Thursday Lady

Maureen
congratulations!!!!!
That's wonderful

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #32  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, If the weather is bad on the day of a funeral, it's because the "Angels are crying" I know your mother loved the service and is at peace. I am glad so many of your family was able to come. I hope you are feeling better and your tummy is not so sore. Are you still in a lot of pain?

Maureen I'm so happy you got the job! It sounds interesting and very busy!!!!

Tammy, how are you feeling?
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #33  
Thursday Lady

Good morning!!!
It's supposed to warm up here this week. Yea!
I'm keeping my weight down even though my appetite has improved.
Still very, very sore, especially over the incision. I think Larry is going to call the surgeon and find out if that's okay. I can't get anywhere with his nurse!
Tammy, are you better? Have you had any more headaches?

Dori, you can do this!!!!! Don't give up. That's what we're here for, to help you.
Susan, that's a sweet idea about the angels crying.

Maureen, that is soooo great about your job. I'm so happy for you.

Jeanne, now when is your getaway going to start?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #34  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thursday-
It's been kind of quiet around here. Maybe we're not all getting messages about postings. That happens to me a lot.

Am going to talk to the doctor today. I'm feeling much better now that I've crossed the 4-week mark. Buy, this soreness is almost too much at times.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #35  
Susan

I thought I wasn't getting any notices but no one is writing. It's been spring break here. Pat took the week off and we did all kinds of things. We got the vegetable garden in so be ready for some veggies this summer.

I'm not ready to go back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a new job!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! We ate dinner tonight at a Tapa place. It was really good. We tried all different kinds of things.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #36  
Thursday Lady

Hi Susan, it's good to hear from you.
I guess that I'm out of the loop because I don't know what a Tapa place is.
I am so hungry for Mexican food. It's been over a month since I've had any. Maybe I can get Larry to go get some take-out this week.

Hope everyone is okay.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #37  
Susan

At Tapa places, you order a little bit of what you want. It will come with one serving and you get several. This is the first time we went to this place. We asked the guy and he said for 2 people normally you get about 5 or 6 tapas. So Pat ordered humus and pita bread for both of us (that was one), chicken, spicy potatoes, chorrizo, and something else. I got 4 shrimp and then an artichoke and olive mixture. You get a small serving of what you order, so the nice thing is that you don't leave stuffed. Oh and Pat got a lemon-lime cake. It was yummy too. The food was a Spanish/ Mediterrian type, it was really good.

Probably not the best description but the best I could do
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #38  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Tina - Sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. s

Hello girls. It seems as though I have no time to visit with you all. Things are busy as always. Between work, school, church, and baseball practice I barely have time to catch my breath. I'm still struggling in almost all aspects, but know that it's because of my unwillingness to let things go and let God take care of it. Sigh. Not much more to say at this point. I'll try to check in on a more regular basis.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Dori, I'm so glad to hear from you. Thank you for all your s. I still need them.
You are a very busy person. We are here for you. Please keep checking in. YOU can do this!!!

Tammy, how is your health.

Susan, thanks for explaining about that tapa. It sounds a lot like the concept of dim sum places. Have you ever been to those?
How was the first day back at work???

Jeanne, you haven't been here in quite a while. Did y'all take your getaway?

Maureen, how is your new job? Have you had time to roller blade lately?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone
almost done with week 2 of this job-it's a job-hopefully my last one-I'm liking it-the people are very nice-time will tell-I am on 3 months probation(this is pretty standard anywhere)-as soon as my security clearance is upgraded I'll pretty much be on my own. I bought a Jack Lelanne juicer Saturday-so I'm going to give that a try-I can't do any worse than what I have been doing-I'm sitting here with juice drink mixture of potatoes, beets, celery, carrots, tomatoes a bit of lettuce and a small piece of ginger-doesn't taste too bad-
well have a good evening and I'll be here more often
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #41  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!
We are back from vacation. Urghhhh! I came back to work yesterday and yawned ALL DAY!! I couldn't get enough sleep. Went home last night and fell asleep around 8 PM and slept till 8 AM this morning! Funny how a restful vacation can be so tiring!
We had some cool weather the first couple of days and then sunny and 70's the rest of the time. We went to the Dixie Stampede dinner & show one night - super nice time! Then we went to the Carolina Opry two different nights, one for "Good Vibrations" which was music from the 60's, 70's, & 80's! SUPER FUN! Then we went to another show there for the country music. It was good too, but not as good as Good Vibrations.
Spent a couple of days laying on the beach and we ate tons of fresh seafood!

The kids did great. Kaitlin (16) was suppose to text her sister when she got to school and let her know that she got there ok. (her commute is about 35 min.) So Jessica (21 & in charge) called school!!! haha! Kaitlin was so mad.

Another funny story, school called us on our cell..........yep........Katilin was in the bathroom and her phone fell out of her pants pocket into the toilet, the big problem was it was an auto flusher. So, when she stood up to grab it real quick - it got sucked down the toilet! Poor Kait!

Otherwise....................everyone did just fine!

I was reading your posts and catching up! I'm glad everyone is doing ok. Tina - I hope you got my pm! Again, I'm soooo sorry about your mom. I'm sure your mom & my mom are in heaven having a cup of coffee and talking about us right now!

Gotta scoot cause I am at work! I'll catch up more later this evening.
Big hugs out to all of you!
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne----I got your PM (thank you) and I sent you one!!!!!

Last edited by Tina; 03-24-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #43  
jeanne

PS - my avatar is right off of our deck!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #44  
jeanne

Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a good week!
Good Luck with WI's!

Last edited by jar1965; 03-26-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #45  

Happy Thursday!

Maureen, glad to hear the new job is going well.

Jeanne, I want to go away!

Susan, the tapa place sounds interesting!

Dori, you are way too busy! I'm like you knowing that I need to turn things over to God, but sometimes I want to be in charge even though I know better.

Tina, did you ever get your Mexican food?

I'm feeling pretty good even though I'm upset that the steroids made me gain a few pounds. I'm off of them now, so hopefully those pounds will go away. Not changing my butterfly because I'm stubborn!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote