Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Tuesday all! Well I have good and bad news... The bad news is the weight loss is not going so well, I seem to keep doing things that I know I should not do! The good news is that I found a job! It is a contract position for 14 months as a project coordinator for a large insurance company... I will actually make more then I do now and it was my very first interview! I feel very very blessed and am looking forward to the change. I am also very nervous and scared about starting a new job and having the pressure of coming up to speed as quickly as they need someone to. All in all it was a very overwhelming week last week. I start my new job tomorrow.

Best wishes to everyone for a great week.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Oh Princess, this is fabulous news!!!!!!! You will do great on your job. You'll definitely be up to speed as you are competent and smart. Congrats big time for doing so well on your interview! Phew!

Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - that is a great idea for your costume & good job on pointing out your food properly.

Princess - I am sooooooo happy for you with your new job! What a relief that must be - finiancial stress is really bad. Congrats!!!

Everyone else - hope you are all journalling, drinking water & getting in some exercise!

Have a good OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #34  
Chick

Hi I'm journaling and got to my WW WI this morning. I was up from my last official WI, but I'm down from vacation. Now I have to put "yo yo" out of my vocabulary and do this!
Good luck to all---and especially Princess on her first day at her new job.

Judy
Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #35  

All: We had another crisis on Monday. <sigh> And then I couldn't (or rather, I didn't!) get to working out on Tuesday. I made it tonight, but had to quit after about 20 minutes. My stupid new shoes are so big I was sliding around, and in step class, that means you're likely to twist or break something. I'll have to return them and get new ones. I'm not doing well on tracking points or even working out, but I can fix this...right now, I'm focusing on getting back into working out 3x a week and not letting work override my fitness and health goals. As we enter deadline season at my company (all our work is grant based, so there are MANY projects due at the end of the year), things are going to get frantic.

But, if nothing else, I will NOT go above my allowed goal amount. If I can stay below 142 and work out 3x a week until the end of the year, I will consider myself successful. Wish me luck.

Judy: Thank you. I'm thinking I'll put off the house buying for another six months to a year, we've had some uncertainty at work and my parents can't help me with a downpayment anymore. Their retirement account has lost too much in the market downturn. They need to keep the money there so it can gain value again. Your party sounds like fun, and what a creative costume. Enjoy! (Also, down from vacation is good!)

Princess, that is so WONDERFUL! Congrats on the new job! Re the weight issues -- you'll get back on track. A tiny snafu, that's all. You are so determined and dilligent, as long as you keep going, you can only succeed.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #36  

Morning, turtles:

Hope you are all doing well.

I was down 4# this week at my Tops meeting, so was very pleased about that. I really focussed this week & it sure paid off.

My gf coming for dinner tonight & she is bring pork to cook with stir veggies & rice & of couse, our wine. So looking forward to a nice quiet evening.

Hope you all have a great OP day & good luck this week, everyone.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #37  

Morning all.

Bandit, did you have fun with your GF?

It took me a while to get out of work yesterday, but I still went to the gym for 30 minutes, lifted weights. Better than nothing. I figure if I can get into a routine it will be esaier to get out the door on time.

Counted points yesterday. On points except the oil I used to make my dinner; I probably used 2 tbsp of olive oil to make my grilled cheese. However, I don't really get the oil we're supposed to get, so I guess that's just 3 days worth. I don't use oil and that kind of thing a lot to cook food. I had been using Pam, but it makes my pain incredibly sticky.

Maybe I just need to buy one (or two) new non-stick sandwhich-sized skillets and call it a day?

Anyway, TGIF! Heading out. Have a good day ladies.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #38  
Chick

Bandit, : weigh to go! That is an amazing weight loss. Oh, I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work. Hey, that spider is looking mighty good. Yay!

Ariana, I like your realistic goals for now till the end of December. It would be very easy to bemoan and say "I can't do this; things are too stressful, etc. etc." but you're not doing that. You are saying that if I do these stated things like exercising 3X weekly I can accomplish my goals. Good for you!

I am going to restate my goals. Exercise 3X a week, stay at my daily points and record them, use 35flex points when I need them, and concentrate on joy in other places than food.

Good luck to us all. Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all!

Well it has been a crazy busy week, the job is going well so far, I have made a couple of mistakes but I will chalk it up to getting used to my surroundings.

I only have a minute so will have to stop back by over the weekend to do posts to each of you but wanted to pop in for a quick minute.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #40  

Ladies: Well, I made it to the gym for a third time this week tonight, so I made that part of the goal for this week. I went out to dinner with a friend. It's very hard to point out restaurant food, but I had 3 pieces of a 12 inch, very thin crust, and a salad with lots of veggies and a little corn, a tiny bit of cheese, and a small amount of dressing, so, maybe, 4 points for the salad and 8 for the pizza? Something like that. Anyway. I was strong -- I was craving sweets, so I got a desert at starbucks, but I only ate half of it (3 points for half and gave the rest away) and I resisted a 4th piece of pizza at dinner, because I wanted it, but I wasn't really hungry. (I always want the food if it's there in front of me. It's compulsive. That's one of the reasons I have to measure out my food.)

Judy -- thanks for the support! I appreciate it. The best of luck on your goals -- you can do it!

Princess -- to err is human, right? They expect you to make mistakes when you first start. Just do the best you can do, and I'm sure you'll shine.

Anyway, I have to be up ridiculously early in order to help a friend move, so time for a shower and some sleep. G'night all.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #41  

Hi everyone:

Thank you for the congrats - nice to have all your support.

I have stayed on track this weekend but think maybe my portions have been too large - so have to get back to smaller portions next week.

Made a nice dish today with leftover chili.
Cooked spaghetti squash topped with 3 cups leftover chil (no beans) and 1 cup shredded light mozzeralla. Baked @ 350 until cheese was melted.
This made about 6 servings @ 245 cal/serving - so guessing about 5 points.

Judy - nice job on restating your goals.

Princess - hope you are keeping on track this week.

Ariana - yes, my gf usually comes over once a week for dinner. She commutes to work but her work is closer to my houses than hers - so makes it easier to get together at this time. We try different recipes so makes it fun.

For Tops next week we were asked to fill out our goals that we would like to meet by Dec 17th which is our last w/i of the year. My goal is to lose 8# by then - I think that is realistic since we will soon be into the Christmas party season.

Here's to us all focussing, exercising, drinking water & making better choices.

Go Turtles!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #42  

Ladies: I'm tired, and cranky. I keep getting out of work late, and my spin teacher has apparently been snippy about people who come in late. Crikey. My hip hurts, I was limping today. I'm hoping it's only temporary. I hate the people who put out Halloween candy dishes -- well, okay, I don't hate them, I just hate that they can resist the candy. I had three pieces today, two smarties and a mini pack of M & M's, but I guess it could have been worse. ::sigh:: Going to go take a shower and see if the world doesn't look better afterwards. Take care and good night, ladies.

Bandit -- of course. We're happy to support you. It sounds like fun with your GF, and I think it's good you guys try out new stuff. If you have something good that's easy to share (a recipe), share ahead.

The best of luck on your goals.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #43  
Chick

Crazy busy day, but I'm doing my best to stay on track. I'll write later to you all, but just wanted to check in to let you know I'm still here.
Judy
Old 10-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #44  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Just a quick drive-by from me here ... congrats on the job, Princess! And WTG on the weight losses and exercising, everyone -- very inspirational.

I hit ONEDERLAND a week ago, which is onederful! A big boost to my motivation.

I'll write more when I can, but I'm thinking of you and rooting for you!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #45  

Ladies: Halloween=cranky. Ah well. Not going to make the gym 3x this week. My hips and my knees have been hurting. I think it's A) not working out until recently B) not stretching and C) old shoes. The new shoes arrived today, so there's hope. Going spinning tomorrow night. Friday, Halloween party.

Hey judy ::Wave::

Congrats on hitting onederland, Lauren! That's fantastic!

Hope you ladies are doing well.