Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2000, 08:37 PM   #16  

Essie,
The morning one counts. No more weighing, especially after Chinese. When I eat Chinese I don't even walk past a scale for at least 3 days. LOL Down 3 lbs. is great! WWWWHHHOOOO!
Can't wait to hear from you!!!
luv ya all!
Terri
Old 12-04-2000, 08:56 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Birthday Dianne!
Best wishes to you on your special day....and many many more healthy ones to come! How are you celebrating your day?

How was everyone's weekend? I had a busy one, my daughter spent the weekend with us, left the kids at home w/her hubby. She and her brother went to a concert on Sat. evening, then she accompanied her dad yesterday when he did his Christmas shopping. While I love my grandsons dearly, it was so neat to have just Joe and I and our two kids together again.

Essie, I would definitely count it as a 3 pound loss.....awesome!!! Good going!

Myra, hope you're well, I've been saying prayers for you.

Terri, HI!

"Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to."

Hope everyone's Monday is great
Jen

Old 12-04-2000, 10:58 PM   #18  

Happy birthday Dianne! Hope you have a special Day!

Hi Jen,
When I go to Ohio my sister and I will go and sneak a night or two w/o kids and stay with my mom. We love it! It is so much fun. Glad you had a good time.

Hi to Essie, Myra, and everyone else. Satin and Pookamoon are you out there? We would love to hear from you.
Terri
Old 12-05-2000, 02:20 AM   #19  

Jen & Terri - thanks so much for remembering my birthday, that's so sweet. My husband is taking me to dinner in the city (NYC, Jen, LOL) and to see "The Phantom of the Opera", which I have been wanting to see for a long time. He surprised me with the tickets. I usually bowl on Mondays on a league, but hey, bowling/Phantom -- what would you do?? LOL
I've heard its a wonderful play and I can't wait.

I hope you guys are all doing okay -- Essie, are you alright? I read your post and it made me nervous. I hope you will be okay -- ALL OF YOU!!! And congrats on your 3 lbs loss - I'd count it if I were you. Great job!

Jen - sounds like fun with you, hubby, son and daughter. My son came in for dinner from Manhattan last night for my birthday since he knew he would'nt be able to see me tonight. It was nice, just me, hubby son and daughter.
I hope they come home like that when they're older, especially my daughter. I'd love to be able to go shopping or to a movie with her when she's an adult, married with children. Although we're so close, she'll probably be in my house (with her kids) everyday!

Well, gotta go meet darling hubby. Love to you all.

P.S. Terri - I finally got to see the wonderful pictures of you and family (& bucky). I just forwarded your e-mail to my e-mail at work, that computer will open anything! I really enjoyed the pics. Feel like I really know you now. Thanks.

Dianne

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 12-04-2000).]
Old 12-05-2000, 02:22 AM   #20  

Thanks Dianne. Have agreat time tonight. let us know how it was. I love that music.
I would love to go to N.Y. and see some plays.
Terri
Old 12-05-2000, 06:17 AM   #21  

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to Dianne...............
Happy Birthday to yoooooouuuuuuuuuu
Clap, clap, clap, clap. You probably won't be reading this until tomorrow. I hope you had lots of fun!

Terri, I will definitely e-mail you tomorrow morning, promise. I've been sooooo tired these past couple of days. The Christmas shopping caught up with me I guess. We really need to plan a day where we can create a chat room for all of us to meet. By the way, I'm still working on those pictures.

Hi Myra, I will be okay. You guys have become my friends so I really don't mind telling you what's going on with me. I will e-mail you too. I hope you're feeling better.

Jen, the time you spent with your children sound so precious. When I spend time with my son, I enjoy every moment. We have a great time together. I took off work Dec. 21st to help him pick out some gifts for his aunts. We do this every yr. I am so looking forward to it.

Dianne, you're close by again huh. You're like maybe 45 to 50 miles away from Long Island. Small world isn't it? I really hope you had a great time.

Okay buddies, have a good night.
Love & {{{hugs}}}
Essie

Old 12-05-2000, 08:09 AM   #22  

Can't wait to hear from you Essie. You are just so sweet. You all are. I'm glad to call you friends.
Night!!!!!
Terri
Old 12-05-2000, 05:17 PM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Hope you enjoyed your birthday date! How was the Phantom? I bowled on leagues in the past, and like it, but you're right....given the choice of Phantom/bowling, I'd have made the same choice!

Essie,
I agree, it'd be great if we could all get together in a chat room. We should plan a holiday chat for our little group. Hope you're feeling rested; put your feet up and take care of you!

Terri,
I, too, am still working on the family photos. Told you I was computer challenged! Jessica scanned and loaded pics of her boys when she was here, now I've just got to get my son to give me my lesson on how to mail them!

Myra,
How are you? Take care of yourself. We're thinking of you.

It seems as though our group has dwindled. Satin, Mary, Pookamon...if you're lurking, stop and say hi!

I'm feeling pretty motivated this week. Perhaps it's the full moon? At any rate, I'm not struggling to stay OP, the food choices are easy this week, and I'm drinking lots of water. Feels good!

"It's not a bad little tree. All it needs is a little love."

~Jen

Old 12-05-2000, 05:26 PM   #24  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm OK, but I'll be better after my D&C Wednesday.

Happy Birthday Dianne!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Myra
Old 12-05-2000, 05:34 PM   #25  

Good morning everyone;
Jen - you and I were posting about the same time this morning. I had a great time last night. The Phantom was fantastic - the music was so beautiful. We went out to eat afterwards at a place call Chevy's (mexican). I'm really not crazy about mexican food, but I stuck to something simple, grilled chicken and grilled shrimps. Also, rice and beans. Didn't eat all that other stuff - guacamole, different sauces, etc. That stuff kills my innards, LOL. But it was a great night, thanks. Glad to hear you're having a good on-program week. Way to go.

Essie - thanks so much for singing happy birthday to me -- I heard it from Long Island to Queens, LOL. I hope everything is okay with you, this is a hectic time of the year, so take time out to take care of yourself. If you want to talk or anything, my e-mail address is [email protected]. That goes for any of you guys.

Myra -- you and I were posting at the same time -- didn't see yours until after I sent my reply. Thanks for the birthday wishes and good luck to you on Wednesday. Take care.

Hi terri - hope all is well with you. Will try to come on again later. Have a great day everyone.

Dianne

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 12-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 12-05-2000).]
Old 12-05-2000, 09:18 PM   #26  

Dianne,
I am so glad that you had a good time. Happy Birthday again. Dinner sounded yummy!

Jen,
Can't wait to see the pictures. Love your quotes. They are so cute. Thanks for lifting my spirits every day.

Myra,
I'll be with you in spirit. Take care. Everything will be all right. :holding your hand:

Essie,
Take care of yourself. You are such a sweetie.

I found a humorous book that I bought while waiting for my sons at the Poke'mon league at Books A Million. You drink coffee and read and they get you every time.
It is called: "Jumpstart Your Metabolism"
by Pam Grout. I love it. It talks about why breathing the correct way will speed the metabolism. It makes sense. It is a fun read.

Luv ya all,
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 12-05-2000).]
Old 12-06-2000, 05:52 AM   #27  

Hello

There really aren't enough hours in a day. Geeezzz time seems to be flying. I joined a gym I useto be a member. It's 10 minutes from my job & around 15 min. from home. Now I have to figure when will be a good time to go. I'm not going to think about it till after Christmas. As I was sitting there filling out the forms, I happened to look up & my niece was walking out of the workout room!!!! We were both so happy to see eachother. She loves it that'll I'll be taking the aerobics classes because she always wanted to try it but was afraid to do it by herself. She's so pretty & such a good girl (20 yrs. old)

Myra, I'm praying for you. You're going to be just fine. Keep the faith my friend

Terri, you are just too funny. They get you too don't they. Anything that has to do with dieting, there I am quick to buy it or try it. I don't know if that's the same woman who made a video about how to lose weight by breathing a certain way. I saw that video with my husband & we were hysterical. I'm not saying it doesn't work but what you have to do just looked so funny LOL.

Birthday Girl I'm glad to hear you had a nice time. I'm not crazy about mexican food either. The girls I work with love it. I went once & felt so sick afterwards. Too rich for me. At least you made healthier choices. I'll try to e-mail you before the weekend.

Jen, you go girl! Send some of that motivation my way. Only kidding. I've been pretty good this week too. After the holidays I am planning to be extremely consistent with my workouts. One thing I haven't been eating is fruit. I don't even know why. I usually have 1/2 banana with my cereal in the morning but that's it. Has anyone tried Harmony cereal "for women"?

Well, my friends I'm going to say goodnight for now. You are all very kind. Thanks for all your support.

God bless you all.
Myra, you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Is it this Wed.? I'll be praying by my desk for you

Love,
Essie
Old 12-06-2000, 09:01 PM   #28  

Good luck Myra!!! I'm praying for you.

Essie,
I know that is funny. The breathing does help though. I did oxycise 2 summers ago. (Don't know why I quit.) I lost w/o dieting and felt full of energy. Then life got in the "weigh". I'm starting again over Christmas. It is the easiest thing to do in a crowded house during Christmas in Ohio.
This books explains why it works and Bruce said the logistics make sense. You know, Engineers they have to analyze everything that pertains to scientific fact.

Hi everybody!!!!
Terri
Old 12-07-2000, 06:45 AM   #29  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
I always chose a Mexican restaurant for dinner on my birthday; it's my favorite cuisine...cheese, guacamole,mmmmmmm. Which also explains the weight I'm at! I could eat Mexican food every day. You did well by skipping the guacamole, etc! Glad you had a happy birthday.

Myra, I've been thinking of you today, and hope your procedure went okay. Take care of yourself and know that you're in our prayers.

Terri, my sister-in-law was reading that book during the summer. Don't know if she tried it, she's been losing using the xenical pill. Not for me, but it works for her, she had quite a bit to lose, and has lost 85 lbs. so far.

Essie, good for you on joining the gym! It'll be nice that you have someone to take the classes with. I'd love to have an exercise buddy near me: I live in the burbs, and my family and friends are in the city. Gotta go out and meet new people! I've never heard of that cereal for women.....what does it do that makes it unique for women?

Went into the city for a haircut today and had lunch with my older sister. She's going through her 2nd (!) divorce, but is handling it well. She is the mom of 6 beautiful grown daughters, and the grandmom of 10 ! And she's only 53. Anyhow, we had a nice visit.

I'm registering at our community college tomorrow to take some classes in January. I never went to college, and really looking forward to this next phase in my life. I made the appt. to talk to an advisor, and I'm really psyched about this!

It's been 3 months since I quit my job. I absolutely love being home and being a homemaker. However, I didn't anticipate missing the mental challenge of working, or the interaction with other people. Taking some classes should help fill the gap.

Jen

Old 12-07-2000, 08:42 AM   #30  

Myra -- been thinking of you today -- hope everything went well. Take care, hope to talk to you soon.

Essie - great on joining the gym. That will probably motivate you, especially since you'll want to go since you paid for it, right? And its really nice that your niece goes also, you'll have some company. Have fun!

Jen - going to school, that's wonderful. I'm psyched for you! It should be great, meeting new people, etc. Don't forget about your buddies here, LOL. Keep us filled in. Wow, your sister has 6 daughters, amazing! I can't imagine how that must be -- lotta work, I bet, even though they are grown. Your sister must lead a busy life with all those grandchildren -- I know I do! But's its fun. We're expecting #13 next April.

Terri - I don't know anything at all about the losing weight by breathing technique, but whatever works is fine with me. Let me know how that goes.

Hi to Pookemoon, Mary and Satin, where ever you all are!

Gotta go - talk to you all again soon. Take care.

Dianne
Closed Thread