Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life-Nov 1/04

This is unusual; I'm starting the thread this week. It was very warm this past weekend; had to turn on the AC again. We'll have a cold wave later this week. Played a little golf; that was fun. Visited with some of my musical friends. I received a good quote from a roofer who may be able to start our roof this week! That is a very good thing.

I ate too much this weekend. I'm telling you the weekends are not my friends. I work and play hard, but I make up for it with my food choices.

lala, how was D.C.? I used to live in that area; there is so much to see and do. How was the wedding?

Pam, I'll bet everyone there is so excited about the Sox. We're excited here!

Melissa, Sherry, and Susan: hope you had a good weekend.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Wedding was nice and short, we left about an hour into the reception as we didn't really know that many people and it wasn't really a sit down reception.

DC was comfortable, not too warm and the leaves were splendid. We should have left from the reception and driven through more of VA. It was a nice fall day.

Back home and back on track. Going to make an appointment with the doctor about my hip. Its killing me.

lala
Old 11-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #3  

Happy Monday

I finally got weighed on Saturday. Ugh - up 1.2 from the last time for a total of 155.6.

Pam - the challenge is on! I'm aiming for an even 150 by Nov. 25th. I'm making an appointment for my reward - a pedicure - for the following day as added incentive. If I don't make the target, I don't keep the appointment.

lala: did you do something to your hip or is this one of those phantom things?

Lisa: This weekend wasn't my friend either. Glad the Hallowe'en leftovers went out of the door this morning - at least the chocolate did. I like having the small 1 oz. bags of potato chips around for when I get cravings. One or two will satisfy me and I don't have to worry about that open bag calling to me.

Hi to Melissa and Sherry.

Susan
Old 11-01-2004, 03:31 PM   #4  
si, si signora

I'm up for an even 130 by nov. 25th.

I'm really in a lot of pain and now I need my internist ( a dr. I met for 20 mins a year ago to give me a referral). I heart medical practices of the 21st century.

Grrrr.....

lala
Old 11-01-2004, 03:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon!

Lisa: Thanks for getting the thread up and running this morning

The weekends are not my friend either--I had a huge run in with corn chips and cheese dip...I can tell TOM is knocking at the door. The good thing is that I ate enough of them that the thought of eating any more of those buggers doesn't even sound good!

The weather on Saturday was great--it started out cloudy but ended up 78 and sunny. I washed my comforter and hung it outside because it was nice and breezy. Packed up more clothes from the basement and put them in the trunk of my car. Sunday I took them all to Goodwill (before I could re-think what I was doing) It felt good to be free of the stuff that I hadn't worn and probably wouldn't put on again.

Lala: DH and DS #1 went to WV over the weekend and they said the leaves were beautiful going down through the mountains. Hope you get the hip taken care of quickly.

Susan: I'm up for a challenge as well--I need to get back to keeping my journal and being more disciplined in my snacking. I figure today is as good of a day as any to get started.

Hi to Pam, Sherry!!
Old 11-01-2004, 03:47 PM   #6  
si, si signora

Hi Melissa -- Good for you and getting the clothes out of the house.

I did get an appointment with an internist tomorrow at 4 pm, so that is good.

Need to be more core like. I think its possible. I did just eat a bag of cheetos, but those are my cheetos for the week.

lala
Old 11-02-2004, 02:27 PM   #7  

Quiet day on this board. I've been a little swamped here at work and didn't get a chance to check in until now.

Nothing new. I'm going out for a run tonight. Have been drinking water like mad all day long and have spent quite a bit of time running to the washroom .

So, we have Pam, lala and Melissa in the Thanksgiving challenge.

Goals
Pam: 5
lala: ?
Melissa: ?
Susan 5.6
Anyone else?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Rainy day here. A bit antsy for the election results. DP wanted a new president for her birthday and we're trying to deliver here.

I'm down for at least 5, but it looks like 6. I got on the scale this am at the gym and I'm up, up, up.

Good luck with the run today Susan!

I have a drs appointment to look at my hip, but it seems to be better today. Go figure.

lala
Old 11-02-2004, 03:21 PM   #9  

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone. Woo, busy morning. I went to another building (drove there) for training, got back to my office, wolfed down a salad, and then checked my e-mail. You guessed it--back to the same building I was in for training to go to a meeting. I'm supposed to be moving to that building and I can't wait. This is for the birds.

Went to the polls this morning--very crowded. It took me 35 minutes to go through the line and vote. It was good to see so many people voting.

lala, what happened to your hip? Of course, it won't hurt when you are going to the doctor. Our cars act the same way. Go to the mechanic and the car is acting fine!

Susan, hope you had a good run. Sorry about the gain.

Melissa, you and I are corn chip fiends. At least I don't like cheese dip, but I love salsa. Yes, and good for you getting those clothes out of the house. I went through my closets last weekend and got rid of a few things.

Hi, Sherry and Pam!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:58 PM   #10  

It's a dreary day here--it's gotten darker out in the past hour and it looks like the sky is going to open up with a downpour! The temps are holding at 64...today is the last day for the warmth--the rest of the week is supposed to be much cooler.

I was number 5 at the polls this morning. I went before work and there wasn't anyone in line at that point.

Susan: Count me in for 3-4 for the challenge. My biggest obstacle lately has been not getting enough protein so I've felt hungrier than normal.

Lisa: I love salsa--yum! I have no desire to munch on corn chips, tortilla chips, etc. now that TOM has arrived.

Lala: Hope the dr's appt goes well. It's Murphy's law that the ache disappears once you get the appt.

I'll catch up more tomorrow. Have a good evening!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #11  
si, si signora

I'm too riled up today, however, tonight I'm going to spend one hour straightening out my gift wrapping closet and the stairs to our basement. I hate the amount of gack that has piled up there!

That should keep me out of trouble. I have no tv, so other than NPR, I have nothing to keep me up to date on the election results.

Have a good evening ladies.

lala
Old 11-02-2004, 07:11 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from the polls and it sure is busy. If the Red Sox can win the series hopefully the senator from MA can be president, at least I hope so.

The weather here is wet, dark and dreary and on the news tonight it said we could possibly get snow flurries by early next week! I finally cleaned out my closets and moved my summer stuff into the closet in the spare bedroom. Winter is unfortunately on its way.

Susan yup I'm in for 5 lbs and can't wait to see how I do at weigh in on Friday. I had a strange TOM experience this month, it actually came over a week early. I think my doctor told me that when they come closer together that sometimes indicates the beginning of menopause. I hope so. Anyway I've done pretty well eating wise, just hope TOM doesn't mess it up to much.

Lala sorry to hear your hip has been bothering you, do you have any idea what might be causing the pain? You had nice weather during your DC weekend. Hope your DP gets her presidential wish.

Lisa that was kind of a pain today going back and forth for training. Is the building you will be moving to nicer than the one you are currently in? Glad you got some golf in this weekend. I think my golfing is done until the spring.

Melissa I also tend to not get in enough protein, my other problem is not drinking enough water. So far this week I've been doing better on both fronts. Looks like the cold temps are headed your way too.

Well ladies I hope you all have a nice night. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #13  

Cold weather has invaded...it's a chilly 42 this morning and the forecast isn't looking too promising. Like you, Pam, I heard that nasty 4-letter word in our forecast as well. *sigh* We've been lucky so far and I'm hoping it'll just melt off or not materialize. One can hope!

Lala: How did the dr appt go? And the organizing of paper, etc.? I find that if I keep busy I don't eat. I came home last evening after working at WW and had a good dinner, only to waste 4 points on M&M's

Pam: It looks like the election results are going to take a bit--I really thought Kerry was going to pull it off. So the waiting begins. I did good with the water this week, although the protein part was a little tough. It didn't help that I was PMS'ing and nothing "satisfied" me. We'll see how things go at the scale today.

Hi to Susan, Lisa, Sherry!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #14  
si, si signora

is it too early to start drinking?

Melissa -- My appt. went well. I liked the dr. and she thought it might be my muscle, so she gave me some stretches. I felt fine yesterday, but she said if the symptoms flare up again I should take more advil, come in a get the x-ray she requested and set up another appointment. I can take that. She thinks it might be a hip thing, but couldn't really tell as it wasn't that painful. At least she spent 25 minutes with me, unusual these days.

I understand the m&ms. I had two frangos (the last thank goodness) and one smoked grey salt caramel last night. I went to the local shopping center to get a new bra and stopped at one of the best chocolatiers in the US for my latte (calcium), not only do the make a mean latte and cheap (2.19 with tax), they give you a misdip as well.

I did clean out the wrapping paper, put away clothes, file a bunch of stuff and make a decent little turkey stroganoff too. Also managed to spend 100 bucks shopping. That was not good.

I'm going to post a link to an interesting article I saw in our local paper about diet and mood in these winter months.

Lisa -- Office hopping is no fun. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Pam -- We did our best in Washington and California and Wisconsin. I'm not very pleased right now and for many reasons. I'm a pretty conservative person, but this campaign really riled me up.

Sherry - where art thou?

Susan -- Hope things are going okay!

Well, the blinds guy is coming by in 10 minutes, so I better get ready for him.

lala
Old 11-03-2004, 12:23 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

A sunny day here but the mood is sad. I was hoping Kerry would pull it off..just read online he will formally concede at 1:00 this afternoon. Lala we over here in New England tried too and I agree with your comments about being riled up during this election, I was too. 4 more years of W is a little discouraging.

My goal for today is to eat well, take a nice walk this afternoon in the sunshine and stay away from all the Halloween candy that is floating around my office.

Melissa good luck with the scale today..I hope it is kind to you. Yeah, hopefully if any snow comes our way soon it will melt off quickly. I can't believe how quickly the holiday season is approaching.

Lala I was thinking about your hip injury and I remember 2 years ago I started a new exercise program that included squats using an exercise ball placed behind my back up against a wall. I did these religiously for 3 weeks and developed a really sharp pain in my right hip. I went to my chiropractor and he told me it was a problem with my sacrum that was probably aggrevated by the squats. Anyway, he treated me for a couple of weeks and the pain went away but it was pretty intense at times. I remember at one point thinking the pain was worse than childbirth!!! Good luck with the blinds guy today.

Lisa I hope no office hopping for you today. I forgot to mention earlier good news on the roof guy getting a quote for you. Will he be able to start the work soon?

Hi to Susan, hope you enjoyed your run yesterday. What are the temps like in your area?? You must be getting some snow forecasts also.

Well time to sign off and get a bite to eat. I may be back later tonight. Have a great day.
Closed Thread