Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #1  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

S/C/G: 227/227/148

Height: 5.6

Default Weight Watchers Online

Hi

I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers online. I don't have time to get to the meetings and I don't feel I need that accountability. Can someone describe what the online tools are?

Here is a few specific questions:

Can you track online using a database for food?
Is there a program (graph) to show your weight loss?
What are the others features?

Is it worth it? I already have the most current Weight Watchres material as I was a member last January.

TIA

Bonnie
Gottadoit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there

I have the Monthly Pass (which includes meetings and online as a package).

The site includes a Plan Manager which helps you to track your food, exercise and good health guidelines. There's a large database of foods in their system, as well as a Points calculator so that you can enter the foods you eat which don't happen to be in the system. Your Plan Manager then stores those foods, so you don't have to re-enter them each time. They just become a part of your database.

The Plan Manager includes a Weight Loss Graph, as well as a Measurement Graph to track inches lost.

The site has a ton of fitness and weight-related health articles. There's a Community section which includes message boards, community groups and even challenges that you can sign up for. I don't personally find that the community is as helpful or friendly as is 3FC, but it's there and can be useful from time to time for WW specific needs.

I find it to be very worth it, especially the Plan Manager for tracking food. I happen to have an iPhone, and there's a WW application that I can use to track my food to my Plan Manager even when I'm out of the house. It's perfect for me. I'm always using it.

My experience with their site has been mostly positive. The only real negative for me is that there are places within the Community section (the message boards specifically) that tend to be clique-ish or a little blunt/snotty. But, the Community Groups are so much better, and I can simply avoid the areas I don't enjoy.

I hope that helped!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #3  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

S/C/G: 227/227/148

Height: 5.6

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. It helps alot. I think I may go for it!

Bonnie
Gottadoit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/148.5/125

Height: 5"2'

I love the online tools. Its all I use. Between my computer, my iPad, and my iPhone, there is NEVER an excuse not to track. And I love to look at the reports and watch my weight go down.

There is also a great iPhone/iPad app that is free for members that has tons of recipes, and let's you build shopping lists based on those recipes. I've never done a meeting (and honestly don't think I'd like it at all). I'm completely OK with holding myself responsible. After all, I'm the one that has to be happy with my body and health.
mcorbesato is offline   Reply With Quote