Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 08:13 AM   #1  

Hi everyone I just had my first week weigh in for the third time. I made lifetime with a weight loss of 38 pounds five years ago. I regained about 15 2 years later lost it agian but got lazy with tracking and excercise I regained 10. I thought it was a little less than that until my weigh in this week (I didnt look at my weight last week) I was down 1.6 this week I was secretly hoping it would be more but I finally feel so motivated agian!!!!!I will lose this 10 pounds agian hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm this time I really know I need to keep going to the meetings once I get there agian.
Old 02-25-2001, 08:38 AM   #2  

JustMe:
Congrats on hopping back on the program again, and on your loss. I am feeling a little lost right now, and thought maybe you might have some advice for me before I head down the road that it sounds as though you may have been down! I just got my lifetime membership last week, and since then have had three bad days. (out of four!) i still journalled, but things were out of control. what do you think you could have done differently that would have kept you from gaining the weight back? were you down to your own personal goal when you got to your ww goal?
any tips you might have or even just ideas would be very helpful!
good luck with take #3 at the program- you must really want this if you are willing to do it again!

------------------
~saskie~
start 201/WW 148/present 140.2/personal goal 130-135
Old 02-25-2001, 11:34 AM   #3  

Hi! I too am just starting my third time on the program. Last time I lost 35 pounds and was only 6 pounds away from my goal.. I moved and didn't continue and tried everyday to get back on the program(without the meetings) instead I managed to regain 28 pounds. I live too far now to go back to a meeting. But I know exactly what works. That is why I have come here hoping to get some support buddies. I just got a new tread mill and am excited to start losing again and MAKE my goal this time. The biggest things I did last time to lose it was exercise(I like TaeBo) and water water water. The journaling is also a very big helper. Like you said third time is a charm. I sure want it to be. I could use some buddies though. Thanks, MW
Old 02-25-2001, 01:49 PM   #4  

Hi thanks for the responses. I tried to send you a personal message saskie but messed up on it. I tried to clarifty it but I am not sure I did. Congratulations on making lifetime. 2sexy4thisbod consider me a buddy if you need to.
Old 02-26-2001, 04:52 AM   #5  

Thanks justme, I am really focusing on the exercise this time. The first time I lost weight on ww I didn't exercise much and I wasn't that firm the second time I lost more weight and felt firm, that's because I exercised hard. It makes a difference.
Old 02-26-2001, 08:02 AM   #6  

JustMe- i don't think i got your private message, but since i haven't ever gotten one before i am not sure! *L* i will look around and see if i can find it! how are things going for you today?
2SexyForThisBod- i hope things work well for you, and i agree that messaging is great support. my ww meetings have been no help at all lately, but the different people who visit these sites are great!
I hope to see lots of both of you around here- consider me a weight loss bud too, even though i am still on take #1! Maybe together we can get it right!
Old 02-26-2001, 09:11 AM   #7  

Saskie have actually never gotten a private message either. Last night was my first time trying to send one. I am not sure how to find them either. I know if you scroll down to the bottom of the options it days private message box.I had a pretty good day. Why do you think your meetings arent helping?The leader at mine is awsome well have a great week You too 2sexy4thisbod

[This message has been edited by Justme (edited 02-25-2001).]
Old 02-26-2001, 10:20 AM   #8  

Hi again. Just a little pep talk. I was walking on my tredmill this morning and I was telling myself I can do this I am absolutely miserable being overweight so I can either wine about it everyday and eat more make myself feel real bad or I can get off my butt and lose this weight and feel good again. Noone else can do it for me, noone else is going to make me do it. If I want to win this time I have to keep thinking positive and push myself. I know how good I felt last time and I know how I will feel again everyone around me will be happier because I will be happier.
Anyway, a little about myself now
I am a stay home mom of 2. I am 26. My inlaws own a r.v. resort so I work there during the summer time. I need to lose 29.5 pounds. Thanks for listening, duty calls MW
Old 02-27-2001, 06:44 AM   #9  

JustMe,
you will think i am an idiot- where do i find the "options"? *L*
My big problem (i think, not sure though!) is that about 8 weeks ago i hit my WW goal. At the same time i had to drop into the 18-23 pt range. Since i hit goal, i started to experiment with my pts range and never actually ate in the 18-23 range. i have continued to lose, slowly (5lbs in 8 weeks) but have had a rather crazy pts range....anywhere from about 23-28 with days of 100 and this past week three days around 50. i feel bloated and gross, and my mentrual cycle is screwed up even though i am on the pill....sorry, too much information! anyway, i am going to weigh in tomorrow night, see where i am at, then give the 18-23 pts range a shot for 2-3 weeks. i am just worried that it might mess with my metabolism, since i usually go to the gym and work out 5-6 days a week.
wow! i will stop my rambling- need to get to class right away.
2Sexy4ThisBody,
i am sure you can do it- we all can! i wish i had a good reason like a summer at a resort to motivate me! hang in there!
Old 02-27-2001, 07:11 AM   #10  

Saskie what I ment by options was when you first click to the friends message board section and you have all the choices, if you go to the bottom of the page there is a section that says private messages.I wasnt very clear sorry.When you click on it, I think that is how you get them. Im not sure because I have never gotten one either. I know what you mean about maitenence and points range. I sometimes had a hard time with it too. When I was there before.Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:54 PM   #11  

Hello there. I sure hope your weigh-in's
went good. I weighed 176 when I started now I am down to 173.5. My muscles are sore. I have so much more energy just from four days of exerciseing. I know the bloated feeling all too well. I have a hard time staying in my points range also. I am usually at the high end of my points. Unless I keep busy. which when you stay home sometimes isn't easy. I find if I sit and watch t.v. too long I am eating. So I limit my t.v. shows. I try to just keep the house clean and play with the kids. I of course have a few fav. reality t.v. shows that I must watch like this evening. But I can remember a time when I was obsessed with the soaps. I don't even watch them anymore. Anyway how boring is that.
Well good luck with the weigh-ins.
Old 02-28-2001, 01:04 AM   #12  

2Sexy,
congrats on the loss! I can totally identify with the being home and eating thing- luckily I am rarely home during the day. Night time, though, look out! Every binge day I have had (3 in the past month) has started as an in control day that went nuts in the evening. I feel a little better now, and think that I am ready to give the program a chance again--fully committed!
Do you have a set day and time that you weigh yourself, since you are too far away from a meeting to attend? If you ever need program info or anything, let me know! Good luck!
JustMe:
what day do you weigh in on?

This will be my first "unofficial/unrecorded" weigh in tonight. Doesn't feel any different than the rest, though!
Old 02-28-2001, 07:01 AM   #13  

I weigh in on saturday mornings, bright and early I like to do it that way before I eat or drink anything. A bit obssesive I know but it works best for me.When I track I go from sunday to saturday, that way I can use banked points for saturday nights if I want to go out.by the way I work with toddlers from 6:30 to 2:30 I think my line of work has helped me not to regain all of what I lost. If I had a desk job I would probably be in big trouble I do exercising with them like jumping jacks and running around the gym they love it and at the same time I can get some exercise done too.

[This message has been edited by Justme (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 09:28 PM   #14  

JustMe,
I am sure you are right-- I lost the biggest part of my weight during the months when I was running a summer program for kids and then when I interned in a kindergarten classroom! Its so fun to do physical activities with the kids- I can't wait to get a regular, full time, teaching job!
My schedule is a little crazy right now, I am in one city Thursday night through Monday morning- I live here with my fiance and work Fri/Sat/Sun waitressing. Then Monday night through Thursday morning I am in a city 4 hrs away for university, finishing my BEd. It has been like this since January, and I am a little stressed. This week is different though- I found out my grandma died last night so I came home for the week. I am going to try to deal with my emotions and not resort to over eating. Cross your fingers for me!
Oh- I weighed in last night- Only a .4 gain, which I totally deserved That makes it my 2nd gain ever, and they only add to .6lb so I am not unhappy at all!
I better run, I am going on only 4 hrs sleep, due to driving all night, and have to be at the nursing home to meet my family in less than an hour.
Have a great day!
~tara~
Old 03-01-2001, 01:11 AM   #15  

Saskie, I am so sorry about your grandma. It is real hard to lose someone. My sister just had a steel born baby with no idea, after nine months of a normal healthy pregneancy. Anyway the pain is so treacherous when you lose someone. I hope you will feel better soon.

It sounds like we all have something in common, We have little ones in our lives. They are so fun. My son is home today sick with the flu. My kids have never gotten sick as much as they do now that my son is in K. We have a really great school up here there are only 12 kids in my sons class and that is more then normal.

I weigh on Friday. I too like to have that weekend evening to eat a little extra. When I went to the meetings they were at 4:30 and I used to try real hard to not eat so I would be lighter Then I would go over board afterwards. I think it is great that saskie can travel so much and stay on program. I have to make a days trip to go into a city to do my shopping and I have a hard time not blowing it that day with the fast food. Well, I still need to get my exercise in today. I have been busy with my son, so I will have to sneek it in when he is asleep.
MW

[This message has been edited by 2sexy4thisbod (edited 02-28-2001).]
Closed Thread