Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #1  

Question DIVIDING. oh the things i think of.

You know i was sitting there with my pointsfinder the other day and something totally hit me. If i decided i wanted to divide a portion into two, the points could be calculated way differently. As everyone who owns a points finder knows, fiber is something that makes the points of your food go down, or so it seems, but the problem with our points finder is that it only goes up to 4g and from then on is just in the 4 and above category. So if i divide something that has 8 total grams of fiber into two smaller portions, so that its 4 grams of fiber and 4 grams of fiber. i could count that item for less points? That could be a slip up in the system, or me just overanalyzing.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Only if you are eating one of the smaller portions and not both of them.

You seem to be trying to find ways to eat more for less points - I think you really need to talk to your leader about finding a way to stay in your range, not under eat and still manage to eat a healthy well balanced diet.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:50 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Separate points at separate times.

Same time total up cal/fat/fiber and then figure points is the preferred way to do it.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:15 PM   #4  
DebT.

Lipbalmer, I LIKE it! I'd go with that! I like the way your mind works. LOL
Old 05-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Trying to figure out how to cheat the system is not going to help you lose weight.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Deb and Lip, W/W set a cap on fiber back when the program changed from 1-2-3 Success/10% Difference to Winning Points because there are many high fiber foods that have high caloric intake. So that item that is 210 cal/1 fat/15 fiber would be 0-1 points...do you think that is right? No common sense states you need to account for those calories too.
Closed Thread