Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/179/135

Height: 5''6'

Default Back to WW after Ideal Protein

Good day everyone,

I was wondering if there is anybody out there in the same situation? i.e. Going back to WW after being on Ideal Protein for a month. For many reasons I'm convinced now that WW is the way to go for me, eventhough I hate writing everything down, I WILL!!!

If so, please let me know how you made the transition, how it went for you?

Thanks!
Marilyn
mphil66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Hi Marilyn!
Same here...did well with IP a couple of years ago...gained most of it back after my wedding (and being unemployed...it's amazing the effect that living in sweats can have on a person, LOL). Lost the weight again following my own version of IP (Nashua Nutrition), but I miss a lot of the foods I can't have (and I'm tired of salads, haha!) Trying WW online (no meetings)-just started Friday. Will see how it goes. Good luck to you!!
puddleduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Hi Marilyn!
Same here...did well with IP a couple of years ago...gained most of it back after my wedding (and being unemployed...it's amazing the effect that living in sweats can have on a person, LOL). Lost the weight again following my own version of IP (Nashua Nutrition), but I miss a lot of the foods I can't have (and I'm tired of salads, haha!) Trying WW online (no meetings)-just started Friday. Will see how it goes. Good luck to you!!
Hi

Thanks for your reply! I was wondering, did you phase out or just went straight from phase 1 to WW? I miss real food too much as well, and living with two young kids doesn't make it any easier!

Marilyn
Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Well, this second time around i wasn't following strict IP protocol, just using the phase info as a guide...but I did have occasional "cheats"...so I guess you could say I went straight from Phase 1 to WW. Hopefully I can stick with it, at least for the 3 months I paid for
puddleduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Well, this second time around i wasn't following strict IP protocol, just using the phase info as a guide...but I did have occasional "cheats"...so I guess you could say I went straight from Phase 1 to WW. Hopefully I can stick with it, at least for the 3 months I paid for
Sounds good, thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #6  

Hi...

I am considering WW too, after being on IP. I completed IP last fall getting to goal...then I gained it all back in about a month & a half. So I've been attempting my restarts for IP this month, but my skin keeps itching. I think I may come back to WW to lose 40 lbs. I hope that I can lose weight with good old exercise & WW way of eating!!

Is this plan working for those of you that did IP before?

Thanks!
SS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #7  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Im considering the same thing.. I lost a bunch of weight on IP ...in 3 months i lost 40 pounds..however...after i stopped for a wedding...i gained it all back in a matter of a few months and have tried and tried to lose weight again and with several other plans but I am so sick and tired of restricting myself from foods. I love food and its hard to cut out all bread and all sweets and i would rather just follow a plan that allows some stuff..Im going to go back on WW...BUT im going to combine it with intermittent fasting..I will eat my points in a 5 hour window and fast for 19 hours ....so..yah..just got to figure out how many points i need every day..so much has changed.. i was on momentum and still have all my books for weight watchers, but i guess because its points plus, i have to figure out how many points i would get now..geepers...I hope this works out..I hope im not doomed for low carb the rest of my life.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #8  

[QUOTE=Porthardygurl;4684106]Im considering the same thing.. I lost a bunch of weight on IP ...in 3 months i lost 40 pounds..however...after i stopped for a wedding...i gained it all back in a matter of a few months and have tried and tried to lose weight again and with several other plans but I am so sick and tired of restricting myself from foods. I love food and its hard to cut out all bread and all sweets and i would rather just follow a plan that allows some stuff..Im going to go back on WW...BUT im going to combine it with intermittent fasting..I will eat my points in a 5 hour window and fast for 19 hours ....so..yah..just got to figure out how many points i need every day..so much has changed.. i was on momentum and still have all my books for weight watchers, but i guess because its points plus, i have to figure out how many points i would get now..geepers...I hope this works out..I hope im not doomed for low carb the rest of my life.[/QUOTE

I can TOTALLY relate!! I lost 40 lbs in 3 months, too! I just don't know that I can do this all over again, with the same restrictions. Plus, my itching isn't fun! We can do this together!! Like you, I hope that I didn't mess up my metabolism to doom me. I guess time will tell. Let's do this!

Are you all doing this on-line? I did WW back in '05 & was very successful at the time. That was the old point system, so I need to get up to speed on how the new points plus system works.
SS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #9  
Porthardygurl

I was on the old system too... Im starting today..Weighed in..eek...Totally need to lose this weight..
I just found out that I have Celiac...and ive lost a couple of pounds simply from eating gluten..but the price you pay...hours and hours on the toilet and horrible stomach spasms..

But ya..i had a bunch of books including the food companion, dining out guide and the electronic points calculator given to me from an old boss...So i have everything. I just dont have the money to officially sign up for it online..so i will be on my own...much like i was on ideal protein.. And i agree..skin irritation is no fun!!! I hope i didnt much my metabolism up...
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #10  
Porthardygurl

PS..who said ..Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again..expecting results...? Yah...enough of that IP stuff..time to try something different..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm so glad I found this thread. I was on IP, lost almost 30 pounds, but I just missed certain foods so much, I binged and I am slowly adding weight back on. I want to stop that bad habit before I gain everything back! I'm thinking WW is a good balance and can help keep good eating habits without depriving myself. How is it going for you guys? Please let me know!
jlnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #12  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

I was on iP for about two months, but my doctor pulled me off. I then spent a couple of months maintaining but not losing. I started Weight Watchers last month. I find it easier to follow, slower to lose, and tracking to be essential. I inadvertently stopped tracking while my kids were home for Spring Break and gained back 5 pounds, or more. Starting back tomorrow! I have recommended WW to anyone that has asked. I liked IP a lot, but if you need flexibility, and hava a family you are eating with, or have specific health concerns,WW might work great for you!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I have friends who had successes on IP and I was thinking of it. They had no problems, but I see that some of you did.

I had foot surgery last summer and have put on 20 pounds from the immobility. So, I was hoping for a modestly quick way to get it off.

What is the itching?
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 229/222/130

Height: 5'3"

HI! lost 40 lbs on IP. Started cheating which stopped the losses. Then I became pregnant and pronply gained 10 lbs. We had a miscarriage.... I can't go back to IP; miss wine and exercise. Hoping WW will do it but it is so slow!
lisab is offline   Reply With Quote