Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #16  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Buy a hibiscus-based herbal tea (Starbucks makes one, so do most major tea-makers). It is remarkably sweet tasting when brewed and iced.
That would be "Tazo Passion Tea", my FAVORITE ever!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Ok, i am on the hunt for "Tazo Passion Tea"

i will pick some up tomorrow
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #18  
RosieKate

I appreciate the dialog on this thread. Lots of good information and some great tips regardless of where people are in this equation. Our family eschews artificial sweeteners, HFCS, and limits "real" sugar. It's just where we are at and I certainly understand that other folks may be in a different place. If folks want some good reading on sugars, I recommend reading the chapter on sugars in Marion Nestle's What to Eat. She has a well-researched, very balanced (imo) approach to sugar consumption.

I have to agree with the Tazo Passion recommendation - that stuff is yummy, only I drink it hot. I haven't even thought about iced, but will have to try it.

One of my favorite teas is Celestial Seasonings Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea. Light and lemony sweet. Perhaps icing that would also help someone who wants a little lemon in their water?
Old 05-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If you want to eliminate sweeteners or your desire for sweet drinks, gradual dilution is often a lot easier than cold turkey.

I haven't completely eliminated artificially sweetened beverages from my diet, and don't know if I ever will feel the need to, but I do often mix fruit tea with Crystal Light (or Walmart's version) in a 1:1 ration. Usually I just heat up 2 or 3 cups of water, add 2 or 3 tea bags and steep until very strong and just put it in a gallon pitcher and add 1 tub of the drink mix and fill the pitcher with water.

My favorite tea to use are London Fruit & Herb Company fruit teas. Blueberry Bliss mixed with lemonade is my husband's favorite, and Peach Paradise with Peach Tea crystal light is probably mine, though I also love Raspberry Rendezvous, and Blackcurrant Bliss mixed with lemonade or raspberry ice crystal light.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #20  
greenhorn

S/C/G: 176/172.5/140

Height: 5'6"

This is a good post; I too have been addicted to Crystal Light to get my water intake, but I worry about the chemicals and artificial stuff... yuck.

I like the idea someone said earlier "For taste, lemon with fresh mint and a bit of stevia is nice"

There is a new water on the market--three kinds, lemon mint, mint and orange mint--company is called Metro maybe? they're great. I don't like buying bottled water for waste reasons, but that suggestion from Soulbliss looks nice.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #21  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Herbal Licorice tea is naturally sweet and is supposed to help blood sugar levels keep steady. The only tea my hubby will drink other than sweet tea.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote