Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #1  

Default 123 Success vs. new program

I have the program materials for 123 Success.

What would be the difference for the new program?

So far, I understand that there are "target" points....the minimum you need to get each day. Then there are some type of "extra" points....35 per week, that you can add in.......as many or as few as you want each day, but when they are gone, they are gone.

Then there are activity points...which I know nothing about, except that you have to use the points the day you get them.

Are there other changes, in terms of point values for foods?

Right now, I am following the points from 123 Success

Thanks

Panda
Old 01-19-2004, 08:24 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Winning Points - 1-2-3 Success - Flex Points are all the exact same program the only difference is what they call different sets of points. And you don't have fewer total points.

1) you still have a minimum point to reach but now it is called target

2) you still have banked points but now they are called FlexPoints -- the only major difference is you get them up front instead of having to put them in the bank yourself

3) you still have a maximum for the week (Target + Flex)

4) you can still have a range for the day like with Winning and 1-2-3 but dividing your points by 7 and then putting back what you don't use between Target and the added FP

5) you still have the option of using your Activity Points but now it has gone back to 1-2-3 where you need to use them on the days you are more active --- common sense you use more calories your body needs more calories -- you also use them before FPs so your bank stays up

6) There are a total number of points for the week exactly the same as both 1-2-3 and Winning --- the only difference is with Winning you were SUPPOSED to be earning and using a minimum of 2 points a day in activity this was to encourage you to earn those 2 that the 'supposedly' took away from 1-2-3 with exercise but it backfired so they gave them back

MAJOR CHANGE - you no longer are required to limit use of banked points to 10 points a day but you could if you choose to use all 35 FPs at one time but once they are gone they are gone
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Th other major difference is the cap of fiber at 4g no matter how much fiber a food has....
Old 02-01-2004, 09:31 AM   #4  

Okay, let me see if I got this right. Im at the 18-25 points range right now. If I exercise I get my earned points and can use them or not. But with these flex points, you say there are 35 for the whole week. Does this mean I could use say 5 of those points each day, thus being my total points being 30, plus any earned points that I may have? I tend to earn like 2 or 3 per day, which would bring it up to 33. Is this correct?

Thanks so much.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:41 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Not quite. With flex points you have a FIXED daily points, 20 I think for your weigh range. You can earn exercise points and use them THAT day or not use them, your choice. and you get 35 flex points to use anyway you want. example: you can use 5 a day plus the exercise points for 27 or 28 a day, or you can use them all at once, ie 20 plus the 35 for superbowl sunday for a total of 55 in one day....Got it?
-L
Old 02-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

No with Flex your Target or Minimum a day as Panda Bear stated is 20 points a day...then if you wanted to add 5 of your FPs it would go to 25 points. But remember if you earn and want to use your APs then you eat those before you dip into your FPs because you have to use those point on the day earned.

So those 35 FPs are really just the difference between the minimum and maximum when you had a range.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 AM   #7  

I am considering rejoining WW. In the past I have had mized results. How are people finding this new plan?
Thanks
Jen
Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #8  
Chick

Dear Jen
I've tried all WW's programs and find this the most doable and successful. It is extremely flexible while encouraging you to stick to your target points. I'm losing steadily without feeling deprived. That's the great part. You really can have a tiny dessert or anything that you wish as long as you count it in. I hope you try this program and it is successful for you. Good luck! :
Judy
234/212.4/thinner
Old 02-10-2004, 08:27 AM   #9  

Judy,
Thanks for the response. I did sign up last week but ended up having to go out of town for most of the week- so this week will really be the first with trying the new program.
Congratulations on your success!
- jennifer
Old 02-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #10  
*~forbidden snowflake~*

"Th other major difference is the cap of fiber at 4g no matter how much fiber a food has...."

I believe it was always that way. I have the 1-2-3 plan and the Winning Points plans and they came with those slider dealies to calculate points and both of them only list 4 grams of fiber on them.

I am finding FlexPoints a bit harder to understand than Winning Pts. I liked Winning Pts, it worked for me.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:32 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Dazzled, What is confusing about FPs?

In Winning Points you had a minimum to reach a day and with Flex Points you have a minimum to reach a day.

In Winning Points you had banked points you put into the bank, with Flex Points you have banked points which you with draw from.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:23 PM   #12  

Actually, my 99 1-2-3 Pointsfinder went up to 10 fiber. People would use this to show that Kashi cereal was 0 points and I think WW took a look at it, not wanting anything other than most veggies to be 0 - because conceivably people would be eating a lot of something with the impression it was 0 points (which it was at that time.)

Either program and similar in terms of the banked/flexpoints. I think what they wanted to get away from was people going over their range one day and not eating as much the next to "make up for it" since they hadn't banked any points. Also, I think they found a lot of people doing the low end of the range, rather than a mix or at least the mid end. By having a minimum that is now in the mid range, you know that people are getting enough points, with the option for more with the flexpoints.

But at least now you don't have to wait until later in the week to eat any of those "banked points." You have them up front, and can have them whenever you want.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:36 PM   #13  

I have just started a varied form of the 123 points system. Varied, because my trainer thought I should eat a few more calories daily than WW allots, and so far it's working. I was on another website which said something about carrots, too, and them getting points now. I'm assuming beets are probably in that catagory as well? If so, how many points are these veggies now?
Thanks.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:53 PM   #14  

Carrots are 1 point if they're cooked. Nothing about beets in my book, other than they're still 0 points. I think the carrots when cooked probably have more sugar than raw.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #15  

I have been doing the 1-2-3 points since I joined WW the first time in '99. Since I'm doing WW on my own and not going to any meetings, I continue to follow the same program. I have been interested in trying the FlexPoints, but am concerned that if I use those 35 flex points that I won't lose as steadily, that I would have if I wouldn't have used them at all. I'm the type of person who aims for the bare minimum of my points and doesn't usually use the banked points, because I feel too guilty. Can you still lose by using those banked or Flex Points? Thanks!

Dawn
Closed Thread