly took cabs....oh well!? Glad you had a great time- post pics if you can.

Lisa - Happy Late B-day!! I will be 27 in February, so I am not far behind you....

Jen - what are you planning,the Minnie MOuse party? My niece (Oct 29th too) is having hers on teh 26th. she usually has hers on Halloween but we just found out she is going for day surgery on Halloween and will miss out - poor thing! WE haven't told her yet. I am sure she'll be devastated....its her 4th b-day....

KT - I must have been away when you broke up with b/f. I am sorry to hear you went through that but you seem to be doing very well. You go girl. Breaking up with my ex b/f of 8 years was the best thing that EVER happened to me. I didn't know at first, but it was. I did the breaking up too. Now I look back and say, wow, I deserved SO MUCH better. So do you. I hope prince charming is on his way.

Lori and Jayne have fun at the black tie weddings - I love to dress up like that, I feel really sophisticated. Once a year is enough for me though...

The 80's - I was born in 1976, but my sisters were 3-5 years older and got me into the cool stuff of the 80's. I wore legwaremers, Ghostbusters banger shirts, neon, lots of neon. I had a "frankie say relax" shirt too - yikes!! Yup, I was a product of the 80's, and I have to say that 80's music is still my favorite, as cheesy as it is...!!

OH my god, its my high school reunion next june - wow, now I feel old.....

Well, back to work, see you guys later...oh by the way, I changed my sig, as I found my WI book and had miscalucalted my total down - BOOH! Its actually only 47.0 down. Oh well, still good - works for me...

Belle
Old 10-01-2002, 03:06 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Unhappy

Im having a miserable day here @ work ... words can not describe ...

I'll have to print today's rants and read through later.

Miss you guys!
Closed Thread