What's for Dinner?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks

I'm going to make that for Sunday.
  • 3forus - Thanks, I will definitely try the onions that way.

mandalinn82 - the beet risotto sounds delicious. Do you use fresh or canned beets?

I didn't end up making everything I wanted to this week, best laid plans right? Saving the butternut squash risotto for next week, can't wait!
  • Tonight I am making curried ground meat (turkey & buffalo) with green peas and cabbage.. served with buckwheat crepes.
  • Quote: Tonight I am making curried ground meat (turkey & buffalo) with green peas and cabbage.. served with buckwheat crepes.
    Recipe...pleasssse! Sounds deeeelish!
  • Tuesday was brown basmati rice, sesame broccoli and marinated chicken breast from Trader Joe's. Last night was turkey bacon, a cheese and onion omelet and oven roasted home fries. I also made and froze some twice baked potatoes.
  • Yesterday - beef chili with small red beans. Mmmm.

Today - Pork tenderloin, beet risotto, roasted cauliflower.
  • This soup:
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/11...kale-soup.html
    I'm not vegan, but it seems that most of what i cook is! This soup was delicious.
  • I haven't been in the mood to cook lately, so my recent dinners have been whatever's simple: raw vegetables, cut-up cheese, bread, yogurt.

I recently made a nice tofu/vegetable dish with peanut sauce, served over soba noodles.
  • Tonight is a lot of little bites with all except the meat already made. I love having lots of small tastes of a variety: chana dal (chickpeas from the steam table at the Indian market), quick pickled onion, young mustard greens (from the garden) cooked with a bit of coconut milk and garlic, cornbread made with egg whites/one whole egg/pumpkin/roasted onion/fresh basil), tofu shiraitaki noodles with a bit of lean sausage and heaps of spinach and mushrooms and garlic, lean beef (top round well trimmed) cut in small bits/marinated with tangerine zest, garlic powder, touch of olive oil + Dijon mustard and quickly broiled, and homemade salsa and cilantro chutney to spice up some of the bites.
  • Making a special dinner for Valentine's Day. We are not big into celebrating but I love an excuse to make something new. So it is Italian Wedding Soup, Chicken Marsala, smashed red potatoes and roasted broccoli.

Since I'll have a 1/2 pound of ground beef leftover from the soup and a pound of ground turkey I'll probably make chili or taco meat on Tuesday and the rest of the week will probably be leftovers.