View Poll Results: How many times a week do you eat out?
1-2 7 87.50%
3-4 1 12.50%
5-6 0 0%
7 - who cooks???? 0 0%
once or twice a month 0 0%
I never eat out 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 09:29 PM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, I must have been posting at the same time as you; didn't see your explanation of David's friend till just now. sorry!

I feel the same way you do about losing.......I am so thrilled for Terri, she's worked so hard to reach where she's at. Myra is steadily losing, as is Janie. I, on the other hand, want to be thin, have every tool imaginable at my disposable, yet can't seem to get going and stay with it. I must just be lazy, don't want to work for it. In every other aspect of my life, I've been successful in making goals and attaining them. Why do I fail so miserably at this?

Well, I won't throw in the towel.....it has to click or kick in or whatever, eventually. This month's issue of Good Housekeeping has an article titled "5 new rules of weight loss".....and basically it comes down to.......portion control and journalling. Like I didn't know that already! It's by a personal trainer based here in Chicago who charges, get this,....$10,000 per week to overhaul your life and custom design your menu and workouts. Gee, I wonder if Oprah's used him?

I know I can lose weight for free.....I've just got to stop whining and do it.

thanks, everyone, for listening!

~Jen
Old 10-14-2001, 09:43 PM   #17  

Es - you are too funny about your 70 year old stand up comedianne ww leader Well, do you think David is serious about this woman - it is rough when you take on a ready made family. But he's mature and I'm sure sensible. When willie and I got together he had 3 kids from his first marriage and I had a son from mine. It worked out but it was difficult in the beginning. But, I always tried to be a friend to his kids and not a mother, since they already had one. We had them on weekends and we took them on vacations with us, etc. I guess that's why I have a good relationship with them now as adults. His daughter's children I consider my grandchildren, same with his son's kids. I love them as if they were my own. Then with the added problem of the cancer, that's gotta be really hard. I wish her and him the best.

Jen - I envy you not having to go to work or scramble everything into 2 days. Well, I only have about 15 more years to go to retire Jen, I know what your'e going through with this whole ww thing, its up and down, sometimes it clicks and you can be so motivated and other times it just goes out the window. But the important thing to remember is not to give up entirely. If you have a bad week, there's always Monday to start over. That's how I look at it. There's always the next day. We're in this for the long haul. Oh and hey, I must say that $9.95 for a ww meeting sure sounds cheap compared to what that guy charges

Well, I'll say goodnight for now. Hope to talk to yous tomorrow. Have a good "fresh start" monday everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-14-2001, 09:51 PM   #18  

Whoops - one more quickie.

Hey Janie -- The yanks are still alive, YES!!!!!!!!! The game was good tonight - 9 to 2, WOW! Tomorrow back to NY.

They are no longer:
Old 10-14-2001, 10:34 PM   #19  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies ~ another Sunday night and another weekend bites the dust!! I got everything (most everything) I wanted to do, done. I didn't get to put the fall decor out but I can do that tomorrow. I just want to sit back and relax right now.

Dianne ~ That penne pasta with garlic and oil (evin a little oil) sounds wonderful! I'll bet it was delicious

Es ~ I hope everything works out for your son and his girlfriend. I can imagine how stressful this is for you too and I am thinking about you.

Jen ~ I too live for the day when I don't work anymore. To be honest, I never really HAD to work. At one time, I was the only person around since most families needed 2 incomes so out of being bored, I went to work. I still do not HAVE to but now, I'm too used to the extra paycheck.
BTW, I have my mammogram 'script' from my doctor to do now. I just haven't made the call but will tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

I agree with Jen ~ everyone is steadily losing while I, as strong as most people, cannot seem to stick to my program. I have no idea what's wrong with me lately (lately as in about 8 weeks). I just am so weak when it comes to eating the wrong things. Tomorrow is another Monday and with hubby out of town, I may be able to get back into the swing of things.

Well ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Talk to you's tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:55 AM   #20  

WOW!! It is late and I just got done reading all the posts. Lots of conversations today. I will reply tomorrow in the daytime. It is midnight here right now.

Essie,
I can't believe she went 8 yrs. wow. That is scary.

I know we all can do it. It may take a while but it will get done.
Patience is the biggest part of it.

No, not my hubby but I'll take him just the way he is.
He's a sweetie! Don't think I could trust the guy with the bowflex.

I'll write more tomorrow.
Good night.
Terri

Stole every GIF. Great ones.
Old 10-15-2001, 04:56 AM   #21  

Smile

Happy Monday Ladies,

Fresh start Jen. I'm with Dianne, I probably won't be able to retire for another 15 yrs. We definitely need 2 incomes. I'm fortunate that I've been at my job 13 yrs. & make a good income working 4 days a week.

Terri, if she would have done something about it back then she wouldn't be needing chemo today. It was very small(cyst). This is what she told David. Your attachment is beautiful!

Yes, we do need lots of patience with this program. I KNOW IT'LL WORK IF I WORK IT I'm going to try real hard today. I'm going to try it one day at a time.

Zoe, I'm glad you did everything you needed to do. You need some down time

Dianne, Pete is very happy the Yanks won. I could always tell in the morning cause he pulls out a Yankee shirt

Well, let me get ready for work. The new office manager is getting on everybody's nerves. I just try & stay away from her.
She's on a POWER TRIP!

Have a great day!

Be back later

Love,
Es
Old 10-15-2001, 08:32 AM   #22  

Happy Monday to you too Essie.
Hope your day isn't to bad with the new manager. Always has to be one to make a day hard.

I am happy the Yanks won.

It is a new day and a fresh day to start.
Start your engines and let's go!

Terri
Old 10-15-2001, 11:28 AM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Very cool attachments, girls! Doesn't the 40's thread look great?

Ahhhh, another Fresh Start Monday.

It's sunny and in the 50's here today. We had tons of rain over the weekend, quite a bit of local flooding, not our street luckily.

Essie, hope your workday is smooth going with the new manager. I'm sure you can handle her

Terri, I've been meaning to ask, how's Tanner? His puppy pics were so adorable, haven't heard about him much lately. I imagine he's much bigger!

Myra, I continue to read your journal with interest. When did you become a vegetarian? We tend to have meatless dinners a couple of times a week. Neither Joe nor I have ever been big meat-eaters, and have been eating less and less it seems.

Dianne, and Janie, congrats on the Yankees' win!

Zoe, I know what you mean about the paycheck. When I quit my job 14 months ago that was the most difficult to make...no more money of "my own" ! But it's been worth it, definitely

Joyce HI

have a great day!
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 10-15-2001 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:46 PM   #24  

Happy Monday Everyone!
I can't believe it the Yanks are still in. This is the best Monday morning I have had in months!
I have to say though, Watching baseball is not good for staying OP. I think I may have gained a little this week. Will know for sure on Wed when I WI.

This weekend was crazy: Sat I went to the Club and did a kick boxing class. Right after that Ellen had a soccer game. The first one that they lost all season. Then Ellen had a b-day party at a local ranch. They had all the animals out for a mini petting zoo. I got calf schmutz all over me.
Then Sunday I had to sing at church and after lunch Ellen's Brownie troop had to make a scarecrow for a scarecrow contest at the local fall festival. Fortunately none of these events conflicted with the baseball games. It's weekends like this that make you happy to go to work on monday morning to relax.

DO any of you listen to the Dixie Chicks? I just bought their FLY cd and I love the 3rd song "Cowboy take me away".

Have a wonderful OP day,
Janie
Old 10-15-2001, 02:41 PM   #25  

Love that song janieD.. I love the Dixie Chicks. I saw them in concert. Man, you sound as busy as me. Love it though.

Jen,
Thanks for asking about Tanner. he is 40# now. He is a sweetie and he thinks he is still 4#.
I am going to try to attacjh his before and after pic on the bottom.

Went to the gym and did an hour long class of step aerobics and Ball and then did the weight machines. Felt good at the end.

Hi everybody.

Terri

Here is his before: I can't send an after until Bruce shows me how to cut it down in size.

Last edited by points; 10-15-2001 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:50 PM   #26  

OMG Terri, he was so cute then & I'm sure he's real cute now. I love animals. Dogs are my favorites. I would be kissing him all day long. Office manager - "bang zoom"! Remember that?

JanieD, another one with a busy schedule I don't know how Pete is going to stay awake to watch the game tonight. He gets up at 2:30 a.m. Works from 5am - 1:15 pm & had to work 5 hours overtime He is going to be beat. Talk about snoring!!!

Jen, the office manager was on her power trip but I just did my work & stayed out of her way. Yes, I can handle her.

Gotta confess I had quite a bit of chocolate today at work. Oh well, can't beat myself up over it. SO OUT OF CONTROL! The Little Engine That Could, couldn't.

Hi Dianne & Myra

Till tomorrow or maybe later.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:26 PM   #27  

I remember the "Bang zoom"
You are soooo cute! Glad you can handle that office manager. You go.

If she gives you any crap just tell her I said to LEAVE YOU ALONE!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-15-2001, 09:43 PM   #28  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies

Another Monday under my belt. I really dislike Mondays.

Es ~ I would love to work 4 days a week. I told my boss that I would work 40 hours a week in 4 days anytime she wants to let me.

Terri ~ cute, cute, cute doggie.......

Dianne ~ Fresh start?? I've had so many of them in my life. I need one that sticks......

speaking of which........

I'm having a rough time. I need prayer, something not of myself. For my eating and health. Here we all are, on a wonderful board with this wonderful group of encouraging girls, an inspiring thread of 40-ish ladies ~ all for the assistance and help for us all to eat healthy and to lose the extra pounds that we have accumulated over the years. So here I sit, needing to lose 30 more pounds..(I say "more" because I really have lost some weight)....I say 30 because I've been too chicken to get on the scale lately......ok, so I sit here needing to lose 'approximately' 30 'more' pounds and today, as I was eating my fries in the car, on the way back to work from Wendy's, I'm thinking...."I have absolutely no desire to diet!" Is that scary or what??? I have NO DESIRE TO DIET and I need to! <sigh> I eat and eat with no care about it, like a thin person trying to gain a few pounds. I have fast food for lunch and think, ok Patti, there is no reason for you to have a big dinner since Greg is out of town.....so what do I do? I go to a fast food place and get dinner, no regard what-so-ever for the fact that I am seriously hurting this wonderful temple that God has so trustingly left in my care......so my friends, please excuse my rambling and I thank you all so very, very much for being here.

Ok.....another 'fresh start' tomorrow. Love you guys!!

Last edited by Zoe; 10-15-2001 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:08 PM   #29  

Es - "To the moon Alice" - that's what you tell that manager of yours That's actually something I do with the grandkids in the park - I push them on the swing, I get under the swing and yell to the moon Alice -- for year's my granddaughters thought their names were Alice One time my stepdaughter said I'll push you honey - and my granddaughter said "no, only Gramma Dianne knows how to do "to the moon Alice". Some crazy memories my grandchildren are gonna have of me, huh

Oh Zoe - I know what you are going through right now - we have all been there at one time or another. Sometimes I feel like I purposely sabatoge myself. Last week for 3 days in a row, I had a piece of chocolate cake and a banana for lunch! Like I was really balancing out that meal with a banana! Today, I decided a fresh start was in order "Again"! So, I will just go day by day, that's it. Today I was on program. Maybe tomorrow I will be on program, maybe not, but I'm taking it one day at a time. Right now, that's all I can manage. If I screw up tomorrow, I'll start over on Wednesday. You can't beat yourself up over this weight loss stuff, it won't help. Just try to take it day by day.

Terri - Tanner is adorable -- I can't wait to see him as he is now. Sooooooooo cute! And I'm not an animal person, but I like him.

Hi Jen, Myra, Janie, Joyce and anyone else who may be lurking. Come join us.

Talk to yous guys tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-16-2001, 05:14 AM   #30  

Terri, thanks so much for defending me I've noticed this woman has a lot of personal problems that she can't handle so she tries to make everyone around her miserable. It doesn't work with me

Dianne, too funny about your grandkids (to the moon Alice). I love the Honeymooners. They were so funny.

Zoe, I will be praying for the 2 of us. I eat healthy because I have too. But no desire whatsoever to diet. I've lost it somehow. The only thing that makes me feel a little better about it is that I do try & make the right choices & I exercise. It's been hard the past 2 yrs. You're not alone. We will find the answer One Day At A Time my friend.

Be back later.
Have a great day everyone

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-16-2001 at 05:17 AM.
Closed Thread