Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #16  
si, si signora

Yeah Susan. one day at a time without sounding like an chirpy optimist, you can do it.

East of eden was the book. I loved it because I love the natural history of the Salinas Valley and the way that Steinbeck describes the settlement of california. The cain abel/good evil is also important, but the writing itself is great.

I'm reading Phillip Roth's the Plot against america right now. Interesting, but maybe I should be reading something more uplifting.

Lisa -- Computer mapping is it. Bingo! I'm not a satellite person, but the GOES satellites are part of the deal. We work predominately with ocean observing systems in the water...

Pam -- Grocery store chain? Hmmm. Do you get a discount?

Oh well, back to work. DP just looked at my powerpoint, so I need to look at her suggestions.

Weighing in today, wish me luck.

lala
Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #17  

Height: 6'0"

lala, I don't know if I've ever read East of Eden, although I've read many of Steinbeck's books. So you work on things that look at those dastardly hurricanes??

Good luck at WI.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #18  
si, si signora

er, no. that is left to those in miami. Mostly north pacific stuff (alaska to mexico).
Old 05-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #19  
si, si signora

ack, its nearly 10 pm and I am starving. I am making dinner now. Can you believe it.

Baked fries and some faux meatballs (both will be fine in the am too) and roasting the last of the asparagus. I should probably make a bit of brown rice for salsa, rice and beans for lunch tomorrow.

I live such an exciting life.

Big Maintain this week. Can't say I'm too pleased, but I am attributing part of it to the advil and naproxen I'm taking for my shoulder. I made an appointment for Friday am to have a doctor look at my shoulder. Me thinks its time for xrays.

jacques has given up on his ability to sleep, so he has plonked down on the rug in my office. Its hard to be a basset with an early bedtime.

later taters.

lala
Old 05-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #20  

Oooh, dinner at 10 PM; I'd be up all night! Sorry you had no loss, but at least it was no gain. : )

You've had that shoulder problem for quite a while. Have you had an MRI?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #21  

Hi Ladies,

Well the lawn guy did an excellent job, I'm hoping the grass seed he put down comes in nicely, we've got quite a bare spot near the driveway. Weather is breezy and cool but at least no rain! I'm contemplating whether or not to give blood today at the office blood drive for the AMerican Red Cross. Sometimes I do fine, but other times it leaves me kind of woozy.
Tonight I must make a few alterations to one of Lauren's recital costumes. Dance pictures will be taken this Sunday at the studio. Lauren takes tap, jazz and ballet. This is her 11th year of dance lessons and she is really quite good, especially in tap.

Lala sadly no discount on the groceries. The chain I work for owns a lot of real estate and I manage their owned shopping centers. I'm sure the meds were a big part of the maintain at weigh in. I think xrays may be a good idea.

Susan I think last night wine was my beverage of choice. I can't believe I had 2 glasses with dinner and one more later on. I was feeling a little PMS'y and that took the edge off. Congrats on your OP day.

Lisa I've read a lot of Steinbeck but have not read East of Eden either. I think I will pick it up and read it when I go on vacation the week after next.

Well ladies time to get back to work. I've ordered my favorite for lunch today Pasta e fagioli. Yum....talk to you later.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #22  
si, si signora

Morning ...

If anyone wants east of eden, i'll mail it off. Thanks to Oprah, its been reissued and now 14 bucks. Used to be you could buy it in a used bookstore for one dollar.

Took old blue in for a tuneup and belt change -- at 150,000 miles its only 799 bucks in maintenance. I asked if the v50 were selling well, they said yes, but since it came out in 2005, we'll see no used cars or leased cars for another year or so...

I can hold off, my car runs fabulously, just needs a new front seat (tears)...

799 bucks is a lot of money. Sigh.

Pam -- glad to hear about your lawn. I'm contemplating putting down some seed as jcdm doesn't really visit the back anymore and someone of our fine tradespeople must have thrown something caustic on our lawn because its dead in one strange looking patch.

Not that we have a lush lawn or anything, its very ecological -- grasses, some daisies, dandelions ...

Lauren must be quite the dancer. Very impressive. Good luck with the costumes.

Lisa -- I fell asleep at 11:05. So, it was okay. I really hadn't eaten much after noon, so I needed something. Maybe next time a bowl of cereal.

Susan -- how is it going? I could use some wine later today, but alas, I'll probably just have water...

Well, I'm hoping to get some new figures for my talk today... My coauthor is not here yet... Yikes.

later ladies!

lala
Old 05-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #23  

lala, isn't it something that the vehicle runs fine, but the seats wear out? I'm glad you got some sleep.

Pam, yes, Lauren sounds like quite the dancer. That's great. I'm not that great in that arena for sure. I do have rhythm though.

It's very pretty here today. Lots of meetings [yawn]. Tomorrow I hope to play some golf. Saturday, it's beach time. Sunday DH and I are going to a play.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #24  
si, si signora

Can i go home now? Seminar went over 1 hour with demo, but some interest so that was good.

All I've had for today is a slice of bread with nutella, some cheezits and a latte. Me thinks I should locate some protein and veggies...

lala
Closed Thread