Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 06:06 AM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Whew!!! What a weekend. Friday was a relatively quiet day, until Joe said "let's go out to lunch" and we had Mexican food. Saturday we ended up ditching our plans for a birthday dinner of ribs at home, and went out w/my bro. and his wife after all. After a visit to a local micro-brewery (Joe's favorite, which he enjoyed in moderation, by the way!), we went to his favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner. On Sunday we had some family over for birthday, part II....translates to pizza and cake. It was a food-filled weekend, to say the least.

When I got on the scale at home this a.m., it showed a gain of about 2 pounds. I truly expected more, and I don't know what the WW scale will show tomorrow, I don't know how accurate my scale is. But I'm not worried. After the last 2 weeks, I was afraid it'd be more. Perhaps it will be, tomorrow, on their scale. But it's over, we had fun and now it's down to business.

Essie, your husband sounds like a sweetie. Don't you feel blessed? I hope his birthday is great. And, you didn't gain since last time you were at WW...cool. You'll do fine!

Zoe, good going on both the cake and the cheese toast. I LOVE cheese; and, well, cake..that goes without saying. Doesn't it give you a good feeling to pass it up?

Terri, so happy your daughter is doing well. Especially to post a loss after all she's been thru! Tell her for me that I'm proud of her.....she's definitely going to get it done in 2001 !!!! It's such a difficult task to raise children nowadays (boy, that makes me sound old), and it's obvious that you're doing a great job. And, didn't I tell you that you looked too young to post here? LOL

Dianne, Myra, Hi. I hope you're both ok.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
~Jen
Old 02-13-2001, 09:57 AM   #17  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

I'm here late tonight. I went to the gym after work, got home to my wonderful husband having dinner ready (pasta and salad) and then had a discussion with him and my son about my son wanting to move out on his own. I'm heartbroken. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif I know, I know, kids grow up and move out....but this is my baby!!! He'll be 21 on March 24th and I just feel like he needs to stay here. Ok, so that's crazy but I can't help it. I've been told that once you get over that "empty nest" depression, you love it so much that you can't imagine having the kids back in the house. We'll see.....maybe he won't move, huh? http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Terri ~ doesn't it feel good when someone tells you how young you look? I remember once when my daughter, at age 22or 23, went to the foot DR and since she's a 'baby', wanted me there. We were laughing and talking and at the front desk, the doctor asked me, "can I ask you a personal question?".....I said sure....he said, "how old are you?" He said he couldn't beleive I was her mom. Woo Hoo.

Essie ~ have a great time celebrating Pete's birthday!!

Jen ~ don't worry about the gain...maybe you'll end up losing at WW anyway. I see that my own scale went up about 2 pounds which is crazy. But I'm okay with it since I've been good and working out.

hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a great night....

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #18  

Congrats Essie on going back and not having a gain. YEAH http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//smoking.gif
Thanks for your support about Brittany. I think it is so important for her to start now. I want her healthy and not have to go through this. I would like her to experience it now while it is not to hard.
Good luck to your niece.
Happy Birthday to Pete? Any special plans?

Jen,
Man, you were busy. You did great girl. I would have gained more than that. It might even be gone by the time weigh-in is. Good luck.
Thanks about Brittany. She really is a good girl. I wish I was too young to post here but then I wouldn't have met all of you.

Zoe,
I know what you mean about the empty nest syndrome. I am not looking forward to it. I want to protect my kids for the rest of their lives. I want the control. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif
I want Brittany to stay until she gets married at 35. LOL (I want a couple of grandkids so I'll let her go while her biological clock is still ticking.)
I know I will change my mind when the high school yrs. make me go insane. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//insane.gif
LOL
Good luck.

Hi Myra and Dianne!
Terri
Old 02-14-2001, 07:08 AM   #19  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hey there Y'all ~

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday and evening. Nothing much going on here tonight. I'm happy to say that I am going to relax and watch TV tonight, do alot of nothing. Ha!

Tomorrow after work is Weigh In....I did get on my scale at home and it didn't seem to move AT ALL! I've not really been bad so I don't know what's the deal. Maybe the exercise is making me gain. hahaha

Hey Terri, I wish I was too young to post here too but as you said.....we'd have never met. Maybe it's the age-thing that gets to me about the kids moving out. After all, I did have them early.....

nighty night......

------------------
Old 02-14-2001, 11:21 AM   #20  

Zoe,
Yeah, maybe it is because you are young for them to be moving out. Maybe by the time my youngest (7) moves out I'll be ready. If he leaves at 21 I'll be 56. Woah! Almost ready for hubby to retire. I can't stand to think about it. I still hold him.
He's my baby!
Terri
Old 02-14-2001, 09:33 PM   #21  

Hi Guys -- Happy Valentines Day! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

BACK AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATES!!! LOL -- just kidding -- I myself plan on having at least one or two pieces, to calm my cravings. I will not be deprived!

Essie -- Hope Pete's birthday yesterday was great! 50 is really special.

Terri -- You and Brittany are doing great -- it's really fantastic that you are teaching her to be healthy while she's still young and not into all the bad habits we were when we were her age. Good luck to her.

Jen -- Hope Joe had a great birthday as well. Sounds like you had some good food and good fun. Don't worry about the scale -- you'll be fine. And more importantly, you had a good time with your family.

Hi Myra -- Hope your'e doing well.

Zoe -- I feel for ya -- with your son and all. We lost our son, Justin, at 13 when he went away to a prep school in Massachusetts. When he came back, he left again for Columbia University, so we have kind of gotten used to him being gone. Now, our baby girl, Alana, will be 18 in April and going away to college in September. I know that's going to be really rough, we are so close. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif So, my husband and I will be facing "empty nest" syndrome soon enough. I wonder what we'll do with each other.... mmm.... guess we could come up with a few things ! Who knows, we might really like it, not having to worry about if we want to go away for the weekend, who's going to stay with Alana overnight, etc. I know it will be hard, but we do have to let them go and she's really excited about going away. I'm going to try and make it as easy as possible on her.

Well, Alana and I went to see the Vagina Monologues and had a great time seeing all the celebrities in the play, ie. Jane Fonda, Glenn Close, Ophrah, Brooke Shields, Claire Danes, Marrissa Tomei, Carol Kane, Swoosie Kurtz, Rosie Perez, Gloria Steinem, etc., etc., etc. too many to name. There were some embarrassing moments (for me, mostly)when I kind of wondered if my daughter understood some of the things that were being discussed, but on the whole it was a really good experience for both of us. And a really important cause.

Well, I hope you all enjoy your valentines day and give your hubbies a big kiss from me -- LOL -- Just kidding, don't hurt me!!!

Have a great day, you's guys.

Dianne
Old 02-15-2001, 01:52 AM   #22  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif Happy Valentine's Day! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

My weigh in yesterday was exactly what I expected...gained 2.2 lbs.

I waited as long as I could, went 12 days between weigh-ins, and considering the way things were around here, I was happy that's all I gained.

Now it's behind me. I'm not feeling very motivated right now , but I will not give up.

Dianne, having time alone with your husband will be fantastic! I'll bet you'll love it.

~Jen

Old 02-15-2001, 07:11 AM   #23  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jen, sorry to hear you had a bad WI. But it is a new week now. I'm sure you will do great next week.

I was shocked with my WI. I actually lost 1.8 lbs. I guess these activity points actually work. Counting the activity points I stayed in my range most days but without counting them I was well above my range (I exercised like crazy). It is just so scary eating all those points. I was sure I would gain again.

Myra
Old 02-15-2001, 08:18 AM   #24  

Good for you Jen. getting right back to it.
Good luck! 2.2 is not that bad. You will get that off. Good luck!

Myra,
Congrats! Great job Myra! Way to work out!

Dianne,
I'm glad you had a great time. That is so cool that you got to see all those stars.

I maxed out my points at 7:00. I hate that.
So here I am. LOL I only had 2 hershey kisses. YEAH!!!
Bruce got me two nights in a Hotel suite starting Sat. I leave at noon on Sat. and stay until Mon. at noon. Cool huh? That is my main Valentines gift. I might take Britts with me for the first night ( I really enjoy her company, especially when it's one on one) and then Bruce will come and get her and take her home and she will babysit and Bruce will come back and fix dinner dinner and stay for a couple of hours.
He took me to lunch today and got me a beautiful card.
I hope everyone had a nice Valentines day.
Terri
Old 02-15-2001, 09:29 AM   #25  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif
Ok, I finally did it.....I finally went to my WW meeting and gained. Heck, I don't know why I'm crying cuz I'm the one who caused it. Ok, so tomorrow, I am so bad on track....and I didn't gain that much, just "point 2" but heck, it was still a gain!!! I'm over it now and tomorrow morning, I start just like it was week #1.

I am sorry not to address each of you personally. I'm feeling pretty down about this stupid little (and it IS stupid and it IS little) gain.....so I came home and had ice cream. Is that not pitiful or what?? I need to get back on track. Like I said, tomorrow is going to be like Day One for me.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 02-15-2001, 09:38 AM   #26  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Ok, I'm back. I guess I need to just get in here and post....be with Y'all and understand that it happens to the best of us.....I'm okay now.

Terri ~ maybe I'm being silly but I really do think I'm too young for them to be gone. I'd have 3 more right now!! We tried to have another and it took forever for me to get pregnant and then I lost it. That was about 12 years ago. At 45, I could really have more. My husband would DIE!!!! Ha!!

Dianne ~ my husband says that life will be great without Chris here....we can have the "run of the house"....I know what he means.... So I guess you'll be going through this too soon.....we can lean on each other.

Happy "V" Day to all of you. Thanks for all of you being here when I vent and feel down. It makes that down feeling disappear quicker.

------------------
Old 02-15-2001, 11:10 AM   #27  

Hang in there Zoe. That was a small gain. Your body needed a rest girl. The losses will slow down a little as your body gets smaller. It can get very frustrating. That is a big part of this. This frustration is the very reason so many people give up. Just think of it as a part of the new lifestyle. Sometimes we mess it up ourselves but we stop it before it gets out of hand. That is the important thing. Sometimes a small gain happens when we do nothing wrong. Our bodies will do this. It really is not healthy to have big losses every week. Just think of it as your new lifestyle. Hang in there.
You are doing great! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//smoking.gif

Hi everybody!!!!!
Terri
Old 02-15-2001, 04:14 PM   #28  

Hi, Zoe, Terri, Jen, Dianne & Myra,

Just want to let you know I'm here but I don't have time to reply

Have a great day everybody.
Will be back later on this evening.

Essie
Old 02-15-2001, 10:44 PM   #29  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, good job on the loss. You're doing it right!! It's great that you're exercising so much.

Zoe, we can't let this go, we have to keep up our momentum and start posting losses. I know how you feel about having a baby now at our age. I would do it in a minute. But then reality sets in and I think of how nice it is to be free, and have grown kids. My mom had my sister when she was 42....no thanks!!

Terri, Bruce is so thoughtful, what a nice gift. I hope you take advantage of every minute of it, especially when he's there!

Have you noticed that all of us here have such great husbands? http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif It's so nice to hear women speak highly of their guys. Too many put them down, or complain about them.

Dianne, Essie, hi!! Hope you're both well.

till later,
~Jen

Old 02-16-2001, 01:16 AM   #30  

Hi yous guys:

Jen -- you are so right -- we do have great husbands, and that's because we are great wives. No humility here, LOL! We are very lucky in the husband department. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Terri -- I gave my husband a gift certificate to a spa to get a swedish massage! He was so thrilled. He's always asking me to rub his back -- now he'll get a professional to do it with oils, etc. for a whole hr! He will be in heaven! mmmm -- maybe I should go with him to make sure he gets nothing "extra" http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//umm.giflol! Enjoy your weekend Terri, sounds great.

Myra -- congrats on your loss and all your exercising -- its paying off, you go girl!

Zoe -- please don't worry about .2 -- you are doing great. Just think of all you've lost already and remember this is for life. We are going to have ups and downs or we wouldn't be normal! I think you've done amazing and I'm proud of you!

Essie -- Hi hon, how are you? You were in a big rush to get to work today?? Hope you're having a great day. Talk to you later.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Dianne

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 02-15-2001).]
Closed Thread