Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 10:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all!

What a glorious God's day it is!

Thought I'd do a quick check-in before church.

Maggie - I haven't made the vegetable lasagne yet because DH keeps getting me offtrack. I think he is leary of trying it. Too bad. Its tonight or he gets nothing!

Geri - We're here. I forced myself to stay away from the computer yesterday and do active things. I went for a wonderful hour long walk yesterday at the nature park. It was great to have sunshine again.

I've been doing well with my food. We had KFC last night so okay, last nights meal wasn't so innocent. Overall, I'm really happy with how we've been eating. Plus I've been getting a lot more exercise. But my body is doing a weird water retention dance that I'm not sure what is up with that. I'm beginning to wonder if my HBP med isn't doing the job. The mail-in pharmacy switched brands on me and ever since then, I've been having big swings on the scale. I can't seem to break the swings either. And while I haven't been an with food 100% of the time, I have been journalling and feel like I should be losing something. Very frustrating. I see the doc next week and I'll ask her then.

Woops, time to go. Have a great day everyone. Be strong!
Old 04-09-2001, 01:13 AM   #17  
Dying to be thin

Hi Girls! Happy Sunday well now it's Monday I guess. We played volleyball tonight and lost all three games I personally did not do my best but I still worked up a sweat! I stepped on the scale today and it showed a loss so I am in the right direction. Hopefully the WW scale will be nice to me tomorrow!!! Tonight's post will be quick but hopefully tomorrow I can post reply's to everyone's posts!! Good luck at Weigh In's this week everyone!!!

Take Care!
Angie
Old 04-09-2001, 08:42 AM   #18  
Makin_it

Good Morning:

What a beautiful weekend.....

Well Shipshewana was wonderful and I did walk my feet off. The flea market isn't open yet but we spent our day visiting fabric and craft shops. I found some really nice material for quilting and spent a great day with 8 great gals. The drive was wonderful and the sun was shinning. I definitely want to go again when the flea market opens, will have to plan a vacation day around it.

Spent sunday working in the yard got a bit of a sun burn but was able to do so much more than last year, it felt great.

Did the dance thing again on Friday and Saturday night and I'm back at work today to get some rest...

Angie: when I get another 100 off, I think I will try to play some fun games of volley ball, I used to love it. Keep up the good job and I bet the WW scale is going to be nice to you tomorrow..

Determined: well I hear you with the water retention, I sure hope I'm over that for this weigh in..... Hang in there and I bet in time this will pass for both of us.

Thin: Well I don't know if this counts but I thought of the thread at least a few times over the weekend. Sounds like you had a busy weekend and you still managed to get out here and post, I guess I will have to work harder at touching base on the weekend too. I always feel much better when I come for a visit....

Well here's to a new day, a great week and continued success on your personal journeys to a healthier life!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Brenda
Old 04-09-2001, 03:32 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! On the road again, I just can't wait to be on the road again. WI went well this morning. Another 3 pounds down! Woohoo. I am doing the happy dance. I think I might just do it this time.

Terri: I told you I'd give the sun back. It was great here yesterday. We hit a record high. But today I got in a hail storm driving to a job. Yesterday must have just been a teaser.

Angie: Hope the scale was kind to you today. Sorry about the volleyball games but win or lose, it's still alot of exercise.

Brenda: Glad you found what you were looking for in Shipshewana. I was hoping that enough would be open to make the trip worth your while. What kind of dancing are you doing on Friday and Saturday nights? Sounds like fun.

Well girls, it's time to go get something done. Talk to you all soon. Have a wonderful evening.

Success is...being who you are and feeling proud of yourself for every task and challenge that you face and conquer along the way. - W. Clement Stone

374/322/??? Some number that I haven't seen in a very long time
Old 04-09-2001, 03:52 PM   #20  
Makin_it

WAY TO GO THIN
That makes you over 50!!!!!

As for the dancing..... my best friends daughter is a country singer and has a band that performs at a local bar on the weekends... so I'm country dancing and working at getting enough courage to learn some country line dances! Maybe in another 50 pounds or so. In the meantime I'll just keep my body moving with the fast songs and snuggle on the dance floor with my hubby on the slow songs.

A bonus of this is my hubby has been buying me a rose almost every weekend. Sweet guy!

Hope I'm as successful as you tomorrow night!

Brenda
Old 04-09-2001, 04:25 PM   #21  
Find a Way

WOOHOO to Thin - did you get your 50-lb magnet? What impressive numbers you have there honey.

I had a lot of fun in Albuquerque just hanging with my mom, sis, and nephew. It was nice to see him looking healthy since the last time he was in ICU hooked up on all kinds of things (problems with delivery due to being "sunny side up"). I stayed OP the whole trip, which was one of my goals for the month. And I came home to a 4.8 lb loss at WI today!!!! Got my 15-lb. star and hope to get my 20-lb next week (total of 18.8 lost). That means I'll even be able to add another charm to the old bracelet. And I'm finally in the 250s. It was MOST DEFINITELY worthwhile staying OP, even though there were plenty of temptations.

Forgiven - you mentioned something earlier that I have been working on for the last two weeks. That is to turn the negative whiny voice about all the hardships of staying OP into positive ones. Rather than think about all the foods I can't have (meaning points are gone) and how much it can suck to stay OP, I make myself think of all the GOOD things that will come if I stay OP. It has really made a difference in my attitude and has helped me immensely.

Well, lots of clothes to wash and things to catch up on. DH can be such a pig at times .
Old 04-09-2001, 07:42 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

WOW it sure looks like ya'all are doin' fine. I went to WW this day and showed a 2.2 pound loss. Jazzed I am about that YES. I am blowing bubbles in celebration.
Old 04-09-2001, 10:04 PM   #23  
Dying to be thin

Good Evening Everyone!!! BOY OH BOY everyone is doing GREAT!!!!
I am so proud of each and everyone of you!! Keep it up....as for me... the scale showed a 1.6 lb loss!!!! I am back on the wagon!!! WOOOHOOO and it feels great!!!!

Angie
Old 04-10-2001, 10:12 AM   #24  
Thin Within

Default GOOD MORNING Countdowners

WAKE UP get up you sleepy heads. It is a beautiful morning.

THIS IS A GOOD DAY TO BE ON PROGRAM

Way to go ANGIE Congratulations!

Maggie fixin' to take her Hazelnut coffee out on the deck in Tennessee
Old 04-10-2001, 05:28 PM   #25  
Find a Way

Maggie, actually it's kind of a sucky day to be OP. It's cold and drizzly and miserable. I had to go to the gym for my exercise rather than get to walk around my park ! Congrats on that loss, baby. Weigh to go!!

Angie, WOOPEE to losing 1.6 lbs. and an even bigger shout to you being back OP!!!!

I've got some extra incentive to stay OP myself these days. DH and I finally made reservations to go to Hawaii over the Thanksgiving holidays (it was so nice getting away from all the family stuff last year that we thought we'd try it again). Thanks to my spending over the last few years (using a Hilton American Express) we've got enough points for us to stay free for 6 nights at a wonderful Hilton resort - spa and everything. Now I've got to get serious with the weights so I'll have some tone as these pounds drop.
Old 04-10-2001, 11:09 PM   #26  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

Well really it is Good Night.

CYNTHIA You go girl! You will be on that island doing that hula! What a nice trip to look forward to. That is too bad that the weather didn't cooperate with you this day! But good for you to go and exercise regardless.

Awhile back my Cowboy said he would buy me a yellow Mustang Convertable when I reached goal. But I really have opted for a Jeep Wrangler instead. I have had both before and really think I will have more fun in a Jeep - you know taking it down in the gulch to pan for gold appeals to me more than taking a sports car there. Yep I can look forward to some new wheels when I reach goal.

Ya'all have a wonder OP day tomorrow.
Maggie fixin' to cut some zzzzzzz's in Tennessee
Old 04-11-2001, 12:22 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

What a bunch of LOSERS!!!! Gosh, every single one of us that posted in the last day or two are LOSERS!! Woopeee! I love hanging out with LOSERS!!! (and it's about time too, for me at least)

Good evening everyone! I took the day off and took mom out to see my cousin's new granddaughter. She's just 4 weeks old tomorrow. What a beautiful little bundle! They named her Jordan Nicole. Babies, ummm, that's what life's all about. (in my humble opinion)

Funny story: Yesterday I was at the grocery store and ran into a woman I know who just started WW. We started talking about the program etc., etc. and her hubby looks in my basket. Big mistake. It was loaded, I mean loaded, with Easter candy. He took one look at it (while we were talking about WW mind you) and says, "I can see what kind of diet you're on!" Sooooo, I had to explain to him that this was NOT the best day to be peaking in my buggy, that I have adopted the 38 Frat Boys in my son's fraternity and that all the candy was for the goodie bags that I was sending him on Thursday. How embarassing!

Food has been so-so yesterday and today. I did get into some of my famous peanut butter cups. But the other stuff has been salads and low point stuff, so I haven't been eating healthy, but I'm pretty close to being OP.

Brenda: I'm a country music fan myself, hubby hates it, but I love it! Good going dancing - it's certainly moving!!

Cynthia: 4.8# woohoo! I'm sorry to say I got the 50# magnet a long, long time ago. I'm just working my way back down the scale. The only positive thing is I never quit! You must have done a heck of alot of shopping to get 6 nights free! Yeeesh, do you realize you are really paying for those nights???

Maggie: 2.2# Hurray for you! Good going. You're getting closer to that Mustang/Jeep - whichever one you choose.

Angie: 1.6# You go girl! Doing good.

With all of us from this week we're looking at more than 10 pounds gone! Congratulations to all of us!

Well, girls, I gotta work all day tomorrow and I picked up a theatre again for the weekend. So much for a nice relaxing holiday! You all be good. I'll talk to you soon.

I have known the path of failure, frustration, disappointment, defeat, because I have taken a chance on winning, succeeding, achieving. It takes alot of the first to get some of the second." - Natasha Josefowitz
Old 04-11-2001, 01:07 AM   #28  
Find a Way

YES! The hockey playoffs start tomorrow (hence the change in the picture).

Maggie, I love the jeep and it is much more fun because you can go more places. Hope you get it soon.

Thin, I used it in the grocery stores, which we needed anyway, and DH used it when he bought computers and software for the company he works for, so that helped a huge amount. We didn't make purchases just to get points, so I feel it really is free!! It's lots of fun.

Well, it's snowing out there now and starting to feel darn cold in this attic room (where the computer is stashed). I'll have to hit the gym again tomorrow rather than enjoying some fresh air. Oh well, time for beddy bye!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:30 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,

Okay, who took the sun away? We had rain and dreariness almost all last week. Had a beautiful weekend and are now into our third day of rain. We've had some doozy of thunderstorms so I've had the computer unplugged for a couple days. We went from being in the low 50's to mid 80's and very humid. Its way too early for that; the house is hot and I refuse to turn on the AC in April. I've been drinking lots of water to combat water retention and humidity. I'm not sure if I'm winning yet but will hang in there.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost this week. This is so fabulous and you all deserve a huge pat on the back.

I'm still journalling and am taking a stricter look at the portions, etc. I'm going to have to lower my point range to see what that does. I've been out reading how to bust a plateau on dottie's page. Very inspiring.

Cynthia - Snow????? Please keep it out west!

Maggie - Finally made the vegetable lasagna. I liked it; DH hated it. So I've been taking the leftovers in my lunch. I made a couple of alterations. I added seasoned chopped tomatoes that I drained really well and used FF mozzarella instead of asiago cheese. Still was really good.

Geri - How funny about the Easter candy. Men can be judgemental about what you are eating when you say you're doing WW. They seem to think if you eat anything besides salad then you're not committed. My DH does that to me all the time when I choose to eat something at Sonic but doesn't see it as sabotage when he is trying to make me eat pound steaks. Go figure. Anyway, beware those peanut butter cups!

Everyone else, you're doing fabulous so keep up all the good work and have a great OP day. I need to go do my time on the exercyle, then off to work.
Old 04-11-2001, 08:18 AM   #30  
Makin_it

Good Morning:

Well I hate to be the official GAINER of the group but my WI last night was not good. UP 2.5

I am retaining a bit of water and wanted to use that as the reason but I have just reviewed my journal, like I do every Wednesday morning...... I was over my points range 5 out of 7 days.. BIG DAH for me!

I just can't get away with that anymore. Well it's over and done with and I am committed (Thanks to Maggie) and turn my back on last week and work at staying at the low end of my points range EVERYDAY this week.

I'm glad everyone else had a great WI this week it keeps me motivated.

Have a great day all!

Love ya
Brenda

430/341.5 / 180 in 2002
Closed Thread