Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #1  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default New Weight Watchers Material

Does any one have any opinions on the new WW points finder slide, complete food companion & dining out companion books?

Denise
Old 12-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

I love the new ww, for some reason it works for me. I stopped following the plan for a little while but seem to be consistent at losing 2 pounds a week when I am on the plan. I enjoy the points because I don't have the self control to stop eating when I feel full. I eat too fast.
I tried the points years ago and couln't get it for some reason so I quit but now that I have been back. I am constantly using the resources. Point slider, dining out guide and the food companion. I lent them to a friend and she also has been successful.
Good luck. I realized I had to change my lifestyle this time not be on a diet.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Newlifestyle, I'm not sure if you and Denise are speaking of the same thing. WW just rolled out new material this week, which has changed some people's point targets. Have you seen the new material?

I'm not too happy with the new points slider. It's not as sturdy as the other ones, the writing is too small for my older eyes, and the shape is strange. Could be just the newness--change is always difficult.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #4  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

I hate the new slider. The shape is square and too wide to really hold in your hand the way you could the old one. Also an awkward shape for your purse. Not to mention it is incredibly flimsy. On a positive note, it does have the points calculator and the points booster all on one slider. Still, it doesn't make up for the flimsiness and awkward shape. I'll continue to use my old ones.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #5  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Exactly. I didn't know if it was just me, but I got the new welcome book with the new points slider at my meeting yesterday. I wanted to give it a chance. After all change sometimes is good, but the points slider is not as sturdy as the old one and the square shape seems odd to me. I could easily carry the other one in my purse inside my spiral journal. The shape of the new 12 week journal is also square. At my meeting, they've already thrown away all the old welcome books along with the points slider.
Thanks for the input everyone.

Denise
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 AM   #6  

Yeah, I think they are going to take a lot of heat on just the design stuff--We want and deserve materials that are well-made and sturdy, as well as being easily tucked into our lives for transportability. If we can't easily accomodate the materials, how likely are we to use them? I, for one, find journaling terribly important--so much so that I record my plan in writing in the book, then my ACTUAL at fitday.com (yeah, they are usually the same thing, and I also make any alterations by editing the written record, but I like that the online site lets me keep track of the calories and I can journal my feelings and insights...)Anyway, my slider is NOT with me now, 'cause it doesn't fit my purse. So I join those of you who will continue to use the old ones...
Old 12-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #7  
banned

i heard bad things too. i wont be gettin my stuff til xmas eve tho so i dunno. i do know that someone on the ww board emailed some big shot bout issues ill see if i can find it
Old 12-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #8  
banned

http://amyroe.net/letter17.pdf
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 AM   #9  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

What a well written letter!!! I am definately going to use the address from it and send a letter of my own. I agree with everyone on the new slider. It's useless. It won't slide easily and is too filmsy. I have seen the new books and thought yea they are a new shape but didn't look like there was a lot of new foods listed in them. And the bag....well it leaves a lot to be desired. I like that it has a handle but it looks like a lunch bag. As for the way points are now figured, I have mixed emotions. The points are figured the same way the European WW'ers have calucated points for several years. The way I see it, we have to refigure and loss a point every 10 pounds. Not sure that is a good thing. Right now I am up a point from the old system. It appears that one is really going to have to earn AP points to supplement the points the smaller one gets. I am disabled and exercising isn't always an option for me. On a good day, yes I can walk on the treadmill 20 minutes or so (5 minutes at a time). Guess only time will tell if the new changes are a good thing or not.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  
banned

oh god help me..... thats so encouraging.(being sarcastic) not toward you chris just about everything you said bc so many ppl have saiod the same thing and i havent gotten my stuff yet. omn a positive note i heard the slider is the same if you wanna use the old one i think thatd be ok. is it ok for me to ask your disability cuz i have cp.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Quotes from my meeting today...

Leader: "What do you think of the new 3-month tracker, Al?"
Al: "To be honest, I don't really like it. I don't like the square shape of it."

--and--

Leader: "Can someone tell me why Weight Watchers smoothies are on the core snack list?"
Person A: "Because it has protein and calcium in it."
Person B: "Because Weight Watchers makes money from selling them."

Hee. It was good-natured and light-hearted, but still probably not entirely what our leader wanted.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #12  
banned

i have to agree w person b. i mean i find it 'funny' that they are suddenly core along w the famous fruities-which btw causes 'poop issues' so be warned. as for the smoothies there are other ways of getting proein into a home made one. thats what protein popwder is for and milk gives calcium.

im startin to wonder why i bought the new materials, this sucks.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #13  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

OH my disablities....remember you asked. Are you ready for the alphabet?? FMS (fibromyalgia), DDD (degenerative disc disease), OA (arthritis), TMJ (Temporomandibular joint disease), IBS (irritable bowel syndrone), GERD (gastric reflux), SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), then add a hitial hernia and a big case of clinical depression. I think I have listed them all but may have forgotten something....oh yes CRS (Can't remember stuff). Wow I get tired just typing it all.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #14  
banned

whatya know ive tmj too. really really bad on both sides. im so discouraged w treatment options. i even discussed it w the nurse at the drs office yest she has it too theere are no optopns aside from chiro and pt and ive done both. my tmj is bad bc i have a slipped disc or something like that in there

ps thanks 4 sharing
Old 12-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #15  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

OK, got my new stuff this morning. Wasn't overly impressed! I like my old slider better, it's more sturdy and easier to slide. The books? Well, I didn't buy them, just gave them a quick look through. The points for every food my leader mentioned stayed the same. Might be useful for core, as they've added foods to the core list, but I'm flex. The new tracker? No thanks. Don't like the shape! The old one fit in my purse very well, the new one is just too big! Oh, and my old slider fit in my old tracker well! I wish I'd have bought several of the tracker books last week! BUMMER!
Closed Thread