Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #31  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

My Girls, I'm desperate & you have no idea what it's taking for me to ask for this. I need help.
The drs. are saying my husband has a few weeks to live & we didn't take out life insurance because he had it through his job. After 20 years the company told them they were moving. He had a buy out, paid all his bills so we could be bill free. At that time we didn't know he had cancer. We just found out 2 months ago. He's only 57 years & the kindest man you could ever meet. I want to have a decent memorial service for him. In the past we did decide when the time came we wanted to be cremated. I left my job, not permanently, to take care of him. We are going to get hospice but my insurance only covers a few visits. I am in a desperate situation. Just to give you an example of the type of man he is, when it snowed he would get his shovel & clean everybodys driveway, clean their cars & would not accept one cent. I can go on & on of this compassioante man who has gone from 175 lbs. down to 150 in 2 months. He has cancer everywhere. I'm trying to get enough money just for his cremation & a memorial service. We love the Lord. Since we moved & he got sick it's very hard to get him to church so the chuch we were going to we haven't been to in a very long time. I tried a few weeks ago & to get him there & it took so much out of him. Any donation would help us more than words can say. I don't know who else to turn to. SOme of his family helped but that paid our rent & medications. He's on 14 meds. We don't have much time according to the Drs.

God bless you.
Essie & Pete Rios
318 Walden Court
East Moriches NY 11940
(631)741-1837

I love you all very much. I'm in a very bad mental state. This is so embarrasing for me. If you know of anyplace I can go for financial help for terminal cancer patients please let me know. I don't have time to do research anymore. I'm taking care of him 24/7. In the mist of all this we're moving dowstairs. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Rios426; 10-13-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #32  

Oh Essie.
I am so so sorry. I always said how wonderful Pete is. He is an example of what all husbands should be. You are strong and I know with your family and friends you will be able to get through all of this. It will be so hard. Our prayers and our thoughts will always be with Pete, David and you.
I will definately help out as much as I can. You have always been a dear dear friend. Please stay with us and talk to us when you can. We love you!
Take care of that wonderful man and of yourself. Let others take of you. Let them in.
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF TOO!
Love you,
Terri and Britts
Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #33  

Essie, please know that you and Pete are in my prayers. I will drop a check in the mail tomorrow. I wish I could do so much more...please keep in touch when you can, we are here for you.

Love ya,
Ruthie
Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #34  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Es and Everyone

Ladies, I know that my "MO" is to pop in and out all the time. I've done this for almost 9 years now. I cannot believe that you all have been my friends for almost 9 years!!

I've been preoccupied myself because my own husband Greg, had a heart attack 2 months ago. He is going to be fine......but now, I come in and see that one of my dear, dear friends here, is going through something that can compare to nothing else.

Es, I am crying for you and your family. Over these last 9 years, we talk about our families all the time - and Pete has always been one of those guys that always seemed genuine and caring, loving and generous. My heart is breaking for you, for him and for your entire family.

As a born-again-Christ-loving-Jesus-believing Christian, you are all in my prayers. Please know that if I can help, I will.

And if you need a friend, just to talk, you can call ANY TIME. Just send me a private message and I will give you my phone number - just to have, just to keep in case you need someone to talk to. I know you have so many people there who you can lean - I'm just offering a new voice.

Love you my friend,
Patti aka Zoe ><>

Last edited by Zoe; 10-13-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
My dear friend, how my heart aches for you. Please know that we're here for you and Pete.
Concentrate on your love for each other, and know that we are all lifting you up.

On a more practical side...have you looked into Medicaid for Pete? Or SS disability? Check with the financial office/social services office of the hospital to see what they can do for you, as well as the American Cancer Society. In desperate times like this, absolutely do not be embarrassed to ask anyone and everyone for help.

love you,
Jen
Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #36  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe,
What a shock to read of Greg's heart attack. I am very glad to hear that he's doing well now. I hope you are as well. Joe had a heart attack 10 years ago when he was 46, and I know how stressful it was for us both.
Thinking of you both in my prayers.
love,
Jen
Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #37  

Zoe,
I am so sorry about Greg. I am so glad he will be ok. Same goes to you. We are here for you.
Es, We love you!!!
Terri
Old 10-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #38  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Es, mi amiga, there are no words to say except how sorry I am that you, Pete and David are going through this terrible time. Please don't ever feel embarrassed with us, I know I speak for all of us. I will send something shortly, and wish it could be more. I think of you all everyday and pray for you. God will carry you through this hard time, but you already know that.

One of the things I thought of is your church. Maybe you could speak to your pastor and let him know what is happening. He might be able to help you outright through the church funds or else take up a special collection. The church is there to help you in time of need. Please take care of yourself, I know that is hard, but you need to try. God bless all of you. Please keep in touch with us, we love you, amiga!

Hugs,
Dianne

P.s. ZoeGirl, so sorry to hear about Greg, but glad he's okay.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #39  

Good morning everyone...I hope everyone is doing okay. Zoe, so sorry to hear about Greg's heart attack. I know how scary that can be first hand. Maurice had one in March 2005, today he is doing great and the only medication he is on is an aspirin and cholesterol medicine.

Es, we love you and think of you everyday!! Please take care of yourself!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #40  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Looks as tho we're all MIA!

It seems as tho each day is flying by, we're already at the end of October!how does that happen?

Joey celebrated his 30th birthday on Thursday. We had dinner at Bob Chinn's with him and Ili, then on Friday night she threw a surprise party for him at Wildfire. (Great restaurants two nights in a row!)
It's hard to believe that my baby is 30.

Today is a sunny very very windy, cool day. Joe and I just put out the autumn decorations in front...cornstalks, scarecrows and mums. It looks nice, my favorite time of year.

Es, thinking of you and Pete and hope you're doing ok.
Hi to all.
hugs,
Jen
Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #41  

I wonder where the days are going myself. it's so hard to believe that it is only 2 months til Christmas. Time to start thinking about gifts for my 9 grans!! LOL

Yes, it appears things have slowed down alot on both threads that I post to. I've actually started using Sparkspeople. It's a neat side with a format kinda like myspace...but for people trying to lose weight and become healthier.

I would love to see photos of your yard. If you get a chance post a photo for us.

Well, I'm trying to study (seems like that is all I'm doing these days) so, I'll check back tomorrow. I check the site everyday...but hate being the only one to post...so I just wait til next person post after me.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #42  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi Jen & Ruthie:

Yes, it is really quiet in here and the time is flying! Can't belive Christmas is 2 mos away. I have to make out my chart of 16 grandchildren & 1 great grand child with names/ages, etc. Its the only way I can keep track

Willie & I were going to go to PR for christmas this year, but my car broke down, then he had a car accident (he's fine, thank God) and with everything else, it doesn't really look like a good idea. However, I am taking vacation as planned from 12/15 to 12/24 and then the university is closed from 12/25 to 1/5, so I'll wind up with 3 weeks vacation for the price of 8 days. Not bad! We will probably take a trip to Washingtin, which is what we had wanted to do in the summer. We can drive there in about 4 hrs. and we'll stay over for 2-3 nights and see the museums, etc.

Jen, I'm with you, Fall is my favorite season. I love the colors of the trees.

Ruthie, take a break from studying once in a while girl! lol.

Hi to Terry, ZoeGirl and Es, amiga, I'm thinking of you every day. God Bless!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #43  

Hi guys,
I am here. I check in most days. I miss everyone.
Es,
((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
Dianne,
Love Washington. Hope things go well with your cars. When it rains...

Jen,
Happy birthday to Joey. He is a popular guy.
Your yard sounds adorable.

Ruth,
I love Sparkpeople. I am so glad you are there.

My in-laws are here for a week. They wanted to see Brandon in the band and this week will be his last home game. It is parents and senior night.

I hope we stay in touch. Y'all mean so much.
Terri
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #44  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

I'm here too but not posting much. I check in to see the posts but right now I am in Atlanta on business.

I will be home late Thursday and maybe life will get back to normal.

ES - I am thinking of you and praying for you's guys
Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #45  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Hospice said Pete only has 1 or two weeks to live, I'm too devastated to post.

love always
es
Closed Thread