Old 04-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #16  
Less of a Better Me

Flickety_switch - the wedding dress sounds wonderful!

I have posted in awhile, just been really busy. Anyway, weighed in today and got a another 5 pounds star. I've lost 55.6 pounds now. I'm a regained lifetime member and in another 3.8 pounds won't have to pay for meetings any more (5.8 to get back to goal). At this point, I'm losing super slowly.

This week was hard at first because I had a big family occasion meal last Saturday (I used 53 points for that day) and so had to be really careful during the week. I focused on upping my activity and so was really happy to be down 1.4 pounds (I rarely lose more than half a pound or so so this was great).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #17  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Koshka- you are so close. You got this. It may take a few more weeks but you can do it!
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 244/230/150

Height: 5'4

This past week was not so great, but that's okay! On to the next.
roaming_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #19  
Less of a Better Me

Great attitude roaming tiger

(And, thanks, Dixiemom).
Old 04-16-2015, 07:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

You're so close Koshka, that must be an awesome feeling!

I'm having a bit of a blah week. Went out for the fancy dinner on Sunday night and stepped on the scales the next morning to find I was up 1.3kg (2.8lbs). I know it's not real weight but it's Thursday and I'm still not yet back to the weight I was on Sunday morning.

I'm at a bit of a danger period for weight loss I think. I've lost 16kg (35lbs) so I look a lot different physically and I get a lot of nice compliments. At the same time, I'm a little bit weary of the monotony of calorie counting and of being so strict about what I eat all the time and weight loss is much slower. I can see how lots of people fall into the trap of "eh, good enough" when in reality I still have 10kg left to lose!

Will persist for a few more weeks and if it's still super-slow, I might eat at maintenance for two weeks in an attempt to kick-start my metabolism again.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #21  
Less of a Better Me

Irritating weigh in. I did terrific this week. I had 27 weekly points left, earned 37 activity points (ate none of them). My Fitbit said I had an over 4000 calorie deficit which equated to a 1.2 pound loss.

I gained .2 pounds. So, frustrating. I count points and calories and do it very carefully. I had a 600 calorie a day deficit (per Fitbit). I'm sure that isn't totally accurate but no way should I have gained.

I'm pretty sure that this is water retention from the higher exercise (all aerobic) than usual. So, I'll just wait it out but it was frustrating.

Flickety_switch - I was at that place about 6 months ago and I did go on a plateau for awhile. I really do think the mental aspect of it was huge. After a few months I was ready to really push on again and got out of it.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Checking in! Lost 0.7kg (1.5lbs) again this week which I am very happy with considering I ate far more of my weeklies than I normally would this week.

This week I'm away Mon-Fri for work but I stay in a house so am hoping the eating out will be kept to an absolute minimum and I can just eat pretty close to normally.

I am so close to not being obese anymore- 2kg to go and I'm in the overweight category! Woo!

Koshka- that is super annoying. I hate when you know you've worked really hard and there is no reward on the scale. Did you eat anything salty the day before? That usually ruins my day the next on the scale haha.

Good luck this week everyone!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #23  
Less of a Better Me

No, I was super careful on sodium and on carbs the couple of days before weigh in. I did some research on this and feel certain it is due to the increased aerobic exercise which can cause the body to retain water for awhile. I'm sure this will all work itself out, just annoying in the meantime.

And, grats on the 1.5 pounds weight loss. That is great.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

Evening all. My goal was to make lifetime by April vacation and I made lifetime this past Saturday. I had done weight watchers before but quit this time I'm older and wiser and saw it through. My goal is to get to my ultimate goal weight of 118 by the end of May. Right now I'm sitting at 122.4 so I have about 5 pounds to lose.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #25  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Flickety- congrats on the lost.

Koshka- that sucks about the gain but you are doing everything right, so it will come off.

Habakuk- congrats on making goal and lifetime.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
Flickety- congrats on the lost.

Koshka- that sucks about the gain but you are doing everything right, so it will come off.

Habakuk- congrats on making goal and lifetime.
Thanks it feels awesome I'm in a good place with my body and weight. If only everything in life would be this satisfying right now.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #27  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Hi all... I just rejoined WW... I just signed up online so I could start tracking points right away, but I plan to find a meeting so I can weigh in as well, which I like doing...

I've done WW before and done really well with it.... I've been doing all sorts of things this past year to lose weight... And I've lost 50lbs so far, but I would like to lose about 15lbs more and get back down in the "healthy" bmi range... Also than I could become a "Lifetime" member which I've always wanted to do...

So far so good... Not having any trouble sticking to my daily points... Haven't touched any of my weekly's yet (although it is only Tuesday...lol...) And I have a Fitbit that I linked to it, but I'm not planning on eating back any of my activity points and see how I do... I started on Sunday, so I set Saturday as my next weigh-in day...

But I'm already down a couple of lbs on my scale, so I think it's going to be a good week!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #28  
Less of a Better Me

TripSwitch - that is a good plan. Remember that daily points are the minimum you should eat. If you aren't hungry, of course, you don't have to eat any weekly points. But to eat exactly the same number of points every day (ie, just your daily points) is hard for many to do and is, in some ways, an unnatural way to eat. I'm not saying you have to eat all your weekly points (I usually eat some of them and none of my activity points) but WW does set up the program assuming you eat them and it is perfectly fine to eat some of them which gives you a more natural eating experience. Some days you may eat your minimum and then other days a little more, which is fine.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #29  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
TripSwitch - that is a good plan. Remember that daily points are the minimum you should eat. If you aren't hungry, of course, you don't have to eat any weekly points. But to eat exactly the same number of points every day (ie, just your daily points) is hard for many to do and is, in some ways, an unnatural way to eat. I'm not saying you have to eat all your weekly points (I usually eat some of them and none of my activity points) but WW does set up the program assuming you eat them and it is perfectly fine to eat some of them which gives you a more natural eating experience. Some days you may eat your minimum and then other days a little more, which is fine.
Hi Koshka... Thanks... I've actually been tracking with MFP as well, and I'll probably keep that up for a little while longer just to see where my calories are coming in at each day compared with points... Also since I like to eat a lot of veggies and fruit, quite a few of my calories are "zero" points... Which has been making for really filling meals that are still pretty low in points which is great... I also find that it's really nice to have the "weekly's" there if I need them... Like this weekend it's my birthday and I'll probably have some cake or some sort of dessert which I can fit into this plan and not have to stress over... I couldn't do that with the way I had been eating... It's only been a few days, but I'm already much happier and so much more relaxed about what I'm eating now... I had really been just "over restricting" on certain things and I don't think it was very healthy for me mentally or physically for that matter... This is definitely much more "livable" to me... and that's what I really wanted.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #30  
Heading Downtown...

Well the WW site and apps seem to be down... I remember the last time I used to have some problems too... I'd had hoped they had gotten there act together... But they still seem to be pretty "buggy"...

Anyone else have issues?