Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 08:16 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Exclamation Tgif!

Here's Friday's thread, bbiam to post something witty and interesting, no doubt!
Old 08-09-2002, 08:27 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good Morning, everyone -- are you all as happy to see Friday as I am? I really don't know why I am so dang thrilled...not like I have such great plans, and it's not like I have a weekend off work, since I am a SAHM. I guess it's a mental thing, more than anything else.

I did Miss Jen's running program AGAIN! Hubby is quite impressed with me...I've been getting up at 5:45 to have the time to do it and I think he can't comprehend anyone getting up that early voluntarily. I had kind of a breakthrough with it...today, my legs got tired much faster than anything else. I wasn't gasping for air, I wasn't feeling like I would die, I was just ambling along (believe you me -- my pace is lucky to be an amble, I am not a racer like Jen) thinking to myself,"Wow, sure do feel those quads!" I think that's a good sign that I'm increasing lung capacity or something else equally impressive-sounding!

Made a big fool of myself yesterday (so what's new?)...I had to get the invitations, napkins, plates, etc. for Aaron's first birthday next weekend. I got kind of misty while I was getting that together, and then at the bakery while ordering his cake, I couldn't even get out words, and my eyes were just welling up with tears. It was an older woman behind the counter who kept patting my hand and saying how fast they grow up. And of course all this sympathy just made me cry harder, because he is growing up so fast, I can't believe it! So I'm crying in public, I have no doubt that mascara was streaking down my cheeks and that I was all puffy, and I run into my pastor from church. He looked at me strangely, and I'm waiting for the phone call today to see if everything is fine. Phone calls with him are a minimum of half an hour, so I should just suck it up and set apart the time and get over with...spend the first five minutes reassuring him that I'm fine and the next twenty five listening to all his corny jokes...at least he tries to have a sense of humor!

So enough of my rambling, I hope everyone comes out to play today (even Kirsty and Kier, where are those ladies???)!
Old 08-09-2002, 08:54 AM   #3  

Hi Jayne! I am here! I am actually off today-I am going for a run, and then to WI, I will check back later...where is everyone else???
You motivated me to run!!!!
lori
Old 08-09-2002, 09:12 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Morning! I'm running late ... will post later from work. I've got more free time @ work than I do at home ... hahahaha ...

No exercise for me YET today - I'm bringing my gear w/ me to work(see!) and will get a few miles walking in. I'm going to hit the treadmill tonight for a mile run. Tomorrow I have a big training walk for the 3Day. We're doing 14 miles tomorrow. I've done this before ... I can't wait until we get up to 16 miles. We ideally have to be able to walk 10-15 miles 2 days in a row. So far I've done 6.5 & 14 miles back to back. So that averages out, right?

Ta ta for now ...
Old 08-09-2002, 09:17 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Yippee!

Good Morning! I'm in a great mood for several reasons: 1) I was down 3.6 lbs (can you believe it?) at WI last night! 2) It's finally Friday!! and 3) I actually have some exciting plans for the weekend.

Yep, WI was a good one last night. I can't believe I was down that much, but it's kind of hard to be very excited about it. It's the biggest loss I've had since I've been on this plateau (since May), but the way it's been lately is lose one week, gain it back the next week (and I don't know why). I was down a lot at WI, but it's kind of like "Well, how much am I going to be up next week?" Hopefully I'm off my plateau, but I don't want to get my hopes up, in case I'm back up next week.

My weekend plans may not sound thrilling to you guys, but I'm looking forward to them. I'm working at the gym tonight, then tomorrow, I'm going to a rubber stamp convention and doing some shopping. Then, my old roommate is coming to town to stay the night with me. We're going to grill burgers and I don't know what else. We may go out, or we may just watch movies. Who knows? Either way, I can't wait.

I'm sure there are people posting (probably Lisa) while I'm posting this, so hello to you!

Jayne--Good Morning! Way to go keeping up on that running challenge, that's really a great accomplishment! And, Jayne, I don't think you should be embarrassed about being sentimental (probably because I'm just as sentimental as you are). The lady at the bakery is right--they DO grow up fast and it's hard to know that you're never going to get that time with them back. But I think what's most important is keeping the happy memories and looking forward to making even more memories (and savoring the time) that are going to be just as special. Don't be embarassed--if someone who saw you yesterday hasn't felt the same way about their kids, they haven't enjoyed them like you've enjoyed Aaron.

OK, I better do a little work before it's break time. Oh, and I gotta change my signature (I think that deserves a dancing monkey...)
Old 08-09-2002, 09:23 AM   #6  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

How exciting, Jess! That definitely deserves a dancing monkey!!

OK ... now I'm really late for work ...
Old 08-09-2002, 09:30 AM   #7  
Water Freak

I'm back! I've been off camping for the past week, loads of fun but no weight loss. Oh well. I am now back on track! I'm staying with my parents for the next week until school starts up again, so that is probably going to be a bit of a struggle as my mom always has cookies and such around. I must resist the urge to eat chocolate for breakfast! Anyway, I will be housecleaning all day today, so that should keep me busy, and I have decided that if I find myself in an I'm bored so lets eat sort of mood, I am going to go to the library or something. Somewhere where I can't eat!

Jess- WAY TO GO!!!!!
Jayne- Awwww. Hope the phone call doesn't go too long.

Okay, I am off to move some stuff around and vacuum. Whooooo!

Cat
Old 08-09-2002, 10:15 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all.... was having a really great Friday... then 1 minute before I was going to post here, our receptionist told us she was quitting. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

And I don't know what I am going to do because we have lots of people taking vacations through the end of the month! Now I have to get on the stick and get some interviews in here. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's it for the moment.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:33 AM   #9  

Way to go Jess!! Wish I could post the same but WI for me was a disappointing week of maintaining...oh well, at least it's not a gain-but it's hard not to get frustrated. Ok-I am off for the weekend-see you all monday!Lori
Old 08-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jayne - you're too cute... he's still your little baby. Plus, you are a mad running woman... I can hear you roar!

Hi lori!! SO you were near Kenmore last night? You were like a mile from me. Did you have a nice time? Where in Kenmore did you go?

Morning Deb - 14 mi? wow! how did the late night binging go?

Hey JEss!!! I was in a morning meeting... or I'm sure I would have posted at the same time as you. SOunds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you!!!

Cat - good to hear you had fun camping! Hope you have fun cleaning the house... I need to do that this weekend.

Jen - I'm sorry to hear about your receptionist... is she giving 2 weeks notice - or just taking off.

So - Brian and I went out last night. Had a great time. He's starting to really grow on me and it's scaring me pretty bad... ahh! He's just always so romantic... a client gave him a $85 bottle of red wine.... and so after we got back from dinner (I had a salad) we drank wine, lit candles and played U2 and Dave Matthews. He's super sweet... I also dropped a bomb on him... and let him in on the fact that I'm still a V (yes, I am still a v at 26). It took it better than expected but admitted that it freaks him out a little. That's always the test... usually when I tell guys this they run for the door. Wow - I just let y'all in on a wammer huh?

Lisa
Old 08-09-2002, 11:50 AM   #11  

Lisa, if he runds because of that, then he is not worth it. If he really likes you, then he will respect you in all ways! Good luck and keep us posted. We'll see if that romance is a power play or not eh!!!

Jess... YIPPPPEEE on the loss. And don't look at it negatively, this is a good thing. Stay OP and see what happens next week. Don't give yourself a reason to gain!!!!

Well, I had more stressful things happen today. This stuff relates to my in-laws who absolutely drive me nuts. So my yipppeeee Friday is no more! I am going to the gym at lunch to work it off!!!
Old 08-09-2002, 12:16 PM   #12  

Oh and Jayne, 1 year old is not bad. Yesterday I got all teary eyed because Emma now speaks in sentences and she is only 22 months old. UGHHHHH, she is growing so fast.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:44 PM   #13  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Lisa--I think the fact that you're a V is something that makes you even more special and I'd be willing to guess that Brian feels the same way. It will more than likely cause him to respect you even more because you show that much respect for yourself! Don't worry about him freaking because of it. Chances are (if he's like most guys that I know) he won't.

Lori--I know how frustrated you feel. I've had a couple of weeks where I stayed exactly the same, it's frustrating, but like you said, it's a lot better than a gain and you'll probably be down even more next week.

Jen--Sorry to hear that your great Friday has gone down the shi*ter. On the bright side--if you get all the negative stuff taken care of today, you have nothing to worry about over the weekend.

Cat--Sounds like a good plan to avoid places wher eyou can eat, that should definitely help you resist the urge to eat out of boredom.

Deb--it looks like you're online right now, so maybe you're posting. You do the 3-Day? Which one do you do? I was going to do the breast cancer 3-day in Denver, but thought that $1000 was just too much for me to fundraise. I think it's great that you do that and it sounds like so much fun. Have you done it before?

OK, I'm going to eat some lunch now. I'll check back later.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:52 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

I had to print this thread (7 pages) in order to respond to everyone! Otherwise I feel bad if I don't.

I've got NO ENERGY. I think that my immune system is down & everything is catching up to me since I've lightened the stress load a bit (for a few weeks anyhow) w/ school being done. Now I just want to be lazy ...

Jayne: I too get up @ 5 AM VOLUNTARILY to workout. I get up that early if I'm going to the gym to weight train. I'm either an early riser, or I'd rather see double digits on the clock (yeah - right like that'll happen). But then I feel like I've slept the day away. I get all sappy too when I think of how much Jeremy has grown & UGH ... the first day of Kindergarten is JUST around the CORNER! I've got to put my baby on that bus ... and I think about his saftey & who the driver is & etc. I remember driving home from the hospital (the baby was 5 days old) and it was the first day of school, so we were stuck behind a bus and I said to Jeffrey "In 5 years Jeremy will be on a bus like that, coming home from his first day of Kindergarten". He looked at me like I was on crack ...

Jess: Again ... way to go! It's been a long time since I've felt "hope" for myself - getting back OP. You girls really are helping me keep on program. I'm more organized in my planning & thinking ahead.
Your weekend plans do sound fun. I love any chance I get to just "hang out" with friends.

Hi Cat! Sounds like you had a great time camping. I've got a trip planned for 8/23-8/25. A bunch of college friends get together (we're like a little family) -NO JEREMY!- and we have a ton of fun.
I am looking forward to having a S'more on this trip. And I'll plan for it too ...

Jen-L: Guess you've got a lot to handle right now. Like the usual stressors during the day aren't enough. Work out those frustrations, girl!

Lori: Enjoy you day off! Have a great weekend!

Lisa: The midnight bingeing went OK last night. I did get up & eat a roll w/ the tiniest amount of Brummel & Brown.
I've been feeling run down, so I did NOT go for my evening walk - but today I plan to get a good one in.
I agree w/ Jen - he's not worth it if he doesn't respect you in all ways. Nothing like a little vino & DMB ...

So as I sit here typing ... I hear my Outlook box "ding" and it's another reply to this thread! Boy are we hopping!

I got an estimate on my truck - way more damage done than my insurance adustor gave me a quote for. I called the girls insurance company the other night - got fed up w/ her - and they'll go down to the shop & come to an agreement w/ the repairman. So, I've got to schedule that & a rental.

Still on the Co-op/condo hunt ... of course the ones that I can afford are in not so nice areas. Grrr ... I make either too much or too little to qualify for any "programs" (there are some really good ones like housing lotteries & such) offered in NY - I'm stuck right in the middle. It sucks ...

TGIF!
Old 08-09-2002, 01:23 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Lots of posts -- goody!

Deb, I remember living in the NY metro area (Greenwich, CT) and I cannot believe how expensive housing is!!! The house that goes for half a million out there goes for about $200,000 here. Not to mention the cost of living in general being higher. That's one of the reasons we chose to move back to the midwest...we couldnt' handle the financial difference.

Jen, I too have a MIL that most days I'd love to throttle. It's hard to deal with because the one person in the world that you share everything with can't hear 100% of your frustrations because you don't want to be badmouthing his relatives to him. I'm glad you have a "work off the stress" plan...makes me think about going for a swim at the gym this afternoon. Sentences already? What a big girl Miss Emma is!!!

Lisa, I was a V until I got married at 25. It's old-fashioned I know, but that was just a part of myself I wasn't willing to share unless I knew it was forever. I didn't think I could handle how much it would hurt to have given that to someone and have it rejected. I have nothing against people that make other choices, but remember, you made a difficult and responsible choice, and it's to be respected just as much as other ways. I can tell you're opening up to him by telling him all this. Have you told him about the whole weight-loss deal? He is going to have a whole new world of respect for you, girlfriend!

Lori, have a fabulous weekend -- I'm so proud of you for running this morning. I'm glad to have been an inspiration. Just let me tell you, I'm glad you couldn't actually see me doing the running, or you probably would have been much more inspired to laugh your @ss of rather than go running!

Cat - my running buddy! I've missed you!!! Are you still "one with the pavement"? We WILL be a Nike commercial someday, remember that!!! All that housecleaning is going to burn some serious calories, and you seem to have a great plan in place to avoid temptations.

Jess, face it -- THE PLATEAU IS OVER!!!!! Let's celebrate! You worked hard and got through it, and I'm very proud of you. Have a great weekend with your friend, and congrats again on your loss and amazing perseverence ( I may have given up in your shoes, but you didn't...way to go!)

No call from the pastor yet...of course, I turned the ringer off.

Hubby just came home for lunch and told me he was going to build me a real platform for my Dance, Dance Revolutioin game this weekend, instead of that crappy vinyl pad that bunches up and makes you miss steps. So even though he screws with my computer and has an unhealthy obsession with Circuit City and Best Buy, there are times when it pays off to marry an engineer! Well, maybe I'll reserve judgement on that until it's done...it could very well end up in the electronic and computer graveyard in our basement, with all the other unfinished projects! I'll let you guys know how it turns out! I can't believe what I nerd I am to get this into a dance game for twelve-year olds...but it's so much fun!!!

I'm outtie, see you all later!
Closed Thread