Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #1  

Default Question RE: WW first visit $$$$

I have a general question for all the WW people.
Ok, the WW closest to me charges as of right now $12 to join & no registration fee. So my question is about how much do I need to plan on spending that first night??? (I know it varies by area but a base rate would help). I know I want the 2 food companions & what else should I buy thats VERY helpful??

Also what will I receive my first week??

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #2  

Excellent question. I am going Monday for my first time and I'm in the exact situation. I hope this gets a lot of replies!
Old 04-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #3  
I WILL get in a bikini!

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

hi there! if theres no registration fee, it will only cost that $12 to for the first visit, and you should pick up the starter kit. It includes the dinning out companion and the food companion as well as a tracker and a case for ALL your stuff for I believe $20, you save almost 10 bucks that way. You'll get your first weeks tracker, the starters booklet (which breaks down both flex and core plans) and your points slider. Every week you'll get a new tracker and then on week 3, you'll get your activity points stuff. I only went to the first meeting and never went back and have done the diet perfectly on my own without useing the activity points method, and I am only 2 pounds away from my goal! Just another option if you want to save some money.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

each region like you already know will have individual pricing on all items. I believe my region charges $25 for the starter kit (you get a packet to hold your items, you get the Dining Out and Food Companion).

Personally unless you are doing Core the Food Companion and Dining Out Companions to me are a waste of money. You get better information utilizing the restaurant websites followed by the restaurant section here or at Dotti's or Health Discovery. And if you are following points you'll have the points finder to figure based on cal/fat/fiber.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

I am doing CORE and I think the Food Companion is a waste of money. If you look through the books, there is hardly anything marked CORE. I've just been following the info in my week 1 packet and also Dotti's etc.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:33 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone. I don't plan on going more than 1 week b/c I know I can do it on my own. I'm just that determined. I plan on doing points. I know Core will not be for me. There is an excellent Core Group on yahoo groups. Dotties is an excellent site. My concern is I need points values for regular every day foods, like fruits, veggies, milks, etc. Does anyone know of a site like that???? I've thought about just buying the stuff on Ebay but dayum its expensive there. I have the points that you posted for me Kelly on which number of points to do.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

FYI the Food Companion and Week One booklet have tons of Core foods listed. IT is the Dining Out Companion that has very few because without specifically ordering it is hard to do Core because of added things restaurants use.

Wanda, Don't discount Core completely even doing Flex you should utilize mostly the foods marked Core. It will help you to be less hungry and more healthy.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #8  

Thanks Kelly, thats good to know, & I will use that advice. I just know I can't stick to a diet were I can only eat "these" foods. With my fiance it would not work, especially if I am on the truck with him. BTW, I seen on Ebay where people are selling WW snack cakes. I recently seen where the Wal-Marts in MO are selling the WW snake cakes & bread. The price are not cheap on Ebay foe these either, ppl are even paying PRIORITY shipping. The seller says "so you get them fresh." Priority shipping is at the least $3.85, plus the cost of the cakes. At Wal-Mart they are right under $3 a box. Some ppl are so naive!
Closed Thread