Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #16  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 362/ticker/169

Height: 5'9"

Wow.. didn't realize I had been gone so long. It was just two weeks but seems like forever. We have had so much unexpected stuff going on that I haven't been able to handle my "expected" stuff. If that makes any sense. But I'm back. I've stayed pretty much OP but haven't been on the wagon completely. Climbed back up today & am not going anywhere.

Don't know how much I'll be able to post for awhile. We moved & have not had our internet turned back on yet. That's the project for the week. So, for now, I'm posting from work.

Gotta run! Just thought I'd check in & let everyone know I was still around. (I'll have to catch up on the posts in between phone calls & clients. Will "talk" to everyone later!)

Hope y'all had a great Easter weekend.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #17  

Tina, I did get shoes to match. Not a very high heel because I want to be able to walk!!

Stephanie, glad to know that it wasn't just me who hadn't been around!

I've journaled food 3 days in a row now. Drinking my water. I would like to lose something before the wedding, so I reset the tracker.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #18  
Susan

Howdy,

Ok, I don't know if I told you or not but I had to go to the Oby gyn for my 6 weeks post op appointment last week. He did blood work because my pre op blood work my blood sugar was up a little, trigcylerides were elevated. So I went last week, did more blood work. Well, I told them to please let my dr (the one that was going to his office and I've gone to for 15 years) know about my dad. She called me today to check on me!!! I just love her!!! She said she wants me to cut out all simple sugars!!! for 8weeks. Then come in for more blood work. She thinks it might start me losing weight too. If it doesn't she said we would talk. I asked her about her continuing see me since she switched offices. She said, get your file over here and of course she had planned on seeing me. What a relief!!!! She knows me so well!! Now she is with the OB! She sent me to him when I was pregnant!

Nothing new here!!! I get evaluated sometime this week. I wish they would just come and get it over with!! However, only 4 days left to do it.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Good morning
Stephanie, it's great to see you back. I know all about not having the internet. (We must moved, too.) It helps to have a laptop.
Please continue to write from the office.

Tammy--good choice on low heels.

Susan, I'm sooo glad you can see that same dr. Not only does she know you, but you trust her.

Marion, how was the trip?
Maureen, Yes to the treadmill. I've had one for about 6 years and I love it. Get your Ipod, or whatever, and walk away.........

Where is everyone?????

I'm still upstairs. I'd better take me and my sore tummy down to the 2nd floor so I can eat something.....still haven't had breakfast.
We bought a Sunbeam hot water maker for up here. This way, I can fix hot tea when I wake up. Neat!

Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #20  
Susan

Hi,
Tina, how are you feeling? I think that's great about the hot water maker!

I do trust my doctor. She is really good and really listens. I'll do whatever she says.

I've gone 2 days with no simple sugars! I've cut it all out! So I guess I'm off to a start! I'll let you know.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #21  

Susan, that is so sweet of your doctor to call and check on you! have fun with the evaluation. Ha. Good for you for staying away from simple sugars.

Tina, that is a great idea about the hot water thingy!

Long day. Volunteering the next 3 mornings at the Christian radio station. I start at 6:00 each morning, and I'm not sure how long I will be there. I always have a fun time.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #22  
Susan

OH I forgot to tell ya'll, I had my evaluation today. The deaf ed coordinator came and the assistant principal. Before it was just the deaf ed coordinator but they switched it to the assistant principal this year. My deaf ed coordinator came to help out.

Another thing, I got a call from the deaf coordinator after school. I have to help out with some testing on another campus. Yuck!!!! So the next 3 afternoons I have to go to the senior high to help out. Only because mine is all done.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #23  

Sorry I have been missing so much.
I've been walking a lot (17Km this week)and enjoying the fine weather (in between the raindrops).
The spring flowers are blooming so beautiful out and no mosquitos yet.
King Tut was pretty good but not as amazing as the one I saw in 79.
Dinner was great and we all brought home leftovers (next time no appetizers)
Dan has had a few more interested jobs but only the one full time and they are really dragging their heels making a decision.
Tammy the dress is really pretty, does the jacket come off if you get warm?
Tina take care of yourself and please no heavy lifting.
Susan sounds like sticking to no sugars will help (all of us for that matter) glad the family is doing ok. think of you often.
Jeanne thanks for the Easter wishes do you get to take it easy at work for a bit?
Maureen shop around for that treadmill and try it out first.
Stephanie I'll be moving again soon hopefully this is the last one for a while.

Gotta go for an online lecture I'll check in again soon.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #24  

Susan, not fair that you have to help with the testing since yours is done. Boo!!!!

Marion, bringing home leftovers is a good thing! lol to appetizers. About my dress, yes the jacket does come off. I hope I don't get too warm because I hate to show my arms! The jacket isn't too heavy though.

I didn't make it to the radio station this morning. Had to call in sick. Up most of the night. just ate some toast, so maybe I'll be feeling better soon.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Morning,
Susan, I'm glad you got your review over with. Boo to going some place else. Good luck giving up sugars. Sounds like you are doing good so far. Still thinking about you and your family.

Tammy, I'm sorry you're yucky. Not a pleasant thing at all. Oh my, I don't like to show my arms, either. I have not been exercising them and it shows. Shows

Maureen, have you looked at treadmills yet?

Marion, I hope Dan hears something soon. That is so frustrating for him and you! I've heard a lot about the King Tut exhibit being smaller nowadays. At least we saw it when it was better. (Where did you see it in '79? I saw it in Chicago.)

Jeanne, are you resting?
Dori, how are you?
Stephanie, keep posting from work.

I go to the dr.'s for my 1-week check-up. I've got a list of questions to take.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #26  

Tammy sorry you aren't well, something you ate??
Susan at least helping to evaluating others gets you brownie points with the boss.
Tina we saw the exhibit at the art gallery in Toronto both times. It was only about 1/3 the size of the original, and not much gold at all but a lot of stone statues from other pharoahs (sp?) a long wait to get in too.
Why is it everytime I have to wait in line there is some really annoying person with a BIG mouth close by. The guy in front of us never shut up the whole time we were waiting. My boys kept rolling there eyes. and he had bad gas too so it was a long painful wait.
Happy springtime to all. Do you southern ladies get tulips, hyacinths etc to bloom?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #27  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Busy busy busy here! Just recovering from the Easter season & rush at work. Jessica is moving into a fix er upper! So we have been fixing up in our spare time and still working hard at staying motivated and OP! None of my old clothes fit anymore!

Tina - Hope you are feeling better soon! I'm sorry you were laid up at just a needing time to be up and at it with your new house! I'm sure you are resting comfortablly!

Susan - thinking of you too! Hope you are feeling better!

Tammy - love the dress!!!! I checked it out on FB the day you posted it! The wedding will be here before you know it! Hope you are feelling better and sorry you had to miss your day at the radio station!

Marion - Hi! I have tulips and daffidols up in my yard! And the apple blossom trees are sooooooo beautiful!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Yes, we have tulips and all kinds of beautiful flowers down here. Tulips have always been difficult for me to grow because of all the wetness in the yard. But, that was just my yard.
Jeanne, what a great thing about Jessica getting a place. I'll bet you are having fun fixing it up.

I'm having a very hard time not cleaning the floors and basins, etc. Hopefully, I'll be up to it soon.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #29  
Susan

Hi ya'll,
Just a quick post. Well I went over to the other campus on Wednesday to help out. Got a lot done. Came home, I had dinner with an old friend at a Mexican restaurant. I ate 6, yes only 6 chip.... no rice either. I just ate the meat!

At 2 am, I woke up feeling like I was going to throw up. Stumbled to the bathroom. Luckily nothing happened. I took some medicine that I had. Got back in bed, and tossed and turned. It hurt to lay on my stomach. So when I got up for work, the room was spinning. I sat down on the bed and then tried again. I said to Pat "I'm NOT going to work today." I called in. I NEVER and mean NEVER call in sick. I go if I'm sick or not. I sleep until 2 pm, took a shower and then slept the rest of the day in the chair. I had a fever of 101. Pat was going to have dinner last night with someone he has known a long time. He is a doctor. He told Pat what I had was a 24-48 hour bug. When Pat came home, he had me a small milkshake. I hadn't eaten anything all day long. It stayed down. I called yesterday afternoon and said I wouldn't be in today either. Today I feel better, still no strength or energy. Ready for a nap. I've been awake about 3 hours.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #30  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

Susan, I'm so sorry about your "bug." Feeling sick is one of the worst feelings.

I had a good dr. visit. He removed the strips (no staples this time) and said to take lots of Advil to get rid of the soreness. I'll have to take a lot!
Exercise----nothing but walking--don't feel like anything else anyway.
I can lift 15 lbs, instead of 10 lbs. I guess I need to carry around scales.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend. Larry has to work all day tomorrow. I'll be lonely. He's off Sunday. Maybe he and David will come home from church by way of a seafood restaurant.
Closed Thread