Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Default Anyone following Pratt's Superfoods?

Hi all,
I was lurking on this board a while back and first heard about Dr. Pratt's "Superfoods RX" books. I bought them both, read the first one, am now halfway through the second one. However, I started eating superfoods as of today and I really want to try to live according to the healthstyle he recommends in his second book. I love the fact that the books focus on healthy lifestyle and not losing weight. Although I could stand to lose some weight, I'm more interested in health and I know the weight will follow.

I've had a horrible time since moving to South Dakota and of course it's shown up in my bad eating habits. I'm a diet/binger and that's only been perpetuated by my crummy situation the past months. To my credit, though, I've been exercising regularly adn continuing to do so. Now I've added resistance training and yoga for stress management (since that's a big part of why I've been on the diet/binge cycle). With trying to incorporate many of the superfoods, I'm eating about 1500 calories a day which is a bit scary, since I'm used to doing "diet" level 1100-1200 calories a day but I know if I do that I'll be on the road to failure.

I know several people on this board are eating superfoods and I'd love to hear from you.

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

That book inspired my weight loss success. I talk about it a lot in my "success story" that is linked in my sig! I made it a goal to eat 10 different super foods a day I used to count them every day, but eating healthy whole foods is just habit to me now.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #3  

I try really hard to incorporate as many foods from the books as possible. Some days are better than others, but I do keep a mental tally of how I'm doing.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for the replies (and Glory, I have read your success story and seen the pics - what an inspiration!)

Right now I'm trying to incorporate as many as I can, though I don't really count them. I can't use all of them, mainly because I did a tally that if I included all of the superfoods in the amounts suggested, I come up with about 1900 calories a day, which is way too much for me. However, I'm loving what I'm doing now and pray I don't fall off the wagon with the holidays coming up (I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and Xmas, so foodwise, I can stay cleaner than most).
Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #5  

I am about 1/2 way thru the second book (the one that focuses on lifestyle). I think everything he says makes sense. Officially, I am a WW Lifetime member (on the Core program) but I try to incorporate many SuperFoods into my daily/weekly meal planning. I am trying to eat more yogurt since I don't drink milk, except occasionally when I have cold cereal.

All the best--
Elana
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote