Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:18 PM   #46  

Flex comes out this Sunday in some regions and then the following Sunday in others. Not sure when etools is going to be updated.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:22 PM   #47  

I have a new journal which shows you the Target points for your weight

I can't wait for the new program to begin. I need a fresh start to lose my last 59 pounds.

47.6 already gone
Old 08-15-2003, 11:36 PM   #48  
Thin Within

The new WW program is out in the latest WW magazine. Our leader said we will get the first of the new program on the 28th. I guess you in Canada will get it first since WW is owned by someone from your wonderful country.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:20 AM   #49  
One day at a time..

Angry WW...

We will be getting the new Plan here in Palm Bay next Tuesday. That will be the 19th. I can hardly wait.

Venetia
Old 08-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #50  

My WW Leader told me (on the side) that I will be getting my new plan tomorrow. I'm excited about a change and nervous too. I am a creature of habit so I may keep doing what I'm doing but change is nice too. We'll see.

Lisa
Old 08-17-2003, 11:41 AM   #51  

Well whenever someone gets the materials. I hope they will post them here, so we all know what is going on.

7 more days and I get the new plan! I can't wait. Even though I have a pretty clear idea of what it is.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #52  
seekie

Apparently the change will be made on eTools and WWOnline on the 24th. I'm excited!
Old 08-17-2003, 12:47 PM   #53  

I sure hope so. It would suck for me to get the new info at meetings and not be able to use it online yet.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:41 PM   #54  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I only joined ww in May this year - will I be able to get the new tools for the revamped program? It would be really annoying to find out that these are only for brand new members and that I would have to pay for the materials again.....
Old 08-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #55  

Nope everyone will get the new materials.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:43 PM   #56  

Here is an email I got from ww.com (etools) regarding the new plan. I started this program today at my WW in New Jersey:

Here's the Scoop on Upcoming Site Changes
You may have heard from your Leader about Weight Watchers moving to FlexPoints. This service announcement will introduce you to the NEW FlexPoints! Read on to learn about the FREE enhancements to the WeightWatchers.com Web site and how they will affect you.

What is FlexPoints?
The NEW Weight Watchers FlexPoints is based on our simple and familiar POINTSŪ Weight-loss System. FlexPoints is designed to provide great flexibility, which makes it so much easier to lose weight in the real world. For example, each week you'll get an extra 35 FlexPoints to use as you please throughout the week. And we think this is even easier than banking, which used to be the way we saved up POINTS for a splurge.

How will this affect my account?
On the day that we switch to FlexPoints, banking will be obsolete. You will instead have 35 FlexPoints to use until your next Weight-Tracking day when your FlexPoints balance will be reset to 35 for the next week.

FlexPoints are calculated based on an average of 5 FlexPoints per day. If you have fewer than 7 days until your next weigh-in, use your best judgment on how many of the 35 FlexPoints you want to spend. Remember, this only applies to the first week after we switch to FlexPoints. Each week after that, your FlexPoints balance will reset to 35 on your Weight-Tracking day so there is no longer the need to bank POINTS.

How many POINTS will I be able to eat each day?
Rather than a Daily POINTS Range you will have a POINTS Target which is 2 POINTS above the bottom of your range. Let's say your current Range is 22-27. Your new POINTS Target will be 24. Plus you'll have your 35 additional FlexPoints to use throughout the week.

Is there a change to the calculation of POINTS values?
No, food calculations will remain the same.

What about the online Journal?
To make it easier to follow FlexPoints and track how you're doing, the Journal will become the POINTS Tracker. And with the new name comes a great benefit. We do all the math to figure out how many FlexPoints you are using based on your food intake and exercise level!

Can I still follow Winning Points?
You can continue to eat the same number of POINTS as you did under Winning Points. The main benefit of FlexPoints is that it makes the POINTS System simpler and easier to follow by letting you choose how many POINTS you want to spend each day.

Will these changes raise the price of my Weight Watchers eTools subscription?
No.

What if I have more questions?
When the switch happens we'll direct you to some special materials, including our FlexPoints Intro, a guide that will fully explain FlexPoints. In the meantime, if you have any pressing concerns please contact customer service.

What happens next?
Look out for an e-mail announcing our special FlexPoints Intro and a FlexPoints Message Board.

We hope you'll enjoy all the benefits that the new FlexPoints and our online enhancements offer.

WeightWatchers.com

So, in a nutshell, that is what I learned at my meeting today.

Lisa.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:37 PM   #57  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the heads up Lisa , it sounds like this will be alot easier to do, since I love the 123 plan, the flex points will just make this MUCH better for me
Old 08-20-2003, 01:20 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Default I have the new material!

At my meeting last night as I was about to step on the scale the lady behind the counter handed me a new book and told me that this was the new program.

I received the new (and very attractive) looking week 1 book and the new Flexpoints journal.

This was exactly what I was looking for and will hopefully be what alot of people need to get back on track. Over the summer months I just couldn't find my motivation to track points, measure food, go to meetings, exercise and just basically STAY ON PROGRAM.

I have spent the last couple weeks desperately looking for something to get me going again and losing again.

The answer came last night with the new program, the new books, the new journal and a brand new fresh start.

The program looks great and after looking through all the materials last night I can honestly say that I am so excited and motivated right now to stick with it.

I love the idea of starting with a set amount of points and subtracting from there. It makes it much easier to know what I should eat and what I should pass on, making me accountable to how many points I have left for the day. Now it takes the guess work out as I am seeing what's available as I eat them.

The WW web-site still hasn't switched over yet and it doesn't seem like alot of people have seen the program yet, but I can't wait to start losing again.

Good luck everyone...here's to a great On Program day!
Old 08-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #59  

Hey there, thinking of rejoining WW and going back to my meetings, been doing the program here at home, basically for convenience reasons.....just curious ....what is the weekly fee up to these days?? Are there any specials going on right now?
Thanks
Michelle
Old 08-21-2003, 02:47 PM   #60  

In Wisconsin I pay 9.95 a week.
Closed Thread