Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 07:17 AM   #16  

Hello Ladies,

Jen, I have a cat that's 15 yrs old. I'll miss her so much when her times comes. So sorry

Points, how's it going?

LM, there's nothing like that good ole exercise

WW is calling me back!!! I'm an At Home ww. They sent me a coupon to re-join at $9.95. That's the lowest offer they've ever made in Long Island. I'm rejoining for the 100th time, not sure if tomorrow morning or Sat morning.

Be back tomorrow
Old 09-01-2000, 08:06 PM   #17  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Living Fit,

Where on LI are you from. I'm originally from Commack but lived several other places on the Island too before I moved upstate in Monroe, NY.

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 09-01-2000, 08:57 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for your condolences. We're feeling better every day about losing Zak, but will always remember him fondly.

Terri, your husband broke his leg in 3 places? Ouch! Not to mention that when a certain someone around here has a cold or the flu, he's the worst patient...I can't imagine him being laid up w/something like that!

LM, maintaining is just as hard as losing! Good for you. I admire your working out so hard. I have to talk myself into exercising.

Living fit, it doesn't matter how many times you re-join WW. What does matter is that you're doing it! It looks as though I may be heading through their doors soon if it doesn't "click" again for me. So far I've been OP about 75% each day. Good luck!

My husband comes home tonight after being in N.Y. for 10 days. Even though we've been married forever, I feel like a teenager anticipating his return! Whoever said absence makes the heart grow fonder was exactly right.

Have to go...laundry and housecleaning await. Then I've got to go for a walk!

Jen
Old 09-01-2000, 09:17 PM   #19  

Livingfit,
This time might be the charm. We've all been there. For those who haven't been there hopefully you won't go there.
Good Luck! You will do fine! Keep us posted!

Jen,
DH has been pretty good considering. He's been worse with the colds. Go figure!
That is great that you miss hubby. I feel the same when my goes and comes back! :blush:

Have a great day everybody!
Terri
Old 09-02-2000, 05:39 AM   #20  

Myra, I started out at Brentwwod, then Coram, now I'm in East Patchogue. I love the east end. I would go out even further but I don't want to be too far away from my job & my family.

Jen, we are in the same boat. I'm OP around 80% each day but come the evenings I go over a bit. I figured before it really gets out of hand I better go back. I'm looking forward to going back & I like the fact that Sat. it's at 8:00 am.

Terri, how did your hubby break his leg in 3 places? I probably asked you this before but after awhile reading so many posts I forget who said what or is this life after 40. LOL

Have a nice evening everyone
Old 09-02-2000, 06:02 AM   #21  

Hi guys, have not been op and didn't want to post...I must be getting bad, even my DH mentioned my eating..wondering when I was going to stop..I will, I will!! I myself always start with good intentions...but I also mess up toward eventing...I will get back on the horse, promise..

Next week we have family coming in for the wedding...including daughter..She will drag me to the gym i am sure...We will eat good and then kinda have a little fun at the wedding..then back on track after the wedding. Plans coming along well as long as it doesn't rain!!!

bye for now

harley

Old 09-02-2000, 10:16 AM   #22  

Livingfit- Now don't laugh!
He was putting safety rails on the treehouse he was building. Can we say IRONIC!!!!
Poor thing.
Have a great weekend!

Harley, Good luck with the wedding. I'm glad it worked out! Don't worry you will get back on when things settle down! Have fun! Don't cry too much when you see her as a bride.
Terri
Old 09-02-2000, 02:31 PM   #23  

Hi, I am learning so this is a test.....
Old 09-02-2000, 02:37 PM   #24  

Ok, I figured it out. I am so impressed with everyone trying so hard to stay OP. I have been really trying but Saturday is my birthday and I plan to blow it completely, then spend the rest of the week working it off. Our meetings (Tucson, Arizona) are on Monday and with Labor Day off, I have some time to repent.... I am new here and really need help, I have 15 more pounds to loose and the last three weeks I have gained, so I am here for support and I want to Thank You ALL for being here to help out...
Old 09-02-2000, 05:59 PM   #25  

Happy Birthday Pookamoon!!! Enjoy your special day Are you going to meetings? Now that you mentioned Labor Day I better check to see if in Long Island they have a regular schedule. I'm planning to rejoin this morning.

Terri, I'll get back to you later. I just realized the time!!!
Old 09-02-2000, 10:27 PM   #26  

Hi everyone. Glad to see this message board perk up a bit! Hope all the "oldies" who are just lurking and off program come back to post. It's tough to get back on program and maybe just posting and letting us know what you are up to will help you along.

I am not counting points but probably am staying mostly on program. I bring my lunch and eat in my classroom. I don't go into the teacher's lounge anymore during lunch because I don't want to see (or smell) what everyone else is enjoying! I bring a couple of pieces of fruit and eat those during the day. Drinking my water hasn't been a problem. I have a glass handy all day. Dinner has been mostly OK. I just need to get back to journaling and counting those points! I also need to get in some exercise.

Harley - You must be so excited to have the wedding so close! I know you struggled with all of the arrangements for so long. I am glad it is all working out OK. You will probably be too busy and excited to overeat.

Happy Birthday Pookamoon! Eat a bite of cake for me!

Jen - Welcome back! I am soooooo jealous that you are retired! I love my job teaching but I wish I had more time for myself.

Hope everyone has a great week OP!

Beth
233/224/150

Old 09-02-2000, 11:08 PM   #27  

Good Afternoon everyone - this is my first time here, hope I qualify (47). I am a lifetime member since 1995, lost 30 lbs in 6 months, kept it off for 4 years. Then I got over-confident and stopped going to ww for 14 months. Big mistake - HUGE! Needless to say I put back some of the weight (half actually).

Realized things were only going to get worse and should go back before I put back all 30 lbs. So, a few weeks ago I re-joined and I've lost 7 lbs so far. It feels good to be back and losing again.

I know I have to go to meetings or I'm just not going to stay on program. I guess if I think about this positively, I'll realize that it could have been worse and I'm glad I returned now.

It's great to be here and I hope to speak to all of you again soon. Good luck this weekend, I know it will be difficult, but we can all do it. Have a great weekend all!

Decemberdianne
Old 09-03-2000, 03:05 AM   #28  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Livingfit,

Wow! I lived in Coram for a year or two and then Rocky Point for about six. I love it out east too! Now I'm up north a little. About an hour, hour and a half north of NYC in Orange County

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 09-03-2000, 07:51 AM   #29  

Myra, I met someone else here that her parents lived in the same apartment complex, La Bonne Vie some yrs ago. Even though you're some miles away, I just want to say it's a pleasure meeting you even if it is in cyberspace

Enjoy your week-end.
Old 09-03-2000, 07:39 PM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Decemberdianne, welcome! You're the same age as me, 47, and of course, you'll fit right in. Keeping your weight off for 4 years is something to be proud of...with that kind of discipline you shouldn't have any problem getting back OP. Good luck!

Pookamoon....welcome and happy birthday! I know that you'll find the support here that you're looking for. Good luck!

Weekends here are generally crazy. Daughter and her family live about 30 miles away, so they stay overnight when we spend the weekends together. A 4 year old and a newborn really change our routines! But I love every minute of it...the toys everywhere, and crumbs all over the kitchen floor. Keeps us young.

I've tried to exercise every day this week. Took a walk yesterday morning, and am going to do the same as soon as my grandson wakes up to go with me.

Harley, good luck with the wedding. Make sure to enjoy every minute of it, the day will go by so quickly!

I've got to make an effort to get in more water each day. When I was working, it was impossible to drink at work. Now that I'm home I have no excuses. That's my challenge for this coming week.

Have a great day everyone!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 09-03-2000).]
Closed Thread