Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #1  

Default New & Considering!! Looking for a few answers?

Hi, everyone I'm new. I have been a lurker for a quite a while.

I'm desperately considering weight watchers. Looking for questions to a few basic questions: What to expect at the first meeting and signing up?
and
If you sign up for a particular meeting time can you change that if you have something come up that night then return to your original night the following week?

I'm a stay at home mom with 2 little kids. I have lost some weight before on LA weight loss, but its just too constricting of a diet for me. I gained back what I had originally lost, plus the pressure selling at every visit was just too much to stomach after a while.

Trying to convince my husband that I can do this, he thinks do it on your own, that I spent money on LA and that didn't stick why will this?

Thanks for any input!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #2  

You don't sign up for a specifi meeting. You pay at the first meeting you attend for the week and can go to as many meetings as you like during the week without paying more. At the first meeting you will be weighed, given the Week One booklet and be asked to stay after the meeting for an explanation of the plan - be sure you do this! Good luck to you.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatie
If you sign up for a particular meeting time can you change that if you have something come up that night then return to your original night the following week?
Well yes you can attend a different meeting or meeting place the week you can't make your 'normal' meeting. All you do is show your booklet when you check in.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi peatie and welcome!

The first night you join up you have your first weigh and sit through the meeting. You will receive your welcome book, your weight tracker, your points slide rule and a paper journal. After the meeting their is a short orientation for new members where the leader will explain the plan in detail.

The difference with WW is that they teach you how to live with your plan on a day to day basis. There is no drastic restrictions of forbidden foods. You are taught how to incorporate the plan into your lifestyle; learn healthier eating, shopping and cooking habits; and you get to eat food that you like.

I have found that I can make WW friendly recipes at home and that my husband, family and friends are none the wiser and I can still eat out and have a social life.
Closed Thread