Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #46  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi great friends!!!!! Wow..........What a busy thread this has been!!! I'm soo glad to see that!

I SURVIVED VALENTINES DAY! I guess! hahah! Depends on how you look at it! I definately didn't eat right the 12th, 13th, & 14th and then I worked the 15th in our Pittsburgh store! I NEED VEGETABLES! (unless all the chocolate covered strawberries I ate, count?!?!?) haha! I'm actually craving veggies!!! I haven't sat down to a meal in 8 days! Urgh!

ANYWAYS.........we are headed out the door within the next 1/2 hour for a 2 day "romantic" getaway! I'll let you know how that goes when I get back! We are going to a jacuzzi/spa retreat a couple of hours away from here for our anniversary (Weds.) and our VALENTINES!

Well, I have tons to talk about but I think Bob is ready to go! Tell me the kids will be fine!!!! yikes! This makes me nervous!!! haha!

Talk to you In a couple of days! Lots of hugs and OP encouragement! A big welcome out to GirlyPink!!! Wooohoooo, great job on that loss! WOW!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

Maureen, it's soooooo good to have you back with us.
You have been missed. Boo to that computer freezing up.

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 9 a.m.
I wasn't stressed out until today. I've been getting everything done around here, washing clothes, buying groceries, going to see my mother. I had planned on doing nothing today. That didn't work out.
However, Larry says that we're going out tonight for pasta.

Think about me tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll be home in my bed by the afternoon......with lots of pain pills.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #48  

First, a Tina update! Larry called a short while ago. Surgery went well, a bigger incision had to be made so Tina will be staying in the hospital overnight. I told him to give her a hug but not too tight of a hug!

Caroline, welcome to the thread and WAY TO GO on that 6 pounds!! Keep it up, and keep posting!!

Maureen, great to hear from you. My computer has been freezing up at times too. maybe we're related! Good luck with the 1 month assignment. Let us know how things are going.

Jeanne, hope you are having a great time on your get away!! I'm sure the kids are fine.

Tina, it sounds like you stayed busy yesterday!!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #49  

Forgot this. Have any of you ever done a spinning class? Oh my word! Our aerobics instructor took us to the spinning room at the Y yesterday since we had a small class for some reason. My behind hurts from that bike seat! It was an excellent workout, I do have to admit. I had to get off and just sit on the floor partway through because I thought I was going to throw up and pass out. Not a good feeling!! If our class is small on Wed. and Fri., we are doing it again. Pray for me!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #50  
jeanne

Hi Tina! Thinking of you!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #51  
jeanne

Hi again Tina!!! Hope you are feeling ok! Hugs!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #52  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tina is home and recuperating. The incision was enormous and she is having a lot of pain (using two pain medicines). She hasn't been eating much, and has to sleep on the sofa (because she can't get out of the bed, even with my help). She goes to the doctor on Thursday
Tina says she hopes everyone is ok. Thank you for all the prayers!
Larry
Old 02-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #53  
jeanne

thank you larry! She has been on my mind! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Larry thank you for keeping us all posted-say hi to Tina for me-tell her we're still getting more snow here lol
Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #55  

Glad to hear the update from Larry. It was good talking to him on the phone the other day.

On Wed. we did the spinning class stuff again. I didn't make it as long as I did on Monday. I started feeling sick not long after I got on the bike. I've had some sinus stuff going on, so I wonder if I'm getting another ear infection. Anyway, I ended up walking on the treadmill for the rest of that class. Today we didn't do the bikes, we went back to the aerobics room. We did weights, aerobics, exercise balls, and jump ropes. Oh my! We sure have been getting some great workouts.

I told Tim that we need to go to the Y over the weekend so he can give me instructions on the eliptical thing. I tried it once, and apparently I'm not too bright or not too coordinated! What a sight I was!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #56  
jeanne

haha Tammy! I hear ya on those spinning and eliptical things..........jess makes me look like a clown!!! haha!
Good idea having tim show you!

Hi everyone!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #57  
Susan

Now ya'll are going to think I'm crazy but I love the ellipitical and the spinning classes. However, I learned the ellipitical by just getting on and going like 2-3 minutes at a time. It's hard. I slowly increased my time. Now I go about 30-40 minutes. I use one that the handles don't move because the one where your hands and arms are going is a little too much for me.

The spinning class, I walked in and looked lost. The instructor came over and made all the adjustments on the bike for me and said my goal was to just stay in class that day. So I go at my own pace, if they are standing sometimes I sit. I don't get to that class often and love it. (I think the instructor has a crush on me because he said 'are you still married? Because you know you are my favorite." I was a little embarrassed.

Off to do lesson plans!! YUCK!!! I am ready for summer!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #58  
jeanne

haha! funny Susan! Jessica LOVES them too!!!!!!
And...........cool...........on the little flirt!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #59  
Thursday Lady

Greetings!
Okay, abdominal surgery is the pits!!!
It hurts so bad. I look like I'm pregnant, too.
I can't wear anything but my caftan or a house dress.

I just read about the spinning class. Ouch

Thanks to everyone for their prayers. I go to the dr. on Thursday. Maybe he'll take out all these staples.

Last edited by Tina; 02-22-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #60  
Susan

Thought you'd get a kick out of the flirt.

Tina, You poor thing!!!! I can't even imagine! Hopefully you will some relief when the staples come out. They are uncomfortable. Just lounge around and do nothing. Prayers are being sent your way!!!!
Closed Thread