Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 06:05 AM   #1  

Yikes! I'm starting to get excited. I just found out I will be going to be taking a trip (for 2 weeks) with my Mom to Australia and New Zealand. Fun!

I really do want to stay on program while I am there. So, I'd love to hear it if anyone has any suggestions for me.

Thanks!!
Diane
Old 02-20-2001, 01:11 AM   #2  
si, si signora

I'm also heading to NZ and Australia in 12 days! I'm not sure what I'm going to do about staying on OP. I travel alot and seem to do okay (maintain, not expect to lose).

Its still summer there, so I figure fresh fruit and veg will be available. Fresh seafood is also big there (maybe not in the outback). We're doing a combination of
staying in niceish hotels, b&bs and one or two nights of hostels. I figure we'll just eat one big meal out (usually lunch) and then
hit a market for cheese, apples, veggies and some sort of protein to make up the rest of the meals.

We also take Luna Bars because they are handy, don't melt and have lots of protein and vitamins. We find them a godsend when flying and are subjected to either 1.tricolored pasta or 2. honey roasted peanuts.

Australia is known for its diverse culture and cuisine. You'll be able to find great asian meals and typically Australian cuisine.

I would also invest in a water bottle. It appears as if summer is not ending soon enough. Its still in the high 90's in Adelaide and Melbourne. Yikes.

I'm not too sure about NZ, I'm just figuring out how the heck we're going to get around between each island. Anybody have any suggestions?

lala
Old 02-20-2001, 08:48 AM   #3  

Hi lala,

Your trip sounds very good! Is it your first trip there? How long will you be there?

I put this same thread on dottisweightlosszone.com there was some interesting input there.
Some of those gals were from Australia and New Zealand. I'll bet they might have some suggestions for you.

Thanks for the suggestions about Luna bars, I have not tried them yet. I'm on my way to the grocery store (or would it be at the health food store?)

Oh, I hope it cools down by the time we go. We have 4 1/2 weeks, so it very well could.

Also there was some information and interesting suggestions on dottisweightlosszone under Tips That Work
> Know your airline food options

Hope you have a blast on your trip. I'd love to hear about it.

Diane
Old 02-20-2001, 10:40 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Wow, I checked out the dotti's thread. Very nice info.

I'm off for about 24 days, much flying and some train travel. We're really packing it in and hopefully, it'll all hang together.

It still looks like summer in the Antipodes. I hope it cools off soon.

lala

Closed Thread