Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 128.7kg/125.1kg/80kg

Height: 168cm

I swear on Fennel Tea. It always helps me in such situations.
Tanyanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I'm with Firecracker777!

I've had this problem as well (as has my husband). It's the extreme increase in fiber and the change in your daily diet. Your body just needs time to adjust, so it's freaking out a bit. It's worth it though! Take whatever of the gasx, beano, that help you, and hopefully in the next week or so you won't need it anymore!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #18  

Gas and constipation are something I have had problems with since infancy. Like, painful to the point of nearly passing out. (and my tummy is SO loud! Even when I don't let it out, you can hear it rumbling around in there!) I've tried TONS of different things. Peppermint helps with the gas- more specifically- peppermint water helps (helps babies too!) Taking a good probiotic can help (I use Advocare's Probiotic Restore Ultra), and water. Obscene amounts of water. Water water water. I don't know WHY the water works but it does. Good luck!
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I'm a vegetarian with a high fiber diet. I have maybe 3 BM a day. The more fiber you take, the more water you must drink, or you'll be in a lot of pain. Fiber without water leads to constipation.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #20  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Well, I have added kale to my usual intake of kimchi and my gas is even worse. I am not constipated. Quite the opposite. I have to run to the toilet. I am explosive! I still consider it a small price to pay since these foods are helping with my weight loss.

The trick for me is in the timing. An hour or two from lunch I need to be in a restroom. Not in a gym, for example.

Basically, this stuff is fermenting in my gut. And going crazy. But in a way I can live with (just).

Quote:
(and my tummy is SO loud! Even when I don't let it out, you can hear it rumbling around in there!)
That's me. It GROWLS. Like a lion.

Beano cannot control this beast. No amount of it.

Last edited by IanG; 10-21-2014 at 09:45 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Well, I have added kale to my usual intake of kimchi and my gas is even worse. I am not constipated. Quite the opposite. I have to run to the toilet. I am explosive! I still consider it a small price to pay since these foods are helping with my weight loss.

The trick for me is in the timing. An hour or two from lunch I need to be in a restroom. Not in a gym, for example.

Basically, this stuff is fermenting in my gut. And going crazy. But in a way I can live with (just).

That's me. It GROWLS. Like a lion.

Beano cannot control this beast. No amount of it.
His is me! If you eat a lot of fiber and drink enough water you willl NEED a bathroom after meals! Lol! My friends tease me on this....!
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Does Beano actually work for people?
My mom got a little bottle of Beano when I was a teenager, and her, my sister and I all had it with meals or whenever it was we were supposed to take it... I remember it actually made me gassy, and I wasn't usually gassy. Mind you, I was a healthy weight at the time so maybe that makes a difference? Also, I've always been mildly constipated so that could be a factor (I wasn't on a high veggie diet like some of you guys).
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Digestive enzymes really helped me when I was getting monstrous gas from iron supplements, but then I'm on meds that reduce my stomach acid.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 307/298/200

Height: 5'10"

If you are eating beans/ legumes then do a quick soak instead of an overnight soak and add some kombu ? ( hard type of seaweed toss when done if you want ) this was really helpful for my family not as much gas and no pain. Good luck.
Bunnysrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Yeah, I think they say about a week or two for it to feel normal. My mom had a similar issue recently when she started using a Nutribullet, but felt better after 3-4 days so hopefully you're in the home stretch!
Eat a slice or two of pineapple 30 minutes or so before a meal. It works!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 2"

I have been on my super veggie charged eating plan for about three days now and I have a painful problem. I have the most painful atrocious gas in five counties! I cannot go back but I am in pain! Any tips for living with this or alleviating somehow?

BEANO. It really helps. Take 3 or 4 Beano before each meal. After several weeks your body should adjust to the dietary changes by producing enzymes and the gut bacteria will change. The gas will be greatly reduced.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #27  
blubberbutt

S/C/G: 250/178/135

Height: 5'3"

I've been vegan for about a year. The transition period wasn't too clean but after I started really cleaning up what I ate, i was finding the massive increase in fibre to be too much and I struggled a lot with IBS too. I've found that the only thing that really keeps my digestive tract in order is to exercise a bit and get everything (Gas included) moving. Eventually your body just adjusts to the super happy healthy foods you are eating c:
nolimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #28  
blubberbutt

S/C/G: 250/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh and parsley really helps too!
I was making Parsley and ginger tea (mostly because I can't stand the taste of fennel which is supposed to be fantastic for relieving those kinds of pains!) and its still my go-to tonic if i'm having issues of that nature c:
nolimits is offline   Reply With Quote