Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #16  

Well i am going to start this again. I ate horrible over the weekend because of some plumbing issues. We had no water in the house.
I weighed this morning at 208, so that is my starting point.

INVU- I hope to get a treadmill sometime soon. My mom does have one though so maybe i should try to use that one
Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day ladies, hope your all well hey CherryAutumn I would love a treadmill I,ve been putting out hints for Chrissy so fingers crossed. Its a bummer when things go bump in the house I was like that a few months ago the stove went to sleep and it was a weekend of take aways, but just start again you are doing well so far. Well I weighed in this morning and I am down another 2lb so that,s good but I,ve been doing this for 4wks now so I,ve decided to measure myself once a month as well and the tape measure tells me I,ve lost 2ins off my waist and 2ins off my butt so Yay I,m getting there. Take care everyone.

JULS
Old 11-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Wednesday!

I am back on track and feeling pretty good, I am back to going to the gym 2 times a week along with my pilates classes 2 times a week. Eating has been pretty good so far this week so things are looking up for W/I this Saturday morning... after last weeks disastrous W/I, even the poor guy that weighed me in could not look at me, it has to be better then that...LOL.

I would love a treadmill!!!!!!!!!!! Our house is small, but I am sure I could find a spot for one some where . Not sure it is in our budget this year but maybe next year, until then I will keep going to the gym as that is free and I can go most anytime I can fit it into my schedule.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a happy day ladies!
Princess
Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Well, I got to the gym 3 times last week and stayed OP pretty much the whole week. Was down 2.8# & was very pleased with that.
As I said before, when I am good I am really good but when I am bad, still go overboard. So, still have to work on that thinking. There is no reason if I have 1 off/plan meal to make a complete week of it.

So, my goal this week is gym at least 2 times, drink more water and stay OP.

It was so cold this morning, actually seen snow on way to work for first time this year, too early for that. When it comes early really makes for a long (5 months) of iffy weather. But it is suppose to warm up by weekend, so that will be nice.

Anyone make any new recipes lately? Craving some nice warm dishes.

Take care!
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #20  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

for all the great losses ;you posted.

I WI this morning and was up .8# but with the vacation out at the beach when storm Noel came through and the heavy eating and no exercise that resulted, I guess I'm lucky that was all I gained. Tomorrow will be tricky too since it's my dh and also my grandson has a dr. appt. at our local children's hospital. This is all too tough to handle and I need to find a way to clear my head. Send me good vibes and I'll you all for posting your good news and your challenges.
Judy
234.6/218.8/thinner into onederland
I've gotta tell you, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! This extra weight feels like a very heavy burden right now.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #21  

Morning all!

Well it is cold here this morning, not as cold as yesterday but still needed the winter coat this morning. Brr...

I got on the scale this morning and it is going down!!!!! I am looking forward to W/I on Saturday and feeling very good about being on track.

I brought my work out clothes with me today and will be stopping by the gym on my way home today... It is hard getting there but once the work out is done I am always glad that I made it and did not find an excuse to not go... I am very good at that by the way.... LOL... making excuses for not exercising

How is everyone doing?

Judy I would say that you did pretty darned good under the circumstances.

Princess
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #22  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
It looks like many of us are heading to : very soon. Congrats to all of us or exercising in some way. For me, it is key to weight loss.
I have a in my house because we haven't moved from our home and we are empty nesters. (Not exactly empty closeters--if you know what I mean. Those empty closets are filling up fast with all sorts of stuff. That's a good winter project to clean them and and dump the clutter) I digress.
In any case, yesterday was great with eating and I'm already down a pound.
Today will be tough, but I'm tough too so I'll stop feeling sorry for myself and keep on keepin' on.

to Princess and Bandit and allthe Turtles who are working out so well and really tackling this problem. I'll see less of you in the New Year! LOL
Judy
Old 11-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #23  

Hi turtles:

Went to gym last night (yeah!) then my dd came home for night & wanted Swiss Chalet - so I had the chicken & salad & 1/2 the bun. Bread is another one of my downfalls & I usually eat all my bun & hers as well. So 1/2 was an improvement. She is taking back the rest of the leftover Halloween candy, so I won't be tempted with all those little chocolate bars.

So, I keep asking what everyone is having for meals. I need some suggestions for something new.

Have a good turtle day & get moving and drinking that water!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day turtles hope everyone is well Princess great the scale is going down and good luck with your WI on Saturday, Judy you are doing good and I think we all feel a bit the way you do at times I get just sick and tired of looking at myself sometimes I,m thinking of outlawing mirrors in my house hey Princess I wish our gyms were free here downunder I would be there everyday. Bandit just focus and you,ll get there on the 2.8 and your efforts at the gym. Funny how your looking for warm dishes and I,m looking for salads, I,m doing OK starting to get some exercise in, light, the bursitis in my hip and leg is still a bit annoying and if I push myself to much walking or on the indoor bike I pay for it the next day but I,m getting there slowly but surely. Take care everyone.

JULS
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #25  

Bandit: I tend to make warmer dishes this time of year as I am sure that you do... let me think...
Well we do FF hotdogs with chili sauce, FF cheese and light buns a few times a month. Very quick on nights that we are in a hurry.

I do a pot of either traditional chili (with ground turkey or lean ground beef) or I do the white chicken chili recipe a few times a month.

I use one of the above lean ground meets with some taco or similar seasoning packet with some onions, peppers, etc. over rice or in a low point wrap along with some FF refried beans.

I do chicken breasts in the oven with a can of light soup over it (like cream of mushroom or cream of chicken) have a side of steamed veggies and either a baked potato or rice.

I look on the WW website in their community recipe section and get recipes a lot... if they have something in it that we don't like then I just exchange that item for something that would kind of be similar.

We do grilled cheese sandwiches with FF cheese slices, spray margarine, and light bread along with some kind of light soup.

Hope that helps, as I think of things I will try and add them to my posts... what do you do? Maybe I can get some tips from you =)

New Year: Our gyms are not free here, I wish they were, my DH has a full gym where he works and family is allowed to come in for no charge and work out... I take advantage of that! I fear that someday that may change as the company was sold and policies are changing everyday it seems.

Judy: You are doing great! Keep it up!

I will stop back later on!
Princess
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #26  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I was just going to post some recipes and I came on the site and there were Princess's great ideas!
Here's some of what I do:
1. On top of lite English muffin toasted I put this mixture:
block of spinach, a little onion and garlic--cooked together.
Add a little tomato sauce and some crumbled low fat feta or any ff cheese
and broil it in the oven until the cheese melts. Anywhere from 2-3pts.
depending on the cheese you use.

2. On top of WW pasta, I put a mix of cooked lean chopped meat, a can of tomatoes w/chilies, onion, and garlic. It's really filling and satisfying.
Again, I figure a cup of WWpasta and a cup of the meat mixture to get a total of about 7-8 points. It's also Core if anyone's doing that plan.

3. I'll take a simple pork chop, add onions and mushrooms to the pan, throw a potato in the microwave, make a simple sauce for all by adding 1/2c. skim milk to the pan after the meat is removed and stirring in 1T. flour for a 2pt. sauce. Sometimes it's worth the 2 points for the sauce for a more filling meal and it also helps me think I'm not "dieting".

An absolutely low point dinner is this:
Take a block of frozen spinach, add 1 t. of olive oil right on top, put in a can of cannelini beans or lentils, some salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Microwave for about 4 minutes or until the spinach is tender. Extremely fast and pretty yummy. Half the mixture equals about 4 points.

Think about adding ff refried beans to a lite soup. It'll thicken up the soup to make it heartier, and because of the high fiber the points are miniscule.

I'll also make an omelet for dinner, and if it's quiet here, I've been know to have hot oatmeal for supper once in awhile.
I know none of these are gourmet, but like Princess, I've got a couple of WW cookbooks and also go online when I have time to cook. Another trick I've started using lately is the frozen WW dinners since they are really low points.
I'll have popcorn later on a WW dinner night because they're pretty small.

Good luck and let's hear from you others too. What are you eating that's helping you lose weight?

Judy
(By the way, my weight is coming down too. Amazing how when you work the program the program works!)
Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #27  
Chick

Here's a quick, healthy and easy soup to make that's yummy.

I halve the recipe since I'm an empty nester, but in either case I use 1 10oz. block of froz. spinach.

Here's the original recipe:
Fran's Tortellini Soup (serves 8)
2- 16oz. cans chicken broth
2-16oz.cans Italian Stewed Tomatoes
1-10oz. box of chopped spinach froz.
1-1pound bag of frozen tortellini
Put soup and tomatoes in pot
bring to boil
Add Tortellini
Heat spinach in microwave
When tortellini is almost done, add spinach
Add water if too thick
Serve w/parmesan cheese sprinkled on top
Each serving=3 points
(You could calculate the points because if you use just a tiny bit of parmesan cheese and fewer tortellini you can get it down to 2 points)
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-10-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: I goofed on the amt. of broth and tomatoes. :chef:
Old 11-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #28  

Hi turtles & thanks for all the great recipes. Definately will be trying them soon.

Today I made turkey soup since I had leftover turkey and veggies I wanted to use & added some curly pasta to it. That will be lunch a couple of times next week.

I have oatmeal for breakfast quite often & have been adding egg whites after oatmeal is cooked then nuking for a minute. Makes the oatmeal really creamy. Last weekend I made cabbage rolls & they are easy to warm up & very filling. Tomorrow I am making beef stew - so will have that a couple of times for dinners.

I like having things pre-made. It really helps me stay OP when I can open the fridge & have healthy things to heat up - helps with the temptation of fast food for sure.

Keep up the good work, everyone & have great "turtle weekend"
Old 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #29  

Wow there have been a lot of posts while i was gone. It looks like everyone is doing well and having losses or vry small gains. Right now i am at 208. I just keep going up and down. I won't give up though. I am doing better in some areas.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #30  
Chick

Hi Cherry,
I would love to be 208, so that you have reached that weight is reason alone to celebrate! Yeah, we all have problems with staying the same weight for one reason or another, but just keep using those baby steps, exercise, and drink lots of water and you'll get your weight loss going in the right direction again.
for posting and to everyone.
Judy
Closed Thread