Old 11-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #1  

Default A funny confession I made at work

I work at small company and I am the only female in my group. One person audits all our Internet usage. Today he went to the person I share an office with and asked if he was visiting a certain website. This got me to thinking about the web sites I visit when I am at work. Well www.3fatchicks is one of them. Good lord, the name of this site alone does not sound like an appropriate website to visit during work hours. (Especially with the Internet usage question I had just heard.) So I confessed to the IT guy that I have been visiting 3fatchicks.com, that it was a diet and weight loss site, and had a WW message board I visit. I got raised eyebrows from both my office mate and the IT guy. I swore it was NOT a site with naked fat women on it and kept say Weight Watchers. Luckily both men know I am on WW, but I still got a bit of teasing. I would die a thousand deaths if during a meeting the IT guy asked that who ever was visiting the fat chick site needs to cut it out.
loralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #2  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Yes we don't always think of how easy it is at work for a tech to figure out where we have been
Some of it could be embarassing!!!!

Cindy
MRSKMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #3  

he eh that is so funny,
dgjp8991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

Default I'm so glad you mentioned this!

That is too freaking funny! I never thought of the name being interpreted that way!!!

I check in at work when I have downtime, and I always scroll quickly as the page loads so nobody walks by and sees "3 fat chicks on a diet!" Not like they don't know I struggle with my weight, but I'd rather not people realize that I sit and peruse "trivial" web sites while at work.

I also work in IT, so I have a little more latitude (and comfort) with the rest of the IT team.

Last edited by phantastica; 11-03-2005 at 09:25 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

You know had he just taken a minute to bring it up before he had asked the other person...Hmmmmmmmmmm...common sense...that is what our IT guys do.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well...this one time I typed in the site address quickly and missed the 3...YIKES! It took me to an "adult" site - thank goodness that happened at home and not at work!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #7  
Eat well, Live well

Well...I heard about 3fatchicks by word of mouth, and the person told me just to type in "three fat chicks dot com" and so I literally typed "threefatchicks" and it was NOT nice at all. I told my IT guy, too, more for the laugh than because I was worried, I have a good rep here.
Allie Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

I made the same mistake when I had found the site then lost the favorite. It was a little surprising since I know that the site was not that type of site. It took some searching and thinking to remember the right site name.
healthygoals is offline   Reply With Quote