Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #16  

Back to school today. A truck with the produce didn't appear till the end of the day so we had to be creative with the salad bar. Our cupboards were bare since we were on Easter break.
Ann I had to laugh when you mentioned getting new spices. On one of our snow days D decided to clean out the pantry closets and rearrange. One of these days I will have to rearrange back. He did toss a lot of older spices. A different car is hard to get used to.
Maria maybe Allan will decide that this is his last contract. Can't they send him somewhere close by?
Trudy hope you are feeling better. There is a lot of stuff going around. I was looking at the absentee list at school and there is a lot of stomach stuff.
Judy WW is a great program. Karen used to be a leader. I had the best WW dessert a few weeks ago. I will have to find the recipe and post it. Do you make lots of quilts?
Suz wish I was close to get some of your veggies.
I have an 8am dr apt tomorrow for a cholesterol check up. Wish I knew a way to lose 10lbs overnight. LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #17  
creations

Just back from weighting in at WW. Down .8,didn't think I would lose anything with the holiday.
Tomorrow we both have a dr appointment,bright and early.
I make mostly baby quilts. Have made a few for wedding presents. Have a couple that need borders,so they can be quilted.

Judy
Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #18  

G'day all,

Well done Judy, you would have to be pretty happy with that loss.

I won't hold my breath about Alan's retirement. I will be convinced if he gets another offer in 6 months time and he knocks it back
For those of us retired, our investments are not doing great at the moment so that is another incentive that Alan feels he cannot say no.
I personally (and our financial advisor) think we are fine and just have to ride out this downturn but Alan is the pessimist when it comes to finance no matter what anyone says!

I haven't had a day yet that I have been at a loose end since Alan left and as I have said we speak and see each other using Skype several times a day.
I had to laugh at Matilda yesterday, we walked down the beach and a plane was going overhead. I told her I would be going on a plane like that soon to go to Malaysia and visit grandpa. She thought it would be a good idea if she came with me. I told her that mum and dad and Poppy would miss her too much. She then said: "well we could skype them and they will see us". She is not even 3 yet!!!!!

The weather is lovely and cool and we have even had a little rainthe garden has not noticed the rain yet

Cheers
Maria
Old 03-27-2008, 05:25 AM   #19  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
Well we got the 2 or 3 inches of snow they said we would get It took my DH about an hour to shovel it He said it was very wet and heavy it usually takes about 20 min to do the driveway and by mid morning the sun was shining and the temp got up to about 40 F

the green house plants are doing well we have had to take off the lids on the starter trays as the plants were touching the top As soon as we can see our raised beds in the garden we are going to put a top on one to help it melt the snow and warm up the ground a bit so we can plant some lettuce and spring onions

take care Suz
Old 03-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #20  
creations

Its snowing here,mostly melting. They said we could have around 3" today.
Went to dr this morning both my blood pressure and blood sugar are up. So he increased my medicne. But his scale weighs me 6# less than WW. I know every scale is difference. So we'll see next week.

Judy
Old 04-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #21  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Ladies
We have family coming in for the rest of the week so may not post again till after they go home
Take care Suz
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #22  
creations

Weight in this morning,down a lb. One member of our group got to goal this morning,117 lbs since March of last year. Been having trouble with low blood sugars during the night.

Judy S
Old 04-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #23  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone-
Not much going on here in sunny florida. I did go and get my hair cut today. I basically look like the female version of the old brush cut, just not so short on the sides. it is so easy to take care of, and no costly smelly perms.

Judy: good for you- down a lb. keep up the good work. So you are a quilter. Do you quilt by machine or by hand? I am hoping to start at another quilt this year. It takes me forever to do one, since I do it by hand.

Maria; Kids are so precocious at an early age now. There are so many more exciting things that we sure didn't have growing up. When do you plan to go and visit Alan? Is he enjoying his job there?

Suz: Sound like you have your gardening well under control. It is bad to shovel heavy wet snow. Dangerous for the heart. I'm glad we don't have to do that any more, ever.

Peggy- I bet you enjoyed your spring break. All the schools here are on break this week. And lots of our Snow-birds have flown north, so the traffic is gradually becomming less. You were mentioning a big absentee list at school. I was reading about schools that have a big problem with the MRSA bug. It is rather a scary thought that there is a super bug out there that antibiotics can't cure. Has your school had any problems?

Where is everyone? was Easter too much for you all?

We are having our last fling in April for the park activities. Sunday night we are having a Gospel sing and Strawberry shortcake night. And then on the 19th we are doing a Fifties night with supper and a fifties show.
Then things will calm down a lot as so many of the winter residents will be going back north.

Hope you are all haaving a good day. Ann
Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #24  
creations

I quilt both by hand and machine. I have a couple of tops that need borders and they will be ready to go. Need to get one done soon. As I want it on my bed for summer.

Judy
Old 04-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #25  
Member Florida Chick

I have a quilt that my Grandmother did, and it is applique. I want to copy it, but don't know how to go about it. I do know a lady who is very clever with quilts and I think she is going to help me.
Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 04-03-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #26  

G'day all,

Long time no see!
Well done Judy down a pound

Hope you are having a great time with your family Suz.

I will have to come back...visitors...

Maria
Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #27  
Net browser

Welcome to the board Judy and Hi to everybody else. Maria, I'm sorry that I missed your birthday but sounds like you had a nice day. Belated birthday wishes Karen, how are you doing now? Did you get more results on your blood tests. Speaking of blood tests, Judy are you diabetic. I am, and you mentioned that you had low blood sugar at night. I had a nice Easter, it seems it was ages ago. The snow is starting to melt and my little white dog comes in the house now looking like she is wearing rubber boots from the mud on her feet. When she hears me run the water in the sink, she takes off running. LOL LOL but I catch her. I too rejoined Weight Watches and lost 2# my first week. The doctor told me losing weight will be a little difficult now that I am on insulin, so I guess I will just have to try harder then I did in the past. Bye for now.

Last edited by slavika; 04-03-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #28  

G'day all,

Back again....

I had a lady visiting to give me some more details of the quilting website she would like me to do.

Nice to 'see' you Slavika, good for you joining WW again, it must be very difficult now you are taking insulin. It will just be a little slower but you will get there in the end.

Ann I hope to go to Malaysia the first week in May so in about 4 weeks time. Alan has moved into a serviced apartment. He likes it other then that the bed is like a plank! Something for me to look forward to

I wondered if he regretted taking on this contract but he doesn't and he says the time is just flying as it is for me here at home.
Some of the men he is working with have decided to fly to Lankawi for the weekend. A wonderful picturesque area of Malaysia.
I am glad that he is keeping busy at the weekends.

Our weather is a little more like it is supposed to be in autumn though the weekend is quite warm again, up to 28 degrees.

I am no longer having my meals delivered, I got sick of it! When I have had this service before it took a few months before I got sick of it but this time it took not very long at all.

Hope everyone is well and happy,

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #29  
Web Nana

Good Morning!
I have been meaning to post for a couple of weeks but what with Easter planning and Jack's Dr.'s appointments it has slipped through the cracks. Easter was a blast with all 14 local kids and families present. Had a great potato bake-off where the 3 DD each brought their version of a potato dish and then 3 gk's each made a dessert. I had bought a birthday cake for the March and April birthdays so we had a lot to eat. Fun was had by all!

Jack has been anxious to change cardiologists. He old one just didn't have that 'at ease' feeling one likes in an office visit...it was in, how are things, and then out again. DD#2 who is an OR RN at MGH found us a great man. We went in yesterday and loved him. He sat and talked with Jack and you could tell he had done his homework...read all the back info that we had the old Dr. send and he explained everything. As things are Jack needs to keep up with the way he has been and no surgery should be necessary. If he starts to have symptoms...shortness of breath, heavyness in the chest, etc then it will be time to consider valve replacement and with it by-pass surgery. It is nice when you are told calmly and completely just what is what. Jack seems to be more relaxed with himself now and that makes me more relaxed.

Maria: A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY It won't be long before you will be joining Alan in Malasia. In the mean time you will be busy setting up those web sites.

Judy: Welcome!!! We always like to see a new 'face'.

Suz: Have fun with your visitors.

Peggy: Spices! I have been trying to update my spices and thrown out a few but replacing them is pricey!

Ann: That is quite and undertaking doing that quilt but it should move right along expecially if you have help.

Karen: Have you heard anything new on your blood tests?

Sally: Mud season + little dog = lots of fun chasing him around before he leaves paw prints throught the house. Glad you had a nice Easter!

Trudy: How is your broken toe doing? Hope it is getting better.

I am in the middle of laundry so off to the dryer!!

Gloria
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #30  
Fun Blonde

Ladies, all, so glad to be here! I took off last Thursday and Friday and was so looking forward to it. My high school friend came to visit Thursday afternoon and spent the night. We took her out to eat. Before she came she had been to the dentist and he had drilled her teeth away in the front because she is getting veneers. After we ate, she just spit out all the temporaries and looked just great, no front teeth. Then she was in a hurry to get home and get them glued back in. Then on Friday I started getting sick and just continued and missed work on Monday with the stomach virus. So much fun. Makes me wonder why I wanted to take off. Then on Sunday night we had a horrendous hail storm. Our brown car was out and is now totaled. I am sure we will get a new roof and lots of damage to the shed, etc. The adjuster will come Monday. What a pain! That will teach me to take off. In 45 years of marriage we have never lived through such a hail storm.

Our DIL will be 40 tomorrow and Joel is having a surprise party for her. We are meeting at a restaurant. She is the one who was a grandmother back in November and doesn't look the part. Anyway, I guess this is a hard birthday for her. Poor dear. Can't remember that far back, can you?

Gloria, I hope Jack is doing well and glad he got a good doctor. That is half the battle. My sister had a blood test in October and changed doctors and her new doctor found a disturbing result from the blood test in October. Can you imagine a doctor not calling? She repeated the test so we are anxiously awaiting and praying it is not lymphoma. Doctors! I remember when I thought they were automatically right. Long time ago. Now I know.....

Have a good weekend, all.

Last edited by survivor; 04-04-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Closed Thread