Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 12:33 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down Fabulous Forties #84

I'm pasting my post here, it made the old thread go to page 2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW what a bunch of losers! Ok, I know that's silly, but I had to say it .

Myra! Can you see me from the 150's? How cool for you....I know how long you've waited for this achievement, and the hard work it took to get there. I am proud of you.

Janie, you had a fantastic 3 pound loss! That's a lot of walking...I'll bet you feel great. I can't believe you walked 5 miles in one day.

Joyce, I'd love to get that apple recipe from you. When I was about 13 my older brother (now deceased) and I used to bake apples for a late nite snack, but loaded them up with butter and brown sugar and raisins. Now, those weren't healthy, I know, but it's a great memory of him. I'd love to try them.

Our fondue dinner for Joey's birthday was great.....we spent 3 hours at the restaurant. He likes to make fondue at home, this was the first time I had gone out for it, and it was fun. Especially the dessert fondue, which he chose.....chocolate and caramel with chopped (salted) pecans, laced with rum and flambed! Can we say decadence? LOL I was "good", only dipped strawberries, left the cheesecake and poundcake for the guys to do!

Please say a prayer for my dear aunt Ginny, who was hospitalized yesterday for pneumonia. She's 79, has emphysema, so her condition is not good. The only sister of my Mom, she is my favorite aunt, a loving mother of 8 (!)sons and 1 daughter.

hi to Terri, Essie, Dianne

~Jen

P.S. I have found the pounds that everyone has been losing. If anyone wants to claim theirs, just let me know......

Last edited by Jenny523; 10-25-2001 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:43 AM   #2  

Hi all! I have gotten behind.

Jen,
I am so sorry about your aunt. She is definitely in my prayers.
Please keep us posted on her condition.
That fondue restaurant sounds yummy. Never heard of such a place. I am glad everything went well.
That is so sad about your brother. Thank goodness for memories.
My brother is sad tonight. His dog died today. He is so upset. He made me cry. My ex SIL was the actual owner of Buttons but my brother (Rick) took her to his house as much as his son. She has been through so much. Her husband (Tom) was the one that died in the mining accident at 45 yrs. old. this past April and now her dog. Tom loved that little dog. He was 12 yrs. old. My brother was crying on the phone. I swear I have never heard him cry, ever. That was upsetting. He LOVES all animals. Buttons died all of a sudden. No warnings at all.

So many losers since I have been on.
Joyce, JanieD, Myra. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
150's Myra. "WEIGH" to go!

Joyce,
Rest and take care of yourself. I know easier said than done.
You are doing great! I would love that recipe for apple pie. MMmm!

JanieD,
Thanks for the compliment. I am a few away from goal. I set my goal at 135 and I am only 5'2" and so it is at the high end and I would like to be about 125. We will see.

Dianne,
Congrats on the bowling games. Where ever did you find that gif.
I love the veggie soup but haven't made it in awhile. Gotta soon.
I am so glad about the Yankees. New York needs this. That is great of the Seattle fans.
Christmas will be here before we know it. man!!!!!!
I am doing lay-a-way on Friday. Hope your meeting went well.
I LOVE those japanese restaurants. We went to one in Fl. all the time. We took the kids and my sister for Brittany's confirmation and they had a ball. We had a great and FUNNY waiter.

Essie,
I don't like anything before Wednesday.
Thanks for telling me Bruce would be all right. You are sweet.
I would never get back on that scale after a 7 pound loss. What is the matter with you.

Zoe,
Thanks for helping to calm me.
I know what you mean about the kids. I can't stand to think when I can't watch them all of the time. It will be so overwhelming.
When I was like 19 yrs. old my mom and dad didn't know where I was and they were so scared and when I was driving home (I was with Bruce at a bowling alley and forgot to call- It was 4:00 am) I met up with my dad in the next town. My mom didn't yell she just cried. That was all she did for at least 3 hours. Talk about guilt. I never forgot to call again. Even now.
I am pleased so far with my Brittany. She is so good. I hope it stays this way. She has such a great head on her shoulders.
She loves to be with us and I love that. I was like that all through the different stages in my life. I hope she is too.

Well gotta go. It is so late. I have to get up in 4 hours.

Terri
Old 10-25-2001, 09:14 AM   #3  

Myra wrote this on #83.
--------------------------------------

Started at 186. Down 26.8 so far.

Old 10-25-2001, 09:16 AM   #4  

So proud of you Myra! You are doing GREAT!!!!!

Terri
Old 10-25-2001, 09:26 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Thanks. After years of stuggling it feels so good to finally be a loser.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:44 AM   #6  

I think with the exercising habit you are in you will be successful at maintaining too. You really sound as though you love it.
That is important. Walk proud.
Terri
Old 10-25-2001, 09:56 AM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I really do, which is funny because as a child I really hated gym class. Life takes funny twists and turns, doesn't it.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:18 AM   #8  

It is funny. It not only feels satisfying on the body but in the mind. My mood completely changes when I had a good workout.
I think you have definitely changed for life. Good for you!!!!!
Hugs,
Terri
Old 10-25-2001, 02:03 PM   #9  

Myra, I know what you mean about hating gym class as a kid. I hated it too until I got to HS when we could choose the activity. It was always torture having to play sports that you either didn't like or knew you were terrible at. In HS we were given a choice and then you could pick what you like to do, and were reasonably compitent at. I usually chose swimming or what ever my swim coach was teaching that quarter. That way I knew I would get an A.

Jen, I will certainly pray for your aunt. I do hope she feels better. I know this will be a stressful time for you, but try not to use food for comfort. Remember that we are here if you need us.

Terri, I am sorry about your brother's dog. Pets are so important in people's lives. I know our cat, Nicky, is getting up there in age (almost 12) and I'm sure it will be really hard on us when his time comes, especially Ellen.

Joyce, Es, Zoe, Bouphy,
Have a great day.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 10-25-2001, 02:28 PM   #10  

Thank you JanieD.,
I lost my 17 yr. old dog last year. I still MISS him. It was so HARD. I find myslef still crying once in awhile. It will be 1 year next month. They are an important part of your life. Hope you have many more years with Nicky.

Terri
Old 10-25-2001, 04:28 PM   #11  

Thumbs down

Hi guys:

Myra - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Great Job! You really deserve it with all the hard work you've done. I'm very happy for you!

Jen - I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and hope she recovers soon. You and she will be in my thoughts.

Es - You and I are twins I'm not crazy about apples either, but that dish sounds good to me.

Terri - I'm sorry about your brother's dog, that's sad. I got the bowling gif from one of the sites you sent me : anima, something or other. They have a section on sports and then a sub section with all the different sports.

Zoe/Patti - I love that tree -- can I enlarge it and just bring it to the holiday party as is?

Hi Janie and Joyce - hope you guys are doing well.

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-25-2001, 04:32 PM   #12  

Thumbs down

MYRA - that champagne is for you!!!!!!! Celebrate with your favorite person on me, but don't forget to count the points!

Hugs,
DianneMYRA RED
Old 10-25-2001, 05:01 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, that's so sad about your brother's dog. And to have it be sudden is awful. They really do become members of the family, don't they? I still miss our cat, Zak, it was a year in August. Alex, our other cat, is 14, he's beginning to slow down.

have a nice evening, everyone

~Jen
Old 10-25-2001, 05:18 PM   #14  

Smile

WAY TO GO MYRA!!!!!!!!
I needed to hear good news today. I am soooooo happy for you. I know it's been a rough road for you so you deserve a BIG REWARD!!!!!

Dianne, we truly are very much alike

Jen, so sorry to hear about your aunt Ginny. I will make sure to say a special prayer for her tonight.

Terri, has it been 1 yr. already? I remember when you lost your dog It was a sad time. I couldn't even imagine being without my Susie. She's my baby. I feel for your brother. Especially since it was sudden. At least when they're sick you're kind of prepared for it.

Janie, I use to hate gym because I was so chubby. I hated the gym uniform I had to wear. I wasn't athletic at all. When I got married to Pete is when I got into exercise. I've been with him 21 yrs. so consider myself pretty much into it now. Exercise is the key to weightloss.

Hi Zoe & Joyce.

Have a great evening ladies

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-25-2001 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:04 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies ~ How are y'all doing tonight? Finally, tomorrow is Friday. YEAH!! It's strange because I wish and wait for the weekend and then, when I work on Satruday, it's no big deal. Crazy, huh?

Myra ~ Great job girl. You should be proud of that and yourself. I know you are. How much more did you say you want to lose? Again, good goin' you big loser.

Jen ~ How's your aunt tonight? My prayers are with her.

Es ~ Please give me the secret to liking to exercise. I need a big PUSH!!!

Dianne ~ I love your bottle of champagne. I love champagne, do you???

Terri ~ I'm so sorry about the dog. I too remember when you lost yours. I can't believ that a year has gone by already. I, like Janie, can't imagine my Zoe being gone. I was just thinking about that the other day when the vet said a 7 yr old dog is considered a "senior". I was shocked. Zoe will be 6 on 12/21 so she's getting up there.

Janie ~ Hi to you too.....hope you're doing ok tonight

Greg will be out of town again this weekend, coming home Monday.....leaving again on Tuesday until Wednesday....what month it's been. Thank goodness it's almost over. We will be on vacation after next week. We leave Friday or Saturday, 11/2 or 11/3. We're going to drive up through Oklahoma, 'antiquing'.....should be fun. Not like the Vegas trip I was supposed to have but hey, it's time off, right??

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I am so sorry.....I'm rushing through this. I want to sit back on the sofa and watch some TV for awhile. How do you like my fall colors?? I gues with Halloween almost here and Thanksgiving on the way, I'm in the fall spirit. Have a great night you's guys.
Closed Thread