Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Princess,
Have you thought of screaming and yelling? It works great to vent!!
So sorry you're running into a rough patch. Sending you : to get through this.

Chrily,
You sound really busy. Try not to beat yourself up about your weight. You and I weigh about the same, so "I hear your pain", but you can do this. Get the right foods into the house and take those baby steps. Sounds like you've got the exercising down pat.
How about a smoothie? I don't eat them myself, but people swear by them.
WW's sells the smoothie mix and you'll get a milk in that way. Other people combine milk and/or yogurt, some fruit--even frozen and that seems to do the trick.

Bandit, what's up with you for the weekend?

Ariana, are you still checking in?

Cherry, have a good weekend.

I'll be baby-sitting on Saturday night. On Sunday, it'll be quiet here, but at least I don't have to worry about hosting a Super Bowl party. The quiet will be a nice change. Had lunch out twice this week and did well, then overate at home. I'm sabotaging myself and that's really stupid.
You all take care and be well.
Princess, I hope your luck changes around real soon!

Judy
234.6/ 217.4/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #17  

Princess - I am doing fairly well this morning. I am trying to work on keeping a positive outlook. I am going to keep trying.

Chrily - It is nice to see you here. It sounds like you have your hands full. I know how that can be and i have to get up once or twice early in the mornings with my kids.

Judy - Thanks for the hugs and advice.

Bandit - How did the special meal go?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

It as been snowing steady since last night, so glad I do not have to leave the house.

Dinner with gf was really good. She made beef stroganoff & all we had to do was cook noodles & heat up her sauce & I had a salad made by the time she arrived - so fast, easy & good. And of couse, we had some wine.

Christine - here is a recipe for you to try for breakfast

3 cups all bran cereal
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups water
1 low fat brownie mix

Preheat oven to 350 & spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
Mix 3 cups all bran, water & baking powder. Let sit 5 minutes.
Mix in brownie mix & bake 20/25 minutes.
Each is 2 points WW.

I made these last week & had one for breakfast a couple of mornings & froze the rest. My gf had one for her dessert & we both really liked these.
Very cholately and filling.

I also take frozen fruit with yogurt on top in container & eat when I get to work.

Hope you like.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Bandit, do you have any minor subsitutes for you recipe. I also have a lovely wheat allergy so that kind of kills the all bran cereal. I'd just have to say that dieting with allergies is a pain in the butt.

You mentioned snow...my Brother in Law lives in Washington and went to visit his newlywed wife in Bend, Oregon. They had 18 in. of snow and more falling. He had to put tire chains on to get to her house in his 4 wheel drive truck. Thats alot of snow....

Thank you all for your breakfast suggestions. I think I'll check out the recipe threads too.

Sounds like you are all having a quiet Super Bowl Sunday too. I don't really get into football so today is a catch up on homework day. Nicole has been sick all week and yesterday we took Kayla in (sat in the waiting room for 2 hours, I might add) and she has strep throat. I'm just T-I-R-E-D. I have to try to stay rested, or I'll be the next sicky in the house.

Judy thanks for commisserating with me. I needed that little internet hug.... It is so hard for me. This is the largest I have ever been and moving is starting to get difficult. I'm scared to say the very least. It's not just about how I look anymore-it's more about I don't want to die.

Well gonna head on out to the recipe "isle"...check back later.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
It's nice to see so much activity on the weekend. for us for keepin' on keepin' on.

Had a nice day. Made a very low cal chili and had tacos made with 90% lean beef and all sorts of veggies to top them off. Nice super and all that fiber has kept me feeling pretty full.

Bandit, I love beef stroganoff--sounds so yummy and a perfect winter dish--especially with wine. Hey, by the way I measured out 4 oz. of wine to see where in my wine glass it comes and it turns out that it's not as little as I thought. I usually have a spritzer, so it's good to be able to point that out.

To all of us, let's keep on drinking water, giving each other great recipe ideas, and move as much as possible. Cherry--I know it's hard to move, but maybe you can walk. You'll be fine--just dont' give up. Keep on coming here, check with your doc for med advice, and keep up your spirits.
We're all here to help you out.

Okay--gotta run, but I'll check in tomorrow.
Judy
234.6/217.4/thinner into onederland
Old 02-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #21  

Judy--Thank you for always having kind and encouraging words for me. I do truely appreciate it.

To all the othe Turtles, just keep on moving.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy monday all!

Not much new here, did not go to W/I on Saturday as we spent the day waiting for the repair man to come... the good news is that we have hot water!

Watched a bit of the super bowl and enjoyed some of the commercials as always.

Quiet weekend for the most part.

Have a good day all
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #23  

Hi everyone:

Well, we got so much snow on Fri/Sat but now it is really mild.

Was down .8# this week - so back to where I was a couple of weeks ago.
Going to really be good this week. My gf is away for 2 weeks in Florida, so won't be having our regular Wed dinner so I think I will pass on the wine for a couple of weeks as well.

Christina - today for breakfast I had cottage cheese with pineapple, orange slices and a few almonds - all mixed together. Very filling.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #24  
Focus on the Process

Princess--

Yaaahhhh! for HOT water
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #25  
Focus on the Process

Bandit-your breakfast sounds good. Were your orange slices fresh or were they mandarin oranges? I think I'm going to get me some cottage cheese at the store. I like breakfast when its cold most of the time. Sounds yummy!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #26  
Chick

bandit : for a great WI!!!!!
Here's sending you : for another good week.

Princess,
Okay, now you're on a roll starting with hot water!!!!!!!!! Wow, that's something we take for granted until we don't have it. Whew! Glad that's a problem solved.

Cherry, : for a great week!

Chrily, hey, thanks for asking the breakfast question. You're getting good responses.

I'm in a snag again, but I've got my WW mtg. tomorrow and that should help.
Judy
234.6/217.4/thinner into onederland
Old 02-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #27  

Chriley - they were mandarin oranges, so the little cup works out to be 1/3 cup which is what I wanted with 1/2 cup pineapple (canned chunks)

Today I had: 1 cup plain l/f yogurt with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries & abit of splenda.

Hope everyone is doing great. Calling for more snow up here tonight.
Hope is OK for driving.

Also I saved the juice from oranges & pineapple to make a smoothie tomorrow for breakfast.

Hope some of these suggestions helps.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #28  
Focus on the Process

Bandit, you are truly a a food guru! I had never thought about saving juice for smoothies either. I'm having alot of DUH? Why didn't I think of that moments....lol.

I have got to figure out something for me during the day. I don't go running around that much because I have my baby nephew I take care of so I am snacking on bad bad stuff.... you know, mini reese cups, chips, a little dab of this-a little dab of that. He has my schedule so far off. I sneak in bathroom breaks and a load of laundry here and there throughout the day. He seems like he wants a bottle every 1 1/2 hours and then it takes him a 1/2 hour to drink it. By the time you get a couple bottles in...the day is shot and so is my diet.

Okay..nuf compaining for now. I have to go work on some of my homework....My classes aren't too bad yet. Thank the Lord!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #29  

Chrily- I know exactly what you mean about your baby nephew. I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl and a little boy that is 8 months old and he is eating some baby food but really goes through the bottles. I don't have much schedule to my day except take care of one kid and then the other.

Bandit - those breakfast ideas sound yummy. Also Bravo on your loss. Hope you are able to do well this week.

Judy - hope your able to get to your ww meeting and that it gives you the encouragement you need.

Princess - great to hear that the HOT WATER is back. That is definately something you need when it is so cold outside.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Boy, do I know what you young mothers mean! Getting food ready and bottles, etc. for babies and toddlers is difficult. The food is tempting and that's what happens when I go to my dd's to babysit my grandson. It's very easy to get off track when I'm there. I think I feel catapulted back in time when I had my own very busy household to run and tiny kids to take care of==I didn't do well with my weight then and babysitting triggers those feelings. However, planning and preparing (sometimes I pack my own food when I go there) is the answer. So I'm sending the young moms and those babysitting lots of : to get through the days and to put yourself at the top of the to do list! Please find a way to take care of yourself--you're worth it!

I got to Ww's today. Yesterday was such a stupid day that I thought I'd go to the meeting and not even weigh in. Then luckily I hopped on the scale and saw it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Yay. So I got on the
and then headed to my meeting. I WI'd and was up 1.2# but I honestly think that if I keep track this will be a temporary gain!

I'm sending : to everyone. Bandit, keep up the good food suggestions and Princess, hope you're doing well.

Take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/218.6/thinner into onederland
Judy