Old 06-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Judy, I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but I know around here they were warning against eating fresh spinach because of e.coli contamination. (eeewwww). I swear, isn't anything safe to eat anymore????

Well we went back out to the lake today. My hubby and I took Kayla, Nicole and their friend Ciara. It was fun. I burnt my arms yesterday so I slathered on the sunscreen today. I can't swim so my main squeezie was showing my how to dog paddle and tread water. With having RA, it sure made my arms tired in a hurry, so I'm assuming I burned some calories. Wouldn't that be great??? I'll be sore tomorrow though.

Well off for a nice relaxing soak in the tub. Tiana and Kayla are spending the night at my SIL house. Nicole is watching a movie and so I'm taking a little me time....

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all!

Chris! So good to see you back! I hope that you are feeling better and that life is treating you better... When life gets rough it is hard to stay on plan and focus on much other then what is happening at the time. Anyway, glad you are back!

Judy: Tummy issues are never fun especially when they are caused by some thing that you ate. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and have a blast in NYC.

Linda: How was your weekend?

Well I did go to W/I on Saturday but since it was that TOM I was up 1.6 as expected... no worries though...

We are heading to Cincinnati this coming weekend to see the Red's play the Cardinals... DH is a huge Red's fan! We will be spending the weekend over there for the most part and it should be a great time.

It rained here all weekend long... we needed the rain and boy oh boy we sure got it... Need to get out in the yard really soon as it is over grown and just looks un-kept... Judy, we have weeds almost as big as our tomato plants now thanks to the rain so I will be with you in thought when I am out there weeding all those beds this week, LOL.

I have to run but will check back in on my lunch break to see what is going on.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

HI TUrtles,
Looking like a beautiful day here in NY. Sunny and promises to get up to about ninety degrees. Ballet was wonderful as was time spent with dd. Since the arrival of her son, we haven't had much time to just talk and it was lovely. My tummy still isn't where it should be, but I'm hoping today finally clears everything up. More than you need to know. LOL. Weeds still out there. In the meantime I'm working on giving my other dd the bridal shower she'd like so I'm thinking along those lines.

Princess, you're right--that tiny gain associated with TOM is nothing and this upcoming week you'll be in the losing category again. Boy, you're doing great.
Take care and all be well.
Judy
234.6/220.8/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Princess did not get to go camping. The big slide on the fifthwheel broke and we had to take it to Springfield to get fixed. Have not heard from them yet so hope it is going ok. I hope they do not have to keep it too long.

Weigh In today so hope I have lost something. This is my week for a little loss. I lose big, a little littler and then like tenths of a poud. Has been my pattern this time and the other times before.

Have a good day all,
Linda
happycamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #20  

Morning all!

Not much new here really... I got the yard work done last night... it was a jungle after all the rain we had so it took a while but at least the grass is cut... tonight we need to work on the garden and weed-wack but that should not take too long... LOL, hard to say as I always find more that needs to be done.

Linda: I hope they get the work done soon for you... I know it is disappointing to have a trip planned and then have something go wrong... Best wishes for a great W/I... Sounds like I lose about the same as you... big then little followed by nothing at all or a gain... Arg! Very frustrating!

Judy: How are you doing today?

Chris: Are you feeling better?

I have to run but will check back later on!

Susan
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Interesting how Linda and Princess lose in the same pattern during the month.
When I was younger, I'd go three weeks without losing anything and then lose 7# in one week. I could feel the weight falling off me. Very strange but dependable. At that time I was going very light on carbs--only a fruit a day and veggies--no bread no pasta no potatoes or starchy veggies. I'd hate to be that resticted again, but I loved the weight loss!

Happy Camper--sorry about the vehicle and hope it gets fixed real soon.

Princess--LOL I know what you mean about always seeing something more that needs to get done. I think that's why I like the Flylady program so much because she helps to limit my guilt and limit my need to always be doing something.

All goes well here and I'm hoping for at least a tiny weight loss this week.
My body is still reacting to that dopey salad and it's much too long for that nonsense.

Take care be well and for keepin' on in the summer heat.
Judy
235.6/220.8/thinner into onederland
Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #22  

Happy Wednesday All!

Well I just have not been feeling well for the past few days, blew off Pilates on Monday and did not work out yesterday... tummy issues... I will be going to my Pilates class tonight and will try again to work out on Thursday...

My eating has been pretty good this week but without the work outs I am not sure how W/I will go on Saturday morning... will just have to wait and see.

Judy: Good luck at your W/I today!

Linda: How is the camper doing?

Have a happy day all!
Susan
Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #23  

Our camper is still in Springfield. If we do not here after tomorrow we will give them a call. I am sure it is not an easy fix since it needs work on the slide mechanism and the inside trim. Hope that is all.

Well, I was right, lost .4 of a pound this week, so hopefully next week is my big one. I do not get upset as I know how my body works.

I will be off for my 45 minutes at the pool. Want to get there before any thunder storms enter or they make you get out of the pool even though it is inside.

Have a great day ladies.
Linda
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WI and lost .6# this week. That's okay with me since I felt punk for a lot of that time. So onward and downward. There was a gal at my meeting who was lifetime member and now is struggling. She says she's tired of it all--working hard, messing up, and not losing. Well, who hasn't felt like that? But I know that when I "give up" WW's for awhile, I gain like a bandit. It's like all the weight people are losing finds me. So, some weeks are better than others, but I want to keep on keepin' on.

Princess, feel better.
Happy, any loss is a good loss. I like your attitude.

: to all of us this week.
Judy
234.6/220.2/thinner into onederland
Old 06-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #25  

Ladies: Well hello there! I'm back. I got into town Monday morning, and I have been frantically catching up ever since. San Fran was great, it was gay pride week, there were rainbow flags everywhere and there were a lot of people there. It was wonderfully cool compared to AZ -- we were wearing jeans in June! It was gorgeous. I took about 300 pictures.

But at the same time, it was also pretty stressful too -- there were some issues with my Mom and her pain meds and her reaction to them that I don't want to talk about right now, let's just say that it was a nearly constant stressor and reminder of her mortality. I also had to share a room with my little sister, and for a person who lives alone and is used to being alone 12 hours a day and who likes being alone periodically, that was hard. We also had a waterbed-like mattress that shook me everytime she moved and vice-versa, so I slept badly. So I guess it was both great and very hard. Does that make sense? There were some parts that I really enjoyed, and there were other times when I wanted to go shut myself in the hotel room and hide. So it was both very good and I also was very relieved to go home at the end.

I gave up counting points the first day, I realized that I just couldn't do it on a vacation, in addition to all of the other stress (and maybe just in general), and I only take one or two vacations a year, so I just attempted to be reasonable -- I had salad before lunch and dinner, and fruit with breakfast, and I split meals a lot of the time with other people. My unofficial WI is tonight, the official one is tomorrow, so we'll see.

I guess I feel a little nuts saying that it was both great and very stressful -- it just had elements of both. You know what I mean?

Anyway, individual responses...

Linda: Welcome! You are absolutely welcome here. You did it then, you can do it now. It's probably easier to stick to now than it was then -- I'm glad there's no fish required now -- eew! Sorry you missed your camping adventure. Congrats on the .4 lost, any weight loss is good, right? As for introducing myself: I'm a 27 year old software engineer in Arizona; I've lost 60 pounds so far, but I didn't count points for most of it, so it took me 3 years -- 2 years of losing 25 pounds each year and one year of maintaining in the middle (I was in a very stressful job and all I could do was maintain), but I've kept it off. I like to hike (not in the summer, it's over 100 degrees here right now), quilt, embroider, cook and write. I'm single, for now. I have a little sister, and a "furry brother" named Lobo, and that's about it.

Princess: Thank you, I had a good time. Sorryabout the temporary weight gain, but it looks like you have a good attitude and determination -- you'll be fine. I'm sorry you're feeling unwell though.

Judy: Congrats on your WL last week! If you're still feeling unwell, try mint tea, it's a natural anti-nausea. Congrats on the loss this week, it isn't big, I know, but it's something, right? Re your friend: I think that people get tired and frustrated when they think of it as an every-day-for-the-rest-of-your-life-thing -- that's just too intimidating, we have to take it one day at a time, one week at a time. They also get tired when they get no results, and I understand that too, but they have to shake things up. Sometimes you need to work out more, maybe it's possible they're not eating *enough* or enough of the right things -- I guess my bottom line is, don't let other people's frustration get you down. Determination is at least half the battle.

Chris: Welcome back! You can get back on track. Keep posting, even if you're not on program -- I think it might help you stay in control of your WL situation by encouraging mindfulness about food and working out. Up to you of course.

Alright, ladies, it's well past time to get back to work. Take care!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #26  

Did fifty minutes in the pool and mowed the back yard and DH is mowing the front yard.

Having a good OP supper tonight, potatoe salad( I have measured and pointed each ingredient) boubon marinated pork tenderloin and corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes.

Good thing it is getting closer to supper as it sounds good to me.

have a great evening,
Linda
Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #27  

Well, I won't be able to post tomorrow (WW meeting at lunch), so here's the results of my unofficial WI (which I do each Wednesday) -- I gained .6 in the last two weeks (I couldn't WI while on vacation in SF). That means that I only gained .6 pounds after 5 days of vacation. Too cool, huh? I was really worried it would be more, but it looks like eating salad before lunch and dinner, fruit with breakfast, splitting meals and the walking helped quite a bit. <I am unabashedly proud. 5 days of vacation, and I only gained 1/2 a pound! >

Anyway, time to go to SLEEP.

Take care, ladies and good night.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #28  

Ariana!!! So glad you are back... SF sounds wonderful! I have never been there but I have heard it is a great place to visit... you did great by the way... .6 is nothing for being on vacation... most likely water retention from travel...
Very sorry to hear about your mom, I sure hope it gets better for her...

Judy: You are doing great! A loss is a loss like we all like to say here Keep up the fantastic job that you are doing and you will be to goal in good time.

Linda: You are doing awesome also! Best wishes that the camper is repaired soon... The pool sounds great... I love to swim but hardly ever get the chance anymore.

Chris: How are you doing?

Nothing new here really... just waiting for Friday to get here like usual We are out of town this weekend so send me best wishes to stay on track because DH has big plans to hit all of his favorite eating places when he gets back into his home town this weekend... Lordy! Give me strength!

Looking forward to a weekend away with him though, we always have a fun time together and alone time is always nice.

I made it to Pilates last night and will be going to the gym on my way home this evening as long as my tummy feels good...

Have a happy day all!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #29  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well sorry I haven't posted. My kids are out of school and are computer piggies. No time for me. Well I haven't gained and I haven't lost but my clothes are feeling a little looser. I've been on a diet pop kick, drinking 4-6 cans a day. So for the last 3 days I've cut myself back to one can and I haven't touched sugar since Monday. My stomach isn't as bloated and things don't feel quite as snug.

I have to be honest. I haven't worked out at all this week. I'm having some foot issues. I had to do 16 days on prednisone again to see if it would help. My rheumatologist figures that if it helped then we are dealing with the rheumatoid arthritis in my feet now and if it didn't that I would probably need to see a podiatrist. The prednison worked for the first 8 days and when the dose got tapered down they started hurting again. So I think I'm going to be looking at going on some IV meds now too. I'll find out soon what he wants to do. I was hoping it wouldn't have to be that way. I'm always scared that the RA is going to progress faster than the research and new drug developments do. I'm only in my 30s...that's alot of my life left to deal with this.

Anyhow...Hello all you little turtle people! I'm working on getting back on track. It may take a bit of time...( I REALLY REALLY fell of the wagon.).

Check back tomorrow if the kids will let me.....

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #30  

Happy Friday all!

Just a quick post to say hello and to see what is going on in Turtle Land! I am out of here early today to go the eye doctor and then to the hair dresser... Need to hide those roots that keep coming back...LOL. Then we are out of town for the weekend.

Chris: sure you get to feeling better... my SIL has RA and I know she has a rough time with it when it flares up.

I have to run but will talk to everyone on Monday!