Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Exclamation Oil intake

I'm not sure if this should go under "food and points issues", but here goes:

I went to my first WW meeting last night. I've done the Program before, but always alone. Our leader gave us the challenge of incorporating 2 table spoons of oil into our daily intake. She also said that salad dressing doesn't count.

Any ideas?

I've come up with using olive oil in cooking, like stir fries and the like, but other than that, I'm kind of stuck.
What is working for everyone else?

thanks!
OG
Old 10-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Drizzle, cook, roast your veggies.

Cook or roast your meats.

Cook an egg or Egg Beaters in it.

Add it to yogurt or a smoothie (guarnateed you won't taste it).

Add it to your favorite fat free salad dressing or make salad dressing with it.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #3  

2 tablespoons? or 2 TEA spoons? I think you probably mean teaspoons. 2 tablespoons would be like 6 points a dya worth of oil, and the 8 healthy guidelines says some healthy oil, which when you check it off on the bottom of you tracker it's 1 teasponn.

Regular bottled salad dressing may not count in this partivular challenge as you are never quite sure it's a healthy oil they are using, but why couldn't you count home made vinegrette as you control the type and proportion of oil? Or is she just trying to get you to think outside the box maybe?

Sometimes I mix in a bit of garlic with 1-2 teaspoons and drizzle it on whole grain bread for a lower point garlic bread, I add it to to tomato sauce, use it instead of butter or marg. on grilled cheese, and of course use it to saute veggies ect.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #4  
banned

oil isnt req. on flex and shes wrong on the dressing... on flex it DOES count, so does lf margarine, lf mayo and regular peanut butter.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Andrea, FYI Oil has always been a requirement on all W/W programs from way back in selection time, through fat and fiber and through 1-2-3 Success, 10% Difference, Winning Points, Flex Points, and Turn Around. It was not made as big of a deal as it was in the past.

I did not even catch the 2 Tablespoons when in fact it is 2 teaspoons.

Yes back with Flex and previous plans you could use real salad dressing, margarine, butter, real mayo and any oil but now they stress the HEALTHY OILS. With the current program TURNAROUND salad dressing does not count be it on Flex Points or Core.

The only healthy oils that count are:

Canola
Olive
Safflower
Sunflower
Flax Seed
Closed Thread