Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 11:48 AM   #16  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Lisa, lunch is SUCH a date! I am so excited, I almost feel like I have a date! Wear something totally cute and just knock those 31-year old socks off, will ya? I'm going to live through you on this one! The age difference may seem intimidating, but think about how juvenile the average boy in his mid-twenties is. He's into football, beer, partying, seeing boobies at Mardi Gras, and very little else. Not that these are bad things, they just don't have much to do with long-term relationships and respect for the opposite sex. So call the age an asset, because it really is!

Jess, I'm so glad you had a good meeting...you have earned it with all the crap you put up with from the Homer at your last meeting. The steamer is called a microwave steamer. It's black, and comes in two different sizes. It looks like a plastic pot, but the cover has all kinds of holes on it. I don't think that they'll let you order it from the site, though, so you may have to have them refer you to a consultant if you don't have one, and they can get it for you. On the plus side, they're pretty inexpensive. My sister spent twety five for both, I think...

Kier, my mom has a sure cure for tummy trouble. Eat nothing but bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast (with jam or plain, no butter) and especially don't eat any dairy. This will fix you up in no time. Avoid immodium before WI!!!! It plugs you up, water and all, and you will weigh more. On the other hand, if that's the only way you can go more that five feet from the throne, I guess a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Jen, I am a total Bo Dean's FREAK! I love them. Do me a favor, and sing along with "Closer to Free" for me this weekend. Thank you so much for the running challenge. Hubby is excited about it, because he's a running stud and he's anxious to take me along for the ride.

Belle dietcokedietcokeietcoke... I too have a strange haircut. i am currently sporting one of those flippies, but mine doesn't so much say flip as it does wind tunnel. I bet that yours is cuter than you think though...we're always our own worst critics. Have faith in the BF...I am also betting mom knows more that you, and the fact that you and BF are together now speaks volumes. He's not going to wait for an anniversary to ditch you, because he made that mistake once and he regretted it. All will be well...

Laura, free drinks are NEVER a bad thing...just don't do like Bridget Jones at her work cocktail party. hehe, that was funny! Think of this as an opportunity to score some points and do some networking. If you listen to everything they say and encourage them to talk more, they'll walk away thinking that you're the most witty conversationalist they've ever met.

Another great American novel!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 12:14 PM   #17  

No time to post...but Lisa-are you out there? We are going out tonight in the Faneuil Hall area-the Purple Shamrock and then out for dinner and more bars...we are celebrating a friend;s b-day he is 23...and so nice! If I weren't married and he were a little older...but anyway, I should get you guys together!(if this thing doesn't work out! And 31 is not too old!!!
Hi to everyone else-I am going to read all of the posts now-later-Lori
Old 07-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #18  
Cockeyed Optimist

No time to respond to everyone but...

Thanks for the running prog. Jen - I intend to follow - and you should think about the mini - it is such a huge deal around here.

Jess - yeah - inspiring leader and a loss - congrats!

Belle - this year is not last year. Celebrate extra in Thailand to make-up for missing the actual anni.

Jayne - thanks for reminding me to listen instead of chat - I needed that!

Lisa - LUNCH IS A DATE. Lunch is the best date. Enough time to have fun but short enough if you need an escape. I'm 28 and most of the guys I go for are about 34/35 - same age difference - it's really not too many years in your mid 20s to mid 30s.

Laura
Old 07-19-2002, 01:10 PM   #19  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Jayne-- Is this the thing you're talking about? I can't tell if it has holes in it or not... http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_prod...ategoryCode=KC

I'm going to come back in two shakes and post some good replies to all of you!
Old 07-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #20  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lori - That's so cool you're going out in the city... I'm going to a party with my roommate (it's their finals-are-over-party)... but I would LOVE to go out sometime.....next time you're in Boston... you should TOTALLY let me know! Check your PM's!

I'll have to IM you my number sometime... because who knows how long we'll be at the party.

Jayne - you are a great novelist... and appreciated during your own time too! I am excited.... I really have never been on a date. I've "met someone out" a few times.... but with friends, etc... I don't know what I'll wear.

Laura - I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like a guy and you go out to dinner at like 6:00, then it's hard to get out of it... you've got like 5 hours to go at least.... but at least lunch will be about an hour, and if it goes well we can meet again. And if not, it was an hour of lunch.

Lisa
Old 07-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #21  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Congrats -- you found it!

That's it, Jess. Don't the veggies in it look just nummilicious? Ok, so I'm trying to make myself believe that because I want a brownie so unbelievably bad right now. Not that I'm in any danger, there aren't any in my house...MaybeI need Diet Coke vibes too.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:19 PM   #22  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

~dite coke....diet coke....diet coke~ ~vibes~
Old 07-19-2002, 01:42 PM   #23  
One Sick Puppy

I'm taking a break from reading "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood"... I'm just a few pages into it, but so far it's good.

Jayne--I'm glad that's the one, I can definitely afford it. AND, a friend of mine from high school who I haven't talked to in years is a consultant, so it gives me an excuse to give her a call. I should go ahead and do that tonight. After I get it, of course, I'll need you to give me a step-by-step on how to use it... I made the biggest stir fry ever last night and managed to eat most of it. I ate around 7 and laid around miserable with a super-full tummy until about 10. I honestly cannot believe how much of that stuff I put away, how embarassing. Oh, yeah, and here's some diet coke vibes for you. (concentrating very hard on sending them)...

Jen--It sounds like your party should be lots of fun. I'm not real familiar with the BoDeans, but I do like that song, Closer to Free a whole lot.

Kier--What sort of domestic activities do you have planned for your weekend? And, yes, C is for Cookie (or carrot, if you're low on points). hehehehe.

Belle--I'm not sure what to tell you about your BF dilemma, except that I've been through it before and am kind of going through it again. BF and I "took some time" (aka broke up) for three months and he's kind of questioning things again. I'm totally here for you and know what you're going through. It's not easy, and it hurts to think that he can be so unsure when you're so absolutely certain about things. I'm sending a long-distance hug and wishes that this all just blows over without anything major happening.

Lisa (who's probably posting right now)--A lunch date? How perfect! The only lunch date I've ever been on was with a gay guy, so I guess that's not considered a date. He was really hot, though. I just don't think 31 seems all that old. I guess I look at my parents relationship for an example. My dad is 7 years older than my mom, she says it works because boys mature so much slower than we do. The 7 years difference between them is what puts them on the same maturity level. I'd totally disregard the age and just have fun with the person, especially if you thought he was the same age until he told you different. Him being 31 and only 5 years older than you doesn't put him into the "Dirty Old Man" category.

OK, I think I'm going to get back to my Ya-Ya book and will check in later!
Old 07-19-2002, 02:56 PM   #24  
One Sick Puppy

Sure, I type a nice, long post and everyone disappears...
Old 07-19-2002, 03:31 PM   #25  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - I'm still here

BUT I'M FREAKING OUT. So much for that lunch date! He emailed me and said he'd really rather not wait until next week, so he wants to go out tomorrow night.

Girls... I'm SO NERVOUS. I've never been on a real date... and so starting off easy with a lunch date was going to ease me into it.

I know no one will be around to answer me.... BUT I'M FREAKING!!

What to wear?????????????????????

Jess - I read that and saw the movie.... the book is good and the movie is pretty good.

AGH AGH AGH
Old 07-19-2002, 03:48 PM   #26  
One Sick Puppy

Lisa, sweetie, the very first thing you have to do is CALM DOWN. You need to not feel pressured or stressed in any way. Who's the one who asked you for your #/email? He did. Who's the one who wanted to push the date ahead? He is. He's clearly VERY interested in you and that means that you don't need to be worried. Are you calmed?

After you get that accomplished, post back here and tell us what you guys have planned... I'm here for you and will give all the good advice that I can as far as what to wear, etc.

Breathe, hun!!
Old 07-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #27  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Someone Loves Lisa!!!

I'm here too and happy to help...

Let HIM do the impressing. Jess is right, this whole thing is his idea, so let him do the work and the stressing. See, isn't it nice to hang out with someone who is a bit more mature and able to not be such a mid-twenties man-flake?

You are beautiful and intelligent, and you are going to knock him dead!

Let me know if I can help you in any way...

BTW in my humble opinion, it would be in your best interest to find out as much as you can about the plans so you can dress correspondingly. If you can't find out anything, khakis and a dressy shirt work just about anywhere.
Old 07-19-2002, 04:26 PM   #28  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jess, I just love how Lisa can pause in the middle of her freak-out and comment on the book you're reading...that's pretty funny!
Old 07-19-2002, 04:47 PM   #29  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

you girls are great! thanks for the advice - that's the worst part... we're "playing it by ear." Here's a copy and paste of his email:

I have to leave soon, but I am up for anything. And remember, I will always try anything twice, ahah. Let's play it by ear. I hope that is ok with you. I said last night that I am pretty easy going, but a nice night outside, a walk, an icecream, some food, drink and a great conversation are always on the top of the charts. I will call you later. Brian

But I'm going with black pants or khakis because it's a win-win. I just don't know about playing it by ear... I was hoping for some music or a movie so we weren't pressured for conversation and so we would have something to discuss afterwards.... who knows.

Jayne, Jess - thanks a ton... I'll post on Monday!!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 04:48 PM   #30  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Yea, Lisa!!!

It is normal to be a bit nervous but don't freak out!! I agree with Jayne - try to find out what you are doing. But since it is summer, a skirt or summer dress always work well - I would wear something like that just about anywhere.

Most importantly, have a GREAT time and just be yourself!!
Closed Thread