Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #1  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Default Just a couple of ladies!

Hey how are things going?
Thought maybe it was time to change the thread for the inquiring minds...If you want to chat with Sis and I hey join on in...
We are doing WW and I have been since the first part of January..I really like this program. I live in AK and see moose all the time. Have a good day...
Old 03-26-2003, 07:03 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Sure,
I am game. I live in MA. Been a ww for about 4 years and have about 15 lbs to loose. same 15 for the last 2 years. I guess I am not trying hard enough...lol

Thanks for the join in I look forward to getting to know both of you and anyone else that comes along.

Have a good day,
-L
Old 03-26-2003, 11:16 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

Found you

Sheree - I am waiting for a chance to get to AK again to visit DS and see some of those moose you mentioned. DS has seen some. He said even the young ones are huge. He loves to fly and now owns an ultralight (a wing with a seat and engine under it). He said he has seen quite a few moose while he is flying. He even had one running with him while he was flying. He's going to take me on a ride when we finally get there.

Sis - Do you vary your points day to day? Throw in a high point day now and then? Not that high just at the top of your points. I know several people on the Wendy plan that Sheree was talking about. Seems it works pretty good.
Did that cold front get there? I forgot which state you are in.

Hi L

I weigh in tomorrow. I know I lost (at least my scales say I have) I just hope it's enough to put me back into virgin territory.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #4  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Good idea to start a new thread Sheree. I was just reading the other one and was thinking about that. Yep, I've done the Wendy plan and had some success with it. I'm not sure what my bodys doing right now. I think one thing is that I need to lower my sugar and carbs. I kind of overdo them in my points I think. Its hard not to for me for some reason. I'm still sticking with it though. I'll get there eventually. I've come too far to give up now! Its getting close to spring and that will help a lot I think. Unfortunately no, Sheree I don't get that exercise in everyday. You're right it would help a lot! Well I hope everyone has a great day. Thanks so much for the input. Its nice to be in this together. Chat later.....Sis
Old 03-30-2003, 12:42 PM   #5  

I have not tried the Wendy plan but think it may work for me every once in a while when things to be in a rut...I understand the sugars and carbs thing...I think it would be good for you to up your excercise and to give your food intake a re balance! You have to stick with it....you are soooooo close!! How do you feel each week...like you think you are down or that oh maybe? how about stress any of that? Ok enough interogation....
we are doing the homeshow and needed some normalcy in my life so I came here to talk to you guys...teh show is going well...but man long days...today is the last day! Well better go get ready for the day!

L~ How are you doing? How is your motivation to loose that last hard 15 lbs? Have you lost a lot in the past years? I think I could be a WW leader..though I am far from goal...so can't do that for some time. I had someone yesterday see my water jug from WW on teh table and said she joined WW that am...so we talked about the program and some motivation things and she seemed good and happy when she left me...I told her to come to my WI day!
WOW Joyce...your DS has a plane...my hubby would be jealous...a dream you see! He does go up in the helicopters for the army and says teh moose and carabou do jsut that...it is cool...He said they saw bear last year. how was your WI the other day???
Take care ALL!!! Chat soon...
Old 03-30-2003, 02:03 PM   #6  
Sis

Well I have been pretty good this week end! I walked 2 miles yesterday and 4 miles today! I told my dd that she just need to tell herself when we walk "I'm helping Mom, I'm helping Mom." That seems to help her want to do it with me. I told her too that if we keep doing this everyday that by summer "we'll be lookin soooo goood." She REALLY liked that idea. Maybe by motivating her we'll both be getting in the exercise that is so good for us. Anyways, just wanted to share the exercise news. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week end. Catch you later.....Sis
Old 04-01-2003, 08:29 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

Well, I had a busy weekend. One grandson (11) for 2 nights and another gs (9) and gd (4) for one of those nights. There was a lot of giggling going on Sat night - even from the boys.

And I had a rough time with program. I usually have a hard time when I get out of my rut (comfort zone). I had a loss of 1# last week but I will probably show a gain this week. I have good days during the week but Sat and Sun come around and I get off track. I think this next weekend will have to be a scheduled weekend. I figure out what I want to eat and when (actually schedule times) and stick with it. When I get into the kitchen I start grazing. Well, enough is enough.

Sis - You are doing good with the walking. I have trouble getting in 10 minutes at a time, arthritis in one knee bothers me. So I have been trying to get in several 10 minute walks. Yesterday, according to my pedometer I did actually did 2 miles total. I have read that even doing it in pieces is good. I sure hope so.

Sheree - DS has an ultralight. Close enough to a plane for him. I think he actually likes it better because you can land and takeoff in shorter places than a plane. He has a pilots license and he has training now in teaching how to fly these things. He's hoping he can earn enough money teaching that he can pay for the thing. I'm going to try to attach a picture of one like he has. His is different colors.

I hope you all have a great day. I'm going to!!!

Last edited by Joyce in CO; 06-08-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:36 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well thanks for asking sheree
My motivation is not that high. I seem to have found a weight that I don't have to struggle with. I do watch what I eat and I do go to the gym daily so it balances ok. I lost about 45 lbs on ww 4 years ago. I had 2 major surgeries where I gained a total of 20 back. I would someday like to take off some of it. I got to a weight were I could eat only 18 points and had to work out 2 hous a day.

I also in truth do not want to be a habitual dieter. I am not huge. I am somewhere between am 10 and a 12, but I am also trying to raise kids to be good about food and I need to set that example of not always having forbidden foods. I know WW lets you eat anything you want but as you know it is not anything you want all the time.

So for now moy goals are to be as healthy as I can and to learn to love me and stop the self loathing. So far it is working.
-L
Old 04-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #9  

L sounds like you have the program down...just need to do the last bit to get to where you want to...
I like WW because you can be at goal and eat normal things and not consider yourself on a diet...of course it is like everything...things are only good in moderation. It has to all balance out...of course it depends on each individual person. there are a lot of poeple at our weekly meeting that are back for a 2nd or 3rd or 4th timet o loose the weight they gained...I am sure it is difficult to be normal...waht is that!!!
Hey sis down a lb is great to hear for you..how is the walking coming along this week? You were doing so well last week...The gym has a scale and I have to practice what I preach about not getting on it every day I am there!!! It is hard. I am glad I dont have one at home...
Joyce that plane looks cool You are going to go up on that...wow you are a brave soul and trust your DS a whole lot!! Looks like fun! How has your week been going? Did you end up gaining? I was down 1.2 just above the 200 lb mark...I think I can go under next week...I have a small new goal now...My parents are coming in late June early July and I want to drop as much weight as I can so show my mom that it can be done...since I am so motivated to do it anyway might as well show my mom how great the program can be!!! Well I am tired from taking the kids swimming today so better close...
Love to hear how you are all doing!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 09:49 AM   #10  
Sis

Hi Sheree and everyone. Not doing too bad. The weather here has been outrageous!! 2 days of freezing rain then snow and very cold temps!! Needless to say I haven't been walking. But I will as soon as the weather turns back nice, which it is supposed to this week. Then onward and downward. Hope everyone else is having a great week end. Take care....Sis
Old 04-11-2003, 08:49 PM   #11  

How is the walking coming a long Sis? I like having the tread mill and the gym because I would never be able to get out and do anything outside...I barely can walk around.
It is my hubbies b-day and we are heading out for the evening...
I saw a pound loss way to go!!!
I did change my lunch from sandwich and chips to salad and o point soup I am hoping it was the trick to my 4.6 loss this week. SO now down 28.6!!!!! I am so thrilled! Well better hit the road...how is everyone else this week???
Old 04-12-2003, 08:07 AM   #12  
Sis

Sheree, hope you have a wonderful time out with hubby tonight. We just don't get enought of those "nights out" , do we?
The walking is coming great! I walked 2.2 miles on Wed. and Thurs. with dd. Yesterday I walked 4.4 miles. When I walk dd rides her bike and keeps circling back and around me when she gets too far a head. Hubby walked 2.2 with me yesterday after he got home from work. We will try to walk today too. Oh my goodness I just reread your post and realized you lost 4.6 THIS WEEK! WAY TO GO!!!!! That is GREAT! I want to do that one!
I'm with you I think that soup helps ALOT! Plus it helps us get those veggies in. How do you make yours? I use frozen veggies, V-9, canned ckn broth and I also add a can of beans (pinto, black eye peas or something ) to give it a bit of stick to your ribsness. I also take out half veggies and puree the rest and add back the whole ones so its thicker. Well I've went on long enough today. Have a great night and weekend.....Sis
Old 04-12-2003, 12:19 PM   #13  

Hey Sis!!
We did have a good time..I had arranged a surpise dinner party for him with some friends. He was surprised too! We try to do it regularly but our daughter does not cooperate very well...not obeying the sitter.
GREAT JOB on the walking...
I am so thrilled with the size down for the new dress? i bet it looks good just cuz you are so happy! Don't you feel differently wearing soemthing when you are pleased with yourself!! There is this guy Stan (have I mentioned him before) that goes to our WI he has lost 67 lbs since Christmas...though he started at over 400 lbs He is loosing at least 5 a week! We are so pleased with his progress he is the only guy in our class! I printed out teh things you do differently wtih the soup...I am going to try that this week. I usually cook it the way the recipe says to do it...but not htis week!!!!!!!
Any hot plans for the weekend? We are going swimming today after my hubbies math class...the kids want to do soemthing for daddy for his birthday!
Have a good weekend too...
Old 04-13-2003, 05:29 PM   #14  
Sis

Sheree,
Glad to hear that you had a good time. We need that once in a while. Sorry to hear your dd didn't do well with the sitter. That happens sometimes I guess. Kids will be kids. I hope you like the soup ideas. I think the beans give it a little staying power in your tummy. We got in our 2.2 mile walk yesterday and today. I have done pretty well this week with the walking. It helps when DH can walk with me. I think he keeps my pace up cuz my legs are so much shorter than his. I am 5' 5 1/2" he is 6'1", so I have to struggle a bit to keep up if he doesn't slow his pace a bit. Hopefully this will help me drop a lb or 2 this week. Well, you have a good week coming up. Chat soon.....Sis
Old 04-13-2003, 11:27 PM   #15  

OK the verdict is in....The soup was the BOMB! ONE problem!! is it not 0 point soup any more since I added a can of peas...pinto beans...and then pureed a good portion of the veggies... I am really hoping it still is 0 point but tell me the skinny... My hubby thought it was great! He really liked the pinto bean as an added touch! You are great...
Great job on teh walking...I know what you mean about keeping up with your DH! I am 5 feet and mine is 5 9 so we would have the same prob. I think you should do great this week..as long as your journal tells a good story too... You have a good week too...
Closed Thread