View Poll Results: How much water do you drink in a day?
less than 16 ounces 0 0%
32 ounces 4 36.36%
64 ounces 5 45.45%
A river of water 2 18.18%
What's water?? 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 06:37 PM   #16  

I am so sorry Myra. I hate it when a wrench gets thrown into my daily routine. Especially when it costs money. Hope it all works out. You are doing so well with the exercising and everything it will all turn out. Good luck and I hope the cost isn't to bad. I wish we weren't so dependent on cars.

Terri
Old 10-08-2001, 07:44 PM   #17  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hi and check up on some things. I'll be back later to post......hope everyone's Monday was a good one.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:19 PM   #18  

Hi guys

Yep, Es, this is so much fun, lol. It is addictive. Well I guess we could be addicted to worse things Bowling was cool, we won 2 out of 3 games and I had a really relaxing day, except I was mostly on the computer downloading tons of gifs

Myra - Sorry about the car problem, that's bites. But, its great that even with the stress, you seem to be able to stick to program - good job.

Hi Jen - How are ya? How is your weather in Chicago, must be cool. It sure is cool in NY.

Hey Zoe/Patti -- I think you have created a few monsters here, But it is fun. Thanks again.

Hi Joyce, Janie, and everyone else.

Talk to you soon,
Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-09-2001, 10:51 AM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Thank you to Zoe for the newly acquired computer skills! I just may be one up on my son ! I printed your instructions and from there on it was a piece of cake.

Myra, hope your car troubles are minor and the repair bill small. They are such a necessary evil.

Joe and I had a great time on Sunday, ended up having dinner in a tiny little town. The restaurant was hosting a Lions' club meeting, their main dining room was filled with approximately 100 members and their wives. We sat in the bar area for dinner, at a window overlooking a beautiful little lake with lily pads, white swan....it was so pretty. As we waited for our meal, the meeting was going on in the next room. Suddenly, the entire group began to sing God Bless America.....even the men sitting at the bar turned off the football game on the tv, stood up and listened. It was incredible to hear all these men belting out the song with such intensity. They were of the age to have served in the Korean war, and probably WW II. Joe and I could only sit there and listen, we both had tears running down our cheeks. I will never forget that moment.

Will be back later...have a good day!

~Jen
Old 10-09-2001, 11:26 AM   #20  

Jen,
That had to be so emotional. What a moment.

Terri
Old 10-09-2001, 11:31 AM   #21  

Hi everybody. I just joined a gym called Lady Works. It is really nice and has everything I want. I went this morning and did all the machines and crunches and stretches and then I went on the elliptical trainer for 10 min. (Never been on one before) and then the treadmill for 15 min. It felt great. I am going on a 14 day trial. I am going to try a class tomorrow. Haven't done a real class since before Britts was born. Then "Physical" was the song to work out with and we had the leg warmers. 0

I love stealing all these GIFS. Thanks guys!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-09-2001, 02:11 PM   #22  

Hey Terri - Good for you - that gym sounds like "fun" Physical, OMG, Olivia Newton-John -- I used to love that song, never went for the legwarmers though

Wow Jen -- I can imagine how wonderful, sad, poignant that moment was for you. When my neighborhood held a candlelight vigil (we lost 4 firemen from our firehouse), we sang also and it was amazing. Such togetherness - it would be a wonderful thing if that feeling could last always. That's the one saving thing from this disaster is that everyone seems to have been drawn closer together, like one huge family.

Well, I jinxed myself - I called in sick yesterday and today I AM sick I went into work and then left right before lunch. It feels like allergy/sinus/headache so I've just been laying down, cause my head hurts when I move. That's what I get!

Hi Zoe, Terri, Joyce, Janie and everyone else. Hope you guys have a good day.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-09-2001, 06:13 PM   #23  

I hope you feel better Dianne. I didn't know you lost some firemen. That is so sad. It is about time they get recognition for the work that they do. I always had a high admiration for the work that they and the Police do.

Hi everybody!
Terri
Old 10-09-2001, 08:03 PM   #24  

Hi Buds

Terri, way to go!! I think you're going to like the gym. The whole gym atmosphere is cool Thin & Fit, allllrrrrright!!!! You are on the right track.

Dianne, my heart goes out to the families & friends of those firemen. Our Heroes Hope you feel better real soon. This disaster has brought alot of people together then there are those that will never change. Just mean spirited.

Jen, what a moment that must have been. They sang it at my church & all you heard were people sniffling. As soon as they started singing Pete handed me a handkerchief. He knows me so well.

Myra, I hope whatever needs to be done on DH's car won't be too expensive. Pete's having car trouble also. Can't win huh! Hang in there okay?

Hi Zoe

Till tomorrow my friends.
Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-09-2001 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2001, 08:07 PM   #25  

Angry

My attachment didn't come out

Trying again.......
Old 10-09-2001, 10:38 PM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, that's great that you're going to the gym. The 14 day trial sounds like a good idea. I've really got to make an effort to exercise and stick with it.

Dianne......doesn't it figure you'd really get sick? Hope you're feeling better.

My niece is coming over tomorrow to raid my yard and take some plants. I've got to take down the remainder of the garden....always a depressing task. How can the summer go so quickly, and the winter drag on and on??

later!
~Jen
Old 10-10-2001, 01:03 AM   #27  

Great attachments!

Thanks so much for the encouragement with the gym.

Talk to y'all later.
Terri
Old 10-10-2001, 12:13 PM   #28  

Terri,
Congratulations on joining the gym. We have been members of the local Tennis & Fitness club since we moved to CA. I love it. When I am motivated I go at least 3 times per week. There have also been months that I haven't been there at all, but you know how that is.

Jen,
That must have been a very touching moment. I certainly hope the unity that has sprouted from all of this stays with us for a long time.

Myra,
How's the car? Doesn't it always seem that when things are going well, something like a car or in our case the dishwasher somehow finds out about it and screws it up? Our dishwasher is 10 yrs old and it is starting to make terrible noises. I am now afraid to turn it on before I go to bed or am leaving the house. If it decides to blow up I want to be there. BTW good luck when you WI tonight!!

Everyone,
Well I weighed in this morning and lost 1.5#. That makes 20# since July4. I am so excited this also means I am now in th 150s. I know I couldn't have done it without the support from you folks!! Your are the best!!!

God Bless,
JanieD

Last edited by JanieD; 10-10-2001 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2001, 12:50 PM   #29  

Default Hello there

Hello Zoe
Thanks for the welcome. It is just what I needed to jump in and add my 2 cents worth to this conversion. I am 42 married with 2 children. I work part time as a computer Programmer and I am very new to WW. Just joined for the first time 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping to make a success of it!

I do have a ? about the program. My children girl(8) and boy (6) need the fat component in their food. I don't like to cook with all low/no fat products like cheese/yogurt etc because I feel like I'm taking away nutrition that they need. They do drink whole milk and I drink skim but I'm not sure if that is enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice on this. It would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by bouphy; 10-10-2001 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:25 PM   #30  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Janie, congrats on the loss and your entrance into the 150s. Wish me luck for my WI. If my home scale is any indication my news is not going to be as good. It shows about a half lb. gain. I was hoping to get into the 150s as well, but if I don't make it this week I should next week. I am determined to break that barrier.

Welcome to our group, Brouphy. I hope you will find the support you are looking for. I have. I am 43, the mother of a 16 year old, which is a whole new set of problems. I am a lifetime member who has gained again and am losing again. After struggling a while program sort of clicked in May and since then I have lost about 25 lbs.
Closed Thread