Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default My WW App Won't Work!!

Hi, i used to have the ww app on my droid, after stopping ww over the Summer uninstalled it from my phone. This past weekend I downloaded it again and now it says there's not enough space, I then deleted about 3-4 apps and it STILL says not enough space.....HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! I have the barcode scanner and calculator app but not the other one
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Try a couple simple things if you havent already: Shut off your phone, pull the battery for about 30 seconds, replace and restart.

You can also check settings -> applications -> running services to see what exactly is running and to stop some apps.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

I had the same problem with my Droid and after several uninstalls and deleting all old pics and things I didn't really need any more I was finally able to use the WW app. It does take up a lot of space.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #4  

Is it installed on your phone's memory or your SD card? If it's on your phone you could try moving it to your SD.

If you're not sure, find your task manager (usually w/ your other apps) & check your downloaded files. It will tell you where they are saved & if you click on the app name it will take you to a page where you can choose to move it to your SD card (f it is an available option for that app. (which it is for the WW app & the scanner - but not the calculator by itself.)

Hope that works for you!

Last edited by anga; 02-22-2012 at 09:31 AM.
anga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #5  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

That's because the WW app for droids sucks. I emailed them and told them that last week.
You have to move it to the memory card, but there has to first be enough space for you to get it onto your phone. I had to download it right after I had factory reset mine, otherwise it WOULD NOT go on. It's something like over 500KB when all other apps are usually less than 10, it's ridiculous.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #6  

LOL i agree it does suck! That brings me to another question, if i factory reset my phone, will i lose all my contacts and numbers?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #7  

Yes. You would lose everything. Best to try to move some existing apps (or photos) to your memory card first so you can try to DL the WW app.

I've emailed them about an issue with the app I'm having (I can only track activity points by doing quick add) and the response I got didn't even address my problem. :-/

I think my biggest complaint with the droid app (not sure if iphone app has this issue) is that if I add a food manually I can't select a serving size. If it's been a while since I've had that food I may not remember exactly how much 1 serving was. And "Servings" is all it will let me choose.
I have started putting "(1 cup)" or ("113 g) etc... at the end of my descriptionso I'll know. but still... I should be able to choose it when I create the food.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #8  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anga View Post
I think my biggest complaint with the droid app (not sure if iphone app has this issue) is that if I add a food manually I can't select a serving size. If it's been a while since I've had that food I may not remember exactly how much 1 serving was. And "Servings" is all it will let me choose.
I have started putting "(1 cup)" or ("113 g) etc... at the end of my descriptionso I'll know. but still... I should be able to choose it when I create the food.
iPhone does have that same issue and I do the same thing, that is add the serving to the description. I don't know if the android can get the new WW Scanner app, but you can scan the food and can change the serving then in the regular app. Of course, if the food isn't in the scan database you still have to manually enter it but it seems to help a bit.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #9  

STUPID thing lol! I just moved around a million things to the SD card, rebooted phone, moved WW app too and from SD card lol! STILL won't work, what a pain in the butt!!!!!I like to use it when i go away somewhere...ugghh!!

So i uninstalled it lol!!

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 02-22-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #10  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

No, you will not lose your numbers if you have a google account linked to your droid. Your photos/ringtones and everything (with the exception of apps) should be on there if you factory reset. I would call your phone provider. I reset mine and everything was still on there.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessendicott View Post
No, you will not lose your numbers if you have a google account linked to your droid..
I forgot about that! I have a google account linked to my droid but don't have my contacts sync so I wasn't even thinking about that as an option.